Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
$71
$68
$57
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsclub levelnew jerseyraritan centerbed and pillowslobby areanj turnpikefitness centermaggiestarbucksbartenderbusinessnyc
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Not great, not bad. Room was clean, bed a bit uncomfortable, Like many hotels, the bathroom exhaust didn't work and occassionally odors from other rooms came in through the vent. Windows were not operable, which is always a problem because most of the air you breathe in a hotel is recirculated. I don't expect to be able to open the windows fully, but it would be nice to be able to crack them a bit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We shared with our Chief Engineer your comment regarding the air vent in the bathroom and will have all of our exhaust vents rechecked for operarability, we appreaciate that you bought this isolated issue to our attention and apologize for the inconvience. I would greatly appreciate if you could reach out to myself so that I could make up for this with a future stay and an opportunity to meet the expectations that you are accustom to . Once again our sincere apology for this . Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Horrible experience, the absolute pits.
My fiancee's family lives nearby, so we travel to the area often. Plus we have a small business that frequently travels and requires 5-6 rooms with each business trip. We got a room through Hotwire.com for this "4-star accommodation". On first site the hotel lobby is very welcoming, the room looks very nice, spacious, cozy. However, the bed was terribly uncomfortable. I never had such a sore back, in fact I eventually opted for the floor. Also the sheet was noisy, starchy. I might as well have been plastic.
Honestly, the uncomfortable bed would not have been enough for me to write a bad review. Hotel beds are hotel beds, I don't expect perfect accommodations. But what happened the next morning was unacceptable.
In the morning my fiancee and I went downstairs to see if there was a continental breakfast offered. We walked through the lobby to the restaurant area to find a standard continental set-up. Cereals, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, sausages, bread and a toaster, frozen-microwaved-reconstituted home fries, etc. Par for the course for hotel frequenters. So we grabbed some breakfast. During the meal a waiter came by and asked if we'd like any coffee, juice, water, etc. We got some coffee and juice. It wasn't until the meal was nearly completed that a different waiter came and asked if we had a voucher for breakfast. I was shocked. He went in back to check if our room included the voucher, to which he came back and said no, and this INCREDIBLY BAD MEAL would cost $16 EACH. I want to reiterate at this point, when we arrived there were no signs, no employees, nothing giving any sort of hint that this might not be a standard continental breakfast. The waiter even came and brought us drinks without informing us about the voucher situation.
Frustrated, I paid for the meal and took my receipt to the front desk to inquire about this business and hopefully get a refund, because after all, we would have gone elsewhere to eat a healthy, freshly prepared meal instead of eating that crappy food that was sitting out all morning if we hadn't thought it complimentary. I met with two front desk ladies. One was EXTREMELY NICE AND SYMPATHETIC. I want to be clear about this, because there is a right way of saying you can't help someone. She couldn't help, but she was sympathetic and kind. The other woman however was EXTREMELY ARROGANT AND COLD. She was really a terrible person to deal with. I understand that the meal wasn't included in the room... but no sign? no employees? No customer should ever be treated poorly because of their lack of clarity.
To make matters worse, when we were leaving my fiancee overheard the arrogant front desk woman say to the kind front desk woman, "The customer is not always right." That may be true, but there is a right way and a wrong way of treating customers, and her tactics are at the bottom of the totem pole.
I have never seen a lower class of employee. I would recommend firing her immediately before she insults and turns away more customers. We will continue traveling to the area every month or two. In addition we have a small business that will require multiple rooms every few months. And the Sheraton Edison Hotel will NEVER get another cent of our business. I'm sure we'll find another hotel that will welcome our returned business.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Brett B
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Let me start by apologizing to you for not meeting your needs and expectations from our hotel. It is dissapointing and surprising to hear that our team was not providing you with the level of service you are use to. Our team usually provides outstanding service as noted in many of our Trip Advisor reviews and other brand related websites, however in this case we let you down. The rate plan you were associated with does not provide complimentary breakfast and it is unfortunate that there was a miscommunication to this. I am glad however that our team member offered to get you coffee and juice and for the misunderstanding in the future should have enpowered themselves to offer you a complimentary breakfast. I am surpised as well that you found the breakfast unacceptable and have reviewed this isolated situation with our Chef so he can take corrective action in the future. I would like an opportunity to make this up to you and if you consider using us again please contact my office directly and we will prove to you that we can meet the service that you are use to . I look forward to an opportunity to service you again. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Rooms were ok. Price was decent. Food was pretty good. Bar service was great. Maggie was spot on and great company. John was pretty good too. I will suggest this hotel to my corporate for future business stays.

• Stayed: February 2014
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Edison. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are very happy to hear that you recognized John and Maggie at the bar. They are both excellent associates and are often recognized with positive praise from our guest. We are also happy that you enjoyed the rest of the hotel and the accommodations. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and thank you for your business. We hope to see you again in the near future . Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Was booked from Priceline with really good price. Stayed here for 4 days and really enjoyed my stay. It was snow time and restaurant and Bar is at the property so, that help me. Room service, front desk and at the Restaurant everyone were excellent. No problem at all... Do prefer again and again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you very much for your response and for staying with us. It was nice to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and our team took good care of you. We thank you for your business and hope that you will visit again soon. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The staff makes this hotel. The hotel is dated but the staff gruelu card for their customers. Maggie at the bar and Eddie at the front desk go thd extra mile for you the customer. They are friendly and like to see you. Welcome you as old friends

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback. It is great to hear that you pointed our Maggie and Eddie. It is team members like themselves that makes our hotel what it is today. We value and greatly appreciate your business and the time you have taken to recognize them. We look forward to your next visit, until then stay well and we will see you soon. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager