“Good Service, So-So Property”

Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Edison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Service, So-So Property”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a pretty standard, older Sheraton property. The lobby and bar/restaurant (complete with a Starbucks) have been updated fairly recently, so they feel a bit “fresher,” but generally this hotel’s age is starting to show. This is particularly true in the rooms which are functional enough, but definitely feel a bit long in the tooth. Carpet’s pretty worn and furniture/bathroom feels old and dated. The cable in my room was really crummy the first two days (like a signal that’s been “split” too many times) and on the 3rd day was completely out.

Internet was surprisingly speedy (by hotel standards) in my room.

Service throughout the hotel is friendly and efficient. Checkin was easy and quick. Ditto checkout – in fact, the manager saw me walking towards the desk, asked if I was checking out, and said he’d take care of it and send me a receipt via email. 2 seconds.

Didn’t eat at the restaurant – it was super mediocre on a previous stay, but the menu’s been refreshed and snacks I saw folks eating at the bar (wings, spinach dip, etc) certainly smelled good. Bar service was great. There was a woman bartender from the Ukraine there during my stay… can’t recall her name, but she was friendly, efficient and made a very good martini.

In short, its an aging property but most of its shortcomings are offset by solid service, which has steadily improved since earlier stays and my previous review.

Total side note: every time I’ve stayed at this property, its packed with Chinese tour groups. I have no idea what the heck there is in that area that’s attractive to Chinese tourists, and the curiosity is killing me…

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MrHao
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your response and for staying us. We do apologize that you had cable challenges during your stay and have addressed with our Chief Engineer. Regarding the aging of our facilty we are in the process of addressing the areas you mentioned in the near future starting with renovations and upgrades. I am happy to see that our team took good care of you and meet your expectations regarding our service. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to see you again in the near future. In closing your question regarding tour groups are usually international travelers that travel up and down the East Coast (NY , Washington DC) Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

As soon as I walked into the lobby Alexa greeted me warmly with a smile and asked me how my trip was. She quickly accommodated me and was extremely efficient and excellent at her job. I stayed on the club level and the staff in the lounge were extremely hospitable. The room was quite standard for Sheraton, which always means a comfortable Sweet Sleeper Bed. The housekeeper was really nice and was great at her job. The hotel features a whirlpool which is very nice to have. Most 4 stars do not have that. The pool was extremely clean, and the chairs were always stocked with fresh towels. This hotel features free parking and free WiFi in the lobby, two very nice touches. The staff here went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable, which it was, and was extremely nice, especially Alexa. She should be promoted as she is the nicest front desk agent that I have ever encountered. The general manager runs a great hotel, and is an asset to it, as well as Alexa. This was an extremely great experience and this property and manager have mastered hospitality......

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your nice response regarding your stay with us. I will ensure that we pass on to Alexa your positive response. It is great to see that you enjoyed our hotel and associates on levels through out your stay. We thank you very much for your business and look forward to your return. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Maggie and Nadia make the bar the most relaxing and friendly stay. The care showed to the customer is hand down the best. I travel the US. This in a regular stop. But one of the most welcomed stays. I look forward to the smile ,warm reception and the appreciation of my business. Hats off to the staff. Great place

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you very much for your response and recognizing Maggie and Nadia, these are two outstanding associates and are responsible for many of our returned guest. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that the rest of our team as well meet your needs. We hope that your travels bring you back in the near future.
Warm Regards,
Tony L. General Manager
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Sooooo it was another bad day at the office as so many have been lately. Those of you that work in the Supply Chain / Logistics arena can relate. So we decided to come for drinks and appetizers after work today as the Sheraton is literally right around the corner. The main I come here and pay a little more for my drinks is because of the personality and service provided by Maggie. She is down to earth and someone who would probably be sitting in a bar stool next to me in some hole in the wall bar. She's too notch and the reason we keep coming back :) I will state this though. They lock those doors by the Starbucks way too early. It's really stinks for us smokers.... I like the atmosphere here at the bar, it's a great place to unwind and get drunk after a Bad Day at the office.

• Stayed June 2014
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you very much for your business it is greatly appreciated and for identifying Maggie who always does an excellent job for us. Thankyou as well for bring up the door locks, we will look into this and ensure that they are opened at the right times for our guest. Thank you once again for you support and choosing the Sheraton Edison Hotel.. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I frequent this hotel for business on a regular basis. It is located In Central NJ and has Very easy access to the turnpike as well as close to several shopping and dining areas.

The staff at this Sheraton, Esp Lily, Joe and Eddie are AMAZING and go out of their way to make sure your comfortable and have everything you need.

The club lounge offers a great assortment for breakfast and dinner as well as a large selection of alcohol, soda and water for you to enjoy.

There's a shuttle service for local needs; such as food, shopping or banking. Ken the shuttle driver is great.

I can't say enough about the service. The whole staff is Fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay at the Sheraton Edison Hotel. It is great to see that your stay was a very positive one. I will ensure that we share your positive feedback about Lily, Joe, Eddie and Ken. They are key associates of our hotel and do a great job each and every day for us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I had to call around 3 AM local time to change my reservation for a next day arrival and Mark Miller could not have been more helpful. He actually called me back as he was unavailable when I first called, and quickly solved my problems. I highly recommend this hotel, and especially appreciate the awesome customer service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your response during your stay with us. It was nice to see that you identified Mark our night auditor . Mark has done an outstanding job and his attention to detail and follow up is excellent.We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again soon. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Bad weather landed my customer and I at this mid - way point for dinner. I've eaten here many times in the past and the food never disappointed, so I trusted my customer would enjoy. An excellent decision it was! We had the chairmans rigatoni. I will go as far as to say I've had pasta dishes in Rome, Italy on business which I've raved about and this dish just bumped them all! The sauce was exceptional, grilled chicken which was juicy and cooked to perfection.
Hats off to the chef - and please NEVER take this dish off of your menu! It should be a signature dish.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your nice response regarding your meal at the Sheraton Edison. I will ensure that I pass your praise to our Chef. He does have alot of talent and is very creative with his menu options. We thank you very much for choosing us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#5 of 15 in Edison
Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel

Been to Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center? Share your experiences!