“Solid hotel, good club lounge and breakfast”

Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Edison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The first room I received smelled like smoke the moment I walked in. When I called the front desk, they immediately gave me another room just down the hall and brought up the key within a few minutes.

The room was typical of what I expect at a Sheraton. A clean room, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The club lounge had some evening food which was pretty good - pasta and some kind of hot stuffed pastry, plus some red velvet cake.

There are several hotels in the area -- and lots of highways. Anywhere you want to go, you will have to take several highways to get there.

The lounge was closed on Sunday so they provided breakfast at the restaurant which was very good. A full hot breakfast -- the food and service was good.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. No complaints.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate your comments.
It is our ongoing commitment to offer excellent customer service. We will be sure to share this positive feedback with our staff.
Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Dorothy Paez, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We checked in after loosing power during Hurricane Sandy. The staff was amazing. They did their best to help during a very difficult situation. Thanks to all of the staff. While we were there they lost power due to work that PSEG was doing. They helped all the guests in any way that they could.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thanks so much for writing about your stay with us during Hurricane Sandy. Our staff did their best to make everyone as comfortable as possible and we have received some really great feedback. Yours is certainly appreciated. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and hope to see you back again under better circumstances.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is the second year that we stayed here for the Exxotica Convention. Very nice staff. maids gave us extra coffee for the room and we came with our own half and Half so we were able to keep the coffee flowing.

The pool is open from 6 in the morning as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

We really appreciate your taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Sheraton Edison. Our staff strives to do their best and I am very happy that we met your expectations. I will make sure to communicate your comments with the team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Checked in for an election night party during Superstorm Sandy. I may be biased but after a week without power and heat, the hotel's hot tub in the pool area provided the warm therapy needed to penetrate my cold and aching bones! The gym area also appeared more than adequate for those seeking a machine based aerobic workout. The rooms were adequate, but I noted it lacked a refrigerator. I sprung for King Club rooms and paid extra for this upgrade for my wife and I, as well as friends, to settle in for long night of Electoral tally. I would recommend the "Club" upgrade for the business traveler; access to a separate exclusive Club Room (nice TV lounge with computers; where soda/ water/coffee is gratis; beer and wine extra) is located on the 12th floor where a light hot meal at night (6-8pm) and continental breakfast also included for upgrade. Overall, you are paying a little more for extras and the convenience in this better than average hotel in a better than average chain in an expensive Northeast market.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Your review is important to us and we want to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. The club level is a special amenity that many of our guests enjoy. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and do hope you will come back again soon.
General Manager Sheraton Edison

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here after my community lost power during Hurricane Sandy. Because the hotel had a gasoline-powered generator, it was able to remain operational even though all electricity was out in the area. I found the staff extremely friendly, helpful, and concerned. Despite limited resources, the hotel was able to provide a bare-bones breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the small, casual dining room, and plenty of booze at the bar. (The bartender, Maggie, was a delight to talk to.)

The rooms are well insulated and quiet, with decent LCD TVs. The pet-friendly policy may be a turnoff for some, but I enjoyed seeing the dogs and heard very little barking.

Mainly I want to thank the hotel staff for handling a difficult situation with courtesy, professionalism, and kindness. One very minor quibble: wifi in your room should be free. (It costs $10 a day, though a wired Ethernet connection is available gratis - this didn't help my iPad, though.)

Room Tip: Floors 10 - 12 are more desirable. Elevator access to those floors is restricted to guests with the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
DPaez, Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Your wonderful review of our hotel and staff meant so much to all of us. Thank you for taking the time to let others know that we do care. The recent hurricane devasted so many in our area including several of our team members at the Sheraton Edison. I am very proud that we were able to help so many of our guests and provide a safe haven during the storm and the days following. We hope that we will see you again under better circumstances and wish you and your family the best.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel offers all that you would expect from a Sheraton, except there is no refrigeration in the room and they charge for Wifi. I paid $9.95 for 24 hours of service, but checked in at 8 pm and checked out at 9 am (for a family funeral), so this is a total rip off. I am flabbergasted that, in 2012, a hotel still charges for Wifi.

That being said, the hotel is spotless, the restaurant is very good, and the staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The New York deli around the corner is excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. I apologize that the internet fee upset you and hope you understand that we are following our franchise standards. Thank you for your kind comments about the rest of your stay and the staff. When you return to the Edison area please come back to the Sheraton Edison

Reviewed October 24, 2012

From the moment I entered I received a nice warm welcome from a guy name Antwan H. He made sure everything i needed was taking care of. Im not too familiar with jersey so talking to him definately helped. The rooms are neat and clean beds are very comfortable. I felt right at home everyone was friendly. I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

• Stayed: October 2012
DPaez, General Manager at Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Your comments are certainly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to write and let others know we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope you return for another visit soon.
General Manager, Sheraton Edison

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#4 of 15 in Edison
Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center

Been to Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center? Share your experiences!