Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
$100
Travelocity
$57
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsclub levelnew jerseyraritan centerlobby areanj turnpikefitness centermaggiestarbucksbartenderbusinessnycroute
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I can't say enough about this hotel. The staff is amazing. The beds and pillows are more comfortable than the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia. I actually think the rooms are more comfortable than the Ritz in Philadelphia. The food is great as well. If you're not a Starwood preferred member than I would suggest you become one. The quality if the food in the club lounge has significantly improved. Thelma that runs the club lounge is the most accommodating lady in the world! This hotel makes you feel at home and there is definitely not the stereotyical "Jersey attitude" whatsoever. I will always stay here when I travel in business.

• Stayed: January 2014
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that our team meet your needs along with your accommodations. It is nice to see that you recognized Thelma on our club lounge. She does an outstanding job for us and recieves many postive comments and is a pleasure to have her on our team. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, thank you very much for your business. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Location: This hotel is located right on route 1 off of 95 (NJ Turnpike) and located near conference center. There are a cluster of hotels in the area but mainly an industrial park.

Appearance: Attractive place and trendy in a good way. Overall clean and kept clean. More of a business resort set-up with lots of meeting rooms.

General Up-Keep: In good condition but some areas show some wear and need updating.

Workout room: Appeared to have the basics and not what you would expect at a Sheraton, I expected more. (There is a 3.5mi Greenway a few miles away that is very well kept.)

Restaurant: There is a bar and restaurant, did not visit. Also a Starbucks attached to hotel.

Room: My room was on the 6th floor, it had updated furniture and the bed was comfy. Appeared clean in all the right places, but for those that look a little closer, I was shocked to find a long hair on top of my desk and plenty of hair on the shower walls (BTW, I am bald, so not mine). Also, while I was doing my stretching on the floor I found lots of debris on the carpet that you would not see looking down (plastic cloths label hangers, crumbs, etc.) My guess is the maid is rushing through the rooms. Plenty of outlets in room. Bathroom tub did not drain.

Overall Report: Overall, this is nice place and I got a great rate on Priceline bidding in the off season of less than $60. There are plenty of places to eat/shop within a few miles.

Would I come back: Yes

Would I bring my wife and family: Yes, if we were only passing through. Not much family stuff in the close area.

Reason for this trip: Business

Room Tip: I would ask for a floor that don't use much.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you very much for your response, we thank you for your busines and value your feedback we recieved. We are happy to hear that the hotel meet your needs for travel as well as the service. I have addressed promptly with our Operations team your notification of some cleanliness items that you mentioned and they are being addressed immediatly to this exception, our housekeeping historically is above brand standards at all times and this is a good opportunity to refocus on these items. We thank you for your business and look forward to another opportunity in the near future to be of service to your. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was my first time at a Sheraton Hotel, March 21, 2014.

Greeted in a warm professional caring manner by JonaRose & Manager on-duty.
Delicious Surprise: Manager immediately offering hot soft Philly pretzels on our arrival!

"Special" things that we noticed that were "normal" for this hotel:
~24 Hour Gift shop for necessary items that were reasonably priced.
~Breakfast buffet that had a beautiful presentation, clean stations, attentive-friendly waiter/waitress, delicious piping hot food that wasn't dryed out.
~Rooms with luxurious linens, calm decor.
~Pet friendly environment with those outdoor potty stations.
~Bar area for those who wanted to indulge and socialize.
~Convenient location to Expo Center, 1.2 mi away.
~Ample parking
~Minutes away from the famous "I almost ate the whole thing at Harold's" Deli & Restaurant. Be prepared to share...cakes are 13 inches tall. You can purchase bagels and fresh hot loaves of Jewish Rye Bread for home.
~Friendly staff who sincerely & frequently addressed us by name and asked if everything was OK. The hotel staff made you feel right at home while enjoying their jobs!

Very pleasant experience.
I was impressed.
We will return to this exact hotel in the future.

Thank You !!!

Room Tip: Room have calm decor, luxurious linens. Room facing the main entrance were very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Veronica S
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind response. It is so nice to recieve such praise from one of our valued guest about our hotel.We will share your response with all of our team memebers, it is comments like these that make it all worth while to all of us here at the Sheraton Edison. We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We came for a 2 night stay and were disappointed that we asked twice for extra towels (you get 2) and extra pillows. They never came!! Pillows were flat with no stuffing. Room uncomfortably warm.., we called about that too. After 2 requests we gave up!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your response. On behalf of the Sheraton Edison Hotel I would like to apologize for the lack of follow up from our team on delivering apon your request. I have addressed your comment with our management team to ensure that their is consistency in all request that are made, although this is an isolated experience it is one that we do not take lightly. I would like an opportunity to make it up to you and do request you call me directly at the hotel so we can ensure you recieve the proper treatment that you are accustom to. Once again our sincere apology. We look forward to your call and return. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Clean and well kept property. Easy check in and friendly staff. Room was nice and clean. We enjoyed the pool area very much. The bar service was good too. There is Harold's restaurant right by there do not miss it if you like deli meat and huge portions.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you very much for your response. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and that you found the hotel clean and well kept. Our team takes great pride to ensure that our facility is well kept at all times. I am also happy to hear that our team was friendly and engaging during your stay and that we took good care of you at the bar. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager