“Not a clean place”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Somerset, New Jersey
“Not a clean place”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Before my girl went to training for the army we decided we were gonna spend the last two days together and we went to that hotel . The first room they gave us on the pillow there was a bed bug eww so we had to back to the front desk again for another room the second one was okay and at least the lady acted like she cared but its not a good place.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was stranded at Rt 1/9 due to the fallen power lines and trees at the height of the hurricane. My car shaking from the mighty winds and the windshield seemed like to very close to shatter. I decided to seek refuge in this inn.

If your intention is spending a cozy romantic evening forget it you'll be disappointed. In fairness to this hotel it provided me a warm bath and dry evening on a night that seemed like the world is ending.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place is awful. My neighbors and I were forced to evacuate our apartment complex because the roof blew off during Hurricane Sandy. We ended up staying here for one night. The staff was incredibly rude, the floors were sticky...all in all, this was one of the most disgusting hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I just was traveling solo just for my daughter's birthday, some dental appointments, and really to close out my storage space since we moved out the state. Initially, I requested a non-smoking room and probably got the best/cheapest rate available. I was put in a smoking room and complained to Expedia thru Kayak. The front desk hostess( an white haired old yady ) argued with the Expedia representative incessantly. I had just driven from SC....didn't check in till 7:30pm after dental appointment/running around( EXHAUSTED ). I just asked the hotel hostess about what I booked and than were there any other rooms available, She had a BAD ATTITUDE and told me the motel was booked solid. I drove to Pathmark to pick up Lysol/bleach. There was a dumpster parked in some of the parking spots...a mattress in a parking spot...and the outside area spelled like cat urine. I recalled after walking past some rooms on the first floor that they were unoccupied and the hostess LIED to me because she was upset. I went to another host( shift change and she left ). I explained my dilema and he stated non-smoking would cost additional $$. He couldn't input this change in the computer and I had to pay cash.
The toilet, bathroom, and shower areas weren't clean! I wiped EVERYTHING down and CLEANED the tub. I think the shower curtain on the outside had dried blood and some other icky marks. The comforter smelled like Indian swear and I sprayed EVERYTHING down with my Lysol. Additionally, I think this is part of a welfare motel. The intial SMOKING room had cigaretter holes through the sheets/comforter and SMELLED like an ashtray.
I slept with the television ON and one eye OPEN. I was on the first floor and some strangers were BANGING on door for some reason. It didn't help some gentleman were burning toast and set off the fire alarm TWICE one morning.The fake breakfast is cereal boxes/milk and toast. I told my wife that I would NEVER be that thrifty with myself A-GAIN YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

Room Tip: Check with friends and visit if possible. Don't get FOOLED by the internet HYPE!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MYMUSH8
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2012

One of the worst Days Inn hotels in the chain. While not expecting alot, I received even less. Only stayed about 7 hours total, mainly to sleep between a drive hotel beds were dirty, TV did not work. Bathroom is grimey and old with few if any updates completed within past 20 years. Encounter with mgmt about hotel and room went unanswered and calls since then to rectify any issues have still be unanswered for an entire month.

For the price point there are much better choices within short driving distance

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed here bcoz i m a Wyndham Member & had no other choice at that time, Days inn edison location is good that is the only reason i gave 2 star. Our room was not cleaned properly, toilet was leaking, There was a burn stains all over the furniture it could be smoking room before they turn it in to NON Smoking. The funny part was the bathroom which was bigger then the actual room i didnt get that, Will never ever stay their again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo