“Average At Best”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Dudley, Massachusetts
“Average At Best”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at ths hotel this week while on a business trip to New Jersey. Edison was a central location for my trip. Not knowing the area well, I chose the Comfort Inn as it usually is a safe bet.The cost for the night was $67.00 per night so my company's approval was easily granted.

Upon my arrival, the front desk was professional, not very friendly or warm, but professional. The inside of the hotel was your typical hotel appearance from hotels built between the late 1980's early1990's with little improvements during this period.

The rooms were small, but clean. The bed was comfortable.There was internet access and the TV appeared to be new. Besides from the bed linens, it also didn't appear to be updated recently. Very average.

I was awoke in the morning to a fire alarm. Seeing it was the first time ( and hopefully the last) that I was in a hotel with a fire alarm going off, ( and being on the upper floors), I was quick to rush downstairs. To my own alarm, there was nobody from the hotel staff out sending out info or instructions, or at least letting anyone know there was no fire or cause for alarm. I just saw fire men walking around the building and people sitting in the breakfast area eating and watching TV.

The breakfast was disappointing. I recently have been to much much better hotel breakfast areas. This breakfast would have been fine about 10 years ago or so. Many hotels have come a long way due to competition , but the area was cramped, and eating waffles with paper plates and plastic forks can be challenging.

Upon check out the woman who checked me out was very friendly, accommodating and professional. This woman should be promoted as she obviously has a career in this field.

If you are looking for an average hotel just to sleep for the night, this hotel is suitable. I would not recommend it, but again C-.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jvol365

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cardiff
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in late Ocotboer 2011. We booked it the night before we left Boston and got it at a fantastic rate, which included breakfast. I was very impressed with the room size, you could park for free and had some fantastic restaurants on your door step (we had to use a car to get to them though...it wasnt the type of place where you could go out for a walk, especially as the road was super busy.) The breakfast included hot and cold items, I made my own waffles and pancakes which was great. We also had free wifi for our phones and used the hotel computer to print out our flight details...we did have a problem with the printing but the manager was fantastic, he said to email it to him and he would print it out for us, which he did. The place was clean and tidy, probably the best value hotel we stayed in whist we were in the US, for the price and what we got.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loopyloodles
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed one night and the experience was quite pleasant. It was right next to an Asian grocery store and within walking distance to international restaurants. Prices are modest and the hot breakfast included hot waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage! Due to the presence of smoking rooms near the non-smoking rooms, smell of smoke was present in the hallways. However our room did not smell and we had a good night's sleep in the comfortable queen beds.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking rooms far away from any smoking room if you wish to avoid smelly corridors.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rimjhim1
soupsmp
Reviewed November 30, 2011

This hotel was fine and decent for the money - about $75 per night. Decent room, clean, nice bed and adequate TV. Internet is adequate to surf and check emails - I wasn't able to send large files for work, but not a big deal. Blows away the Red Roof Inn and they are roughly the same price - but this is actually a hotel and not a motel like the Red Roof Inn. Free breakfast is a bit of a gimick but it's actually pretty good and improved over the years. I just think this is a good value for the $75.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank soupsmp
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Made reservation for a non-smoking room.. Walked in room stunk like old smell smoke / ash tray. Went to front desk had room changed. New room had cigerate burns on toliet seat, ac not working, remote control not working. Then next morning they offered a breakfast where food service employee had his white gloves on, we watched him push down the trash several times, then without changing his gloves put out and handled the food.... i wanted to puke.. I complained to hotel manager we was rather rude, but offered me 10% off my next stay when I come back... ya, like that would ever happen... They should send in the health department to this hotel.... Please save aggervasion and go some place else....

Room Tip: Seek other hotels in area
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank John O

Travelers are raving about these Edison hotels

Long Beach, California
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Working claims from Hurricane Irene. Stayed 5 nights here. I've read some of the other reviews, look.... Everyone wants a cheap room but then complains about the room. Rooms are clean & spacious, hotel has a good breakfast area, customer service was great.

Room Tip: This hotel is safe and clean. Excellent room for the price.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank theclaimsman
Saint Rose, Louisiana
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Room was clean and comfortable. When looking up hotel it stated hotel had HBO it did not. Breakfast left something to be desired, and restruants were hard to get to. On busy highway 1 it was imposible to walk and hard to drive anywhere.Do not know why but garbage was left outside side door and looked bad, but it was cleaned up after a few days.Would stay there again.

Room Tip: kings are the better rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business