“Dirty”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hoboken, NJ
“Dirty”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'm writing this review from my room at the Sheraton. At checkin, front desk was very friendly. However, when I used the bathroom in my first room, I found a used vaginal douche kit on the ledge next to sink (see picture). It totally turned me off to this hotel, as I am curious to what other housekeeping deficiencies I'm missing. The front desk gave me another room on another floor and gave me access to free breakfast which was appreciated. Nevertheless, given the douche kit size, there is no excuse for housekeeping to miss this. As such, I am uncomfortable in my second room even though it appears clean.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank BobAdams111
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent comment regarding your stay with us and apologize that we fell short of meeting your expectation regarding your room. Although you found our team members accommodating and senstive to your experience it is not an excuse to our procedure disconnect. We have reviewed in detail your experience that occurred at the hotel and spoke to team members to qualify the information. We have identified the occurrance as an error in procedure on the room availability at that time, unfortunatly our team member did not recall the item that was mentioned. Our team within houskeeping at this hotel has been above standards in comparison to many of our competitiors by historical documented results and we have never experienced any experience of that magnitude of your comment mentioned. We do sincerely apologize for this and have taken very thorough steps to ensure that there is not a disconnect in procedure of room availability in the future. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss if you would like to contact me at the hotel.
Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Not sure what other properties in the Edison vicinity are like... This location is a fine, functional, albeit unexciting Sheraton. Kinda like a burger - it'll fill you up, and as long as you're not expecting steak.

Checkin was efficient and fast. The room was a decent size, with functional but somewhat dated and worn furnishings. Bed was soft and comfortable and room temp was consistent and comfy. Bathroom was clean and spacious. For a taller person, the shower head will hit you somewhere around mid-sternum, which kinda sucks.

Paid Internet is crummy and slow.

Restaurant is middling at best. Staff are eager, though slow and confused. Quality is a lot like the hotel... It'll fill you up, but gourmet food this ain't.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MrHao
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback during your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that your checkin and room experience have meet your expecatations and you found it efficient as well as funtional. We do however apologize for the inadequate size of the shower and room condition. We have not had reoccurring issues with either of these items however will address in further detail with our Chief Engineer. You will also be happy to know that although our Food & Beverage experience meets most guest expectations we will be taking this to a higher level that will enable more variety for all our guests. Once again thank you very much for your positive and constructive feedback. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed April 23, 2013

What can I say about a hotel where the soap scum in the bath tile is so thick that it came off in large chips? On the floor next to the sink was a large splatter of something pink...dried with age. While the bed was comfortable and the staff friendly, I couldn't overlook these things. I was so uncomfortable because this dirt was so visible...what was there that wasn't obvious?The hotel was accomodating a convention. Plenty of advance notice. While the food was ok, the dining room was woefully understaffed and the service horrendous. The bar served all the drinks in plastic cups because they didn't have enough glasses. Sorry, I expect something better than that for the prices I was paying.

Room Tip: Here's a tip...stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent response during your stay with us in February. Your feedback is greatly appreciated . We are very sorry that the experiences did not meet your expectations on room cleanliness and Food & Beverage. You will be happy to know that we have already made some exciting changes since the time you stayed with us in the Food & Beverage area and have recieved many positive respones. Your room experience was an unfortunate one and unaccepable but surprising to our team after they have historically been known to recieve many positves comments. We were happy to here that you found our staff friendly as they do take great pride on engaging with all guest to go out of their way to make each stay a pleasant one. In closing we all here at the Sheraton Edision sincerly apologize and hope that we are fortunate enough to have you stay with us in the future. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Edison hotels

Reviewed April 23, 2013

the staff at the front desk is really nice!
they helped us store some takeout food as well. the rooms r nice but u can makeout cracks in bath tub, its an old place. the housekeeping staff is a little rude, this is the first time i had to fight for towels. u have to be careful about access card in elevators if u dont insert the card soon, elevator will takeoff on u. i had to do two round trips when i had my hands full. the pool is small but not clean, jacuzzi didnt work. but i enjoyed the food at the club lounge. the parking is free.

Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your objective and constructive comments during your stay with us. We are glad that you found our associates friendly and accomodating . We do apologize for falling short on the bathroom and pool area however as they pertain to be dated and needing an update. We have taken steps in regard to your comments and have made the necessary adjustments to enhance the upkeeping of the facility, along with adding supplies to meet the demands of all our guest. We hope to see you again in the near future and would welcome another opportunity to meet your expectations. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Buena Vista, Virginia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

After all I am in New Jersey and the hotel [and three or four others] are at the gateway to one of the biggest distribution centers in the country which was built on what once was an old Navy Munitions Yard or something like that. It is standard cookie cutter ticky-tacky but did the job as the bed was soft and the room quiet. Other than Mr. Ken Chance the shuttle driver/bell captain and one other gnetleman, balding, whose name I forgot, the rest of the staff seemed to be like deer caught in a headlight when you asked them a question about the local attractions. The pool area is great even with a suana in both the men's and women's bathroom as well as a super fitness room. The jacuzzi was either to hot or to cold never just right. Ordered two 6 dollars glasses of red plonk from room service shortly after settling in with a friend which ended up costing $28 with all the plus plus plus added on. After a pleasant chat with Jason Skinner the dictator of Food & Bev was issued a chit good for two drinks [UP TO A $15 VALUE !!! ] to be re-deemed at the bar. Last nite in ordered the petite NY Strip from room serviice which was supposed to be 6 oz and $15 and got delivered a 12 oz steak which they wanted to charge me $26 for. That bill also got rectified but come on, should one have to deal with stuff like this. I was a vendor at the Allen Hopkins Super Billiards Expo 2013 which was held at the NJ Convention Center which is at the tail end of this complex. This place is not a vaction destination but as the show will be back here in 2014 I will be reluctantly staying here again, this time a little better informed about the lay of the land. Also considering my room rent for myself and my sales staff was almost $4000 for the week that we were there I got no sense that we were "special" not that that really matters to me.

Room Tip: The hotel is pretty quiet but the one elevator down to the pool/jacuzzi can leave you stranded for w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your response during your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found Ken a great asset to our hotel, he does recieve numerous positive comments. I am sorry however for the lack of additional knowledge that was not provided from the rest of some of our other staff members, which is surprising and disappointing. We value our selves and have been very successful on service standards with many of our guest, additionally we are glad that you found the pool and fitness enjoyable to your liking. We will look into immediately the shortcoming though within food & beverage but were glad that one of associates offered compensation to this. We hope in the future that you will consider us in the future and once again our sincere apology on our shortcomings during your stay. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I was a bit concerned about booking the hotel based on other reviews. however I found the hotel to be at a great location, the staff was super friendly especially the front desk manager, and my room was just fine. Hotel with easy to get to and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. The team at the hotel takes these very serious and loves to here the feedback that is provided from our valued guest. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel up to your standards, We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future and that we have the opportunity to see you again. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Hotel is in a very good location, the reception staff are friendly and efficient and the rooms are quite satisfactory.
However, the restaurant brings down the whole experience.
When requesting some help re Gluten Free options, the staff seem to have no understanding at all what that means and in fact, the supervisor was arguing with me that breakfast wasn't 'free' (there was a charge) and I had to enlist the help of Guest Services personnel to explain.
In this day and age, one would expect that staff at a major chain hotel would be better informed.

Room Tip: Request a room furthest from the elevator equipment
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your response regarding your recent stay at out hotel. I am glad that you found our staff friendly and your room quite satisfactory. I do apologize however for the lack of knowledge of our waitsfaff. We are currently upgrading our level of service standards along with our menu options. Additionally we are deploying new seasoned leadership in our culinary and Food and Beverage Operations to raise the level in both these categories to meet the increased level of our valued clientel. We hope that we will see you in the future to experience our new menu that will also offer gluten free options as well. Warm Regards, Tony L. General Manager