“Great Staff and Friendly Atmosphere”

Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Edison
GreenLeadersBronze level
NJ
“Great Staff and Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Date: Feb.23,2007
If you need a place to get away for the weekend, this is a great place to stay. My husband and I were traveling to Marco Island, FL the next day and we booked one night to stay here to be closer to the airport. First we thought we made a mistake because there was a party going on in the hotel and most of the guests were staying in the same floor we were, on the 12th flr,which is the Club floor. You get extra perks for staying in this flr. Anyway we were hanging out by the bar and Lynn Woods, who is the manager/supervisor that night approached us and asked us about our concerned with the other people staying there. Lynn was very accomodating with our needs and she made sure that we were taking care of that night. My husband and I felt really good about the place and the people, especially Lynn and Maggie,that we decided we will come back again just for a relaxing weekend.

• Liked — the room was great,especially the bed. it was very comfortable. the staff were very friendly
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New York
Reviewed February 24, 2008

We always stay at Sheratons because we use the Starwood Preferred Guest points at these. This particular Sheraton is my favorite. Its large, beautiful lobby is so inviting. It is the most clean and well kept of the many Sheratons we've stayed at, and the service this weekend was superb. The staff was extremely accommodating in every way. They treat you with great courtesy. They gave us a complimentary breakfast simply because they forgot something very minor. They took the time and care to see that their service met all our needs.

My daugher may go to college in this area of New Jersey and we plan on using this Sheraton each and every time we come to visit her.

I would highly recommend this Sheraton to anyone!

Stayed February 2008
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
Reviewed February 17, 2008

I stayed at the Sheraton-Edison and have been extremely pleased. The staff has been more responsive than most any hotel I have visited. The front office staff (Toni) and Lynn W. were very responsive to a special request I needed for printing documents and also a special request to fulfill a transportation need. In addition, Jerry who drove the hotel shuttle bus was extremely professional, pleasant and helpful.

The best part? The customer service wasn't extraordinary because it was part of their job, it was extraordinary because Lynn, Toni and Jerry are extraordinary people!

Thanks for a great experience Sheraton-Edison!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank TigerGuy01
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 16, 2008

I travel constantly on business. The front desk crew at the Sheraton was gracious and caring from the beginning. I will definitely stay there when I am in the area, which is several times a year.

The shuttle driver took me to the train station and picked me up for trip to the city, and drove me to a local restaurant that I never would have found without his guidance.

The hotel has renovations on the drawing board, which will be nice, but the overall feeling created by the staff made me always feel that they appreciated my business.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
5 Thank yogit47
Wilton, CT
Reviewed February 1, 2008

I really enjoyed my stay: the staff made me feel like I was the only guest in the hotel. If you stay on the Club Level ask for Lynn Woods - she is a manager who really understands the hospitality business and knows how to make hotel guests feel at home.

There's free coffee and tea in the lobby; parking is plentiful and close. The elevators were quick, and the food plentiful in the Club Lounge. The lounge closes at 9 p.m., but one night when I got back late they stayed until 9:45 p.m. so I could grab a late bite.

The rooms and lobbies were clean but I do understand a complete renovation is in the works, which is the only reason I rated it a 4 instead of a 5. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
11 Thank mathmusic
Pittsburgh
Reviewed January 19, 2008

I had stayed at your hotel on the above date for the Energy Leadership Conference. The staff working at the restaurant was very kind and helpful. But truly, what made my experience great was Lynn. I don't know if she is one of the managers, but if she is not she needs to move up in the company. Lynn is a person who naturally posses what we call the E-Factor. When you meet her, a person can instantly like her and you don't know why. Whatever problems you may have they instantly go way, cause of the demeanor she presenting. It was great staying at the Sheraton, it was excellent because Lynn was working the front desk. (The E-Factor stands for the Energy For Success. What makes someone more successful then others.)

Stayed January 2008
16 Thank sweetsunshine42
new jersey
Reviewed January 9, 2008

We repeatedly go back to this wonderful establishment because the staff id very accommadating and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are impecably clean. Room service is always delicious and timely. The manager of the hotel, Lynn Wood, is the most helpful in that she makes special arrangements for us upon request. It happened to be my birthday that weekend and when I returned to the room later in the evening there was a bottle of wine waiting for us to just relax and enjoy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who just wants to get away and relax without any hassles.

• Liked — The great staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
15 Thank sophistry23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#5 of 15 in Edison
Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield

Been to Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center? Share your experiences!