“Very convent for my acces”

Red Roof Inn Edison
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Edison
“Very convent for my acces”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I'm very happy with price $69/night. Come on face it every one doing business to make money. Nothing is free in this world. I'm very happy with this price. One thing I like to suggest that have only few some room to stay with dog because room small bed ones dog stay in room and no matter how much you clean room allwas small

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Manchester, NH
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed here for two days, part work and part vacation. Everything was great. Free wireless internet worked perfectly, and it was very easy to connect. Lots of free parking, I was able to find a spot next to the building even though I got in late at night and the place was very full. I heard nothing from the rooms on either side unless the people were going in and out of their doors. Either they were all super quiet people or the walls really don't let much sound through. The room was comfortable and clean. New-looking air conditioner that worked great, thank goodness, it was very hot. No hair dryer, but no big deal at this price, bring your own. For five dollars more than the basic, the room has a microwave and fridge and a nice work area where you can plug in all your stuff without having to crawl around the floor and move the furniture looking for outlets. The housekeeping and front desk staff were all nice and efficient. Great price and great service. I'm very pleased.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I made a reservation at this facility through Red Roof Inn reservations. They quaoted me a price and told me that I may get a better deal when I checked in since I was staying 8 nights. As it was I was charged more than others that were checking in. Some were paying as little as $51.99 and some the rate that was posted on the front of the building and the sign out front of $59.99 per night. I was charged for two nights at $72.44 and for 5 nights at $98.31 per night and the last night at $58.49 plus taxes. I would have thought that staying for (8) nights there would be some rate consideration, but obviously not in a good way. I will try NEVER to stay at THIS facility again and to never make a reservation throught he Red Roof Inn reservation line. They say you get the best rate that way, but all I got was WAAAAY overcharged. The room was only average and the A/C was horrible. It barely kept the room cllo at night. The room felt damp all the time we were there. Never at this location will I stay again. There was no discussion on Tracies part (the guy at the front desk), just that is what you agreed to so too bad. He did not say this directly but he sure put this through with his attitude.

Room Tip: do not ever use red rood reservations
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
9 Thank DeMouseMan
Schlamie, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Edison, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thank you for reviewing your latest stay at the Red Roof Edison .
We value our guest's feedback. I noted your concerns regarding rate you were charged for the room. I would ask you to provide additional details so I can investigate further.
Please contact me at your convenience.I look forward to hearing from you.
Michael Whale
General Manger
732-248-9300 i0194@redroof.com
Red Roof Inn
Edison NJ 08817
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I was looking for something super cheap that allowed my dog to stay with me. This place seemed perfect. It was your average motel. Perhaps a bit nicer. But since they allowed dogs which was a great thing for me - I noticed there was old dog feces on the floor. Not lumps of it but enough to notice it in the carpet. I would never walk around these rooms without socks/shoes. The shower was pretty dirty. They tried really hard with the bathroom floor but it was just falling apart. I would say this place was half gross/half great. Whatever that means. Definitely check out your room thoroughly as soon as you get there. These rooms should be 40 dollars/ night not the 70 that I paid.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank loveagoodhotel85
upstate NY
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We always try to stay at a Red Roof because it's so reasonable, but really nice. This one is no exception. We paid in advance and I only paid $42.00, But the room was impeccably clean and the beds were comfortable. Why can't every hotel chain be this affordable? I will always look for a Red Roof when I go away. You're just throwing away your money if you stay someplace else.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
weston, ma
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Stayed here one night on the way from PA to MA with my dog. This Red Roof Inn ranks about average compared to all the other Red Roof Inns I have stayed at before. It is right off the exit from I-287 and is a few minutes away from the major fast food chains and shopping malls. The bathroom is very clean and the mattresses a bit soft. I brought my own pillow based on other reviewers' claims that the pillows were lumpy but they were OK. Maintenance was a bit lacking as there was a burned out overhead light in my room and the thermostat dial was illegible resulting in a chilly room (I used two blankets). The basic CRT TV's could use an upgrade to flat screens. My dog and I appreciated the huge field in front of the hotel. For the N.J. area, the rates are very reasonable for what you get - a clean room, convenient location, fairly safe area -- but don't expect the usual frills. I'd probably return to this Red Roof but wouldn't go out of my way.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank twogoldens
Kentville, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2010

This motel is conveniently based within a short drive to New York and is an excellent value considering this. The staff were great, and the location felt safe. However, one bed was filthy like it not been cleaned, and the second was cleaner but not great,, so we slept on top of several sheets. Everything else was fine. Dog friendly is a big plus.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple