“Beware if cleanliness is important”
Review of Global Inn

Global Inn
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Our stay in Days Inn Edison, NJ was unpleasant due to the dirty conditions of the bed and bathrooms. The staff were pleasant people.

We requested and received a 2nd room-which was as dirty as the 1st. We were stuck! We purchased our room on line at a reasonable price requiring a guarantee with NO changes. We had to stay. No rooms were available in the area.

The linens were clean, beds neatly made but had small holes in the sheets. I sponge bathed rather than step into the shower...when you find hair in a room you have just entered---and dust, dirt and more hair, on closer inspection---a very dirty room! The stay was tainted...We will not stay there again and we will be back in the area!

Room Tip: request to see the room and always look in the shower
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area.

• The staff was informed that you found them to be pleasant people. They received our commendation on the courteous way in which they treated you our valued guests.

• Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that you will reconsider your decision not to stay at Days Inn Edison again. We take our guest reviews very seriously and I think you would be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

It was very difficult to make a reservation with this hotel over the phone. The receptionist spoke very broken English with a very heavy accent. My husband had to repeat our credit card number 5 times before the person understood what we were saying to them. After 20 minutes of being on the phone, finally we had a reservation.

Once we arrived at the hotel, actual check in was difficult as well. The receptionist again could hardly understand what we were saying; likewise it was almost impossible for us to understand what they were saying.

The first room they put us in was ATROCIOUS! We wanted to go ask for a refund and leave but because of the language barrier we were pretty sure nothing would happen. So I contacted the Days Inn national customer service line and explained the situation to the woman on the phone- saying that there was no way I was going to allow my child to crawl around on these floors. She asked me to stay on the line while she contacted the front desk. When she got back with me she said that the person she spoke to could understand English just fine-you just had to speak slowly (turns out the person she spoke with definitely was not the same people we had been dealing with, of course). She said that the front desk person said that we could check out and she would make a note on our reservation what happened and then her manager would have to check over it the FOLLOWING day and decide if we could get a refund. We were leaving NJ the following day. So we had three choices: see if another room would work, leave and pay for another room someplace else and get a refund from this Days Inn, or leave and get another room someplace else and not get a refund from Days Inn- thus paying for two rooms. So we decided to see if another room would work and it did....barely.

We didn't want to risk not getting a refund as we are a one income family. So we kept the bathroom door closed, slept almost fully clothes and got the hell out of there as soon as possible.

Are you kidding me? How could anyone think this room was fit for a family to stay in? How could anyone think that these conditions were NOT worthy of a refund? PLEASE see the pictures I've attached and PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) The registration staff was instructed that when there seems to be a problem with a language barrier, it is perfectly fine to ask for help from another staff person for whom this is not a problem.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Edison. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

This is about the customer service and not the hotel it's self:

I booked a room for two nights for this past weekend confirmation then a week ago I cancelled the reservation. On Thursday 3/3 I called to confirm that the room was indeed cancelled (I did not receive an email confirmation) and got the cancellation number.

On Monday 3/7 my card was charged for the two night stay as a “no show”, I called the hotel and spoke to a woman name Neela (she was very hard to understand) and she argued with me that she was charging me as a “no show” even though I had the cancellation number. She finally agreed to look into it and reversed one night because she still claimed I was a “no show”. I had to call back this morning and argue with her again to make sure she refunded the additional $89.77.

I stay at Days Inn a lot and have friends who do it too but if this is how we are going to be treated I’m not sure we will be staying at the Wyndham hotels chains in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miamstem
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that things did not work out for you to be able to stay at Days Inn Edison recently.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) We are looking into the matter of your having been charged for a room as a “no show” even though you had a cancellation number.

2) Neela received additional training in the proper registration of our valued guests.

I hope that when you do visit our area, you will choose to stay at Days Inn Edison. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

- Noisy staff, the lady who manages the place was instructing her staff at the top of her voice when we were trying to grab some breakfast.... incredibly ill-mannered.
- The wifi is supposedly free but couldnt connect to it... the manager was clueless about the wifi
- Good location... access to eateries, shops etc.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank badevilrrs

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a good one.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. It is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) The management received additional training in the proper way to instruct her staff, politely and completely and in well modulated tones.

2) Maintenance staff was informed of the problem you experienced with the wifi and instructed to see to it that the wifi in the room which was assigned to you is in proper working area.

3) Staff members received additional training in the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Edison. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

I checked into this motel very late as we drove in from Washington DC, only to stay 1 night (thankfully) and go into New York! From the moment I came into the office I knew this was not going to be a good experience, the 3 inch thick glass told me that! If I had not pre paid for this room I would have LEFT. We did quickly get our keys and into the room and that's when the horrible night began. I had been driving for 5 hours and I and the 2 teenage girls (daughter & neice) were just ready to shower and go to bed. However after seeing there was a large window uncovered in the bathroom AND the condition of the tub shower area we decided we would just GO TO BED. I slept closed to the door in case there was a problem and my bed was broken! I had to put the broken peices back together and place them back on the bed frame so that I could sleep without the bed sinking. The room looked as if it had not been cleaned in years though the sheets did seem clean. We checked in about 10 minutes until 11pm and were very hungry, but to my surprise EVERYTHING closed at 11 so no food either, I refused to venture back out! Trying to settle in and just sleep was impossible with the neighbors we had, they were up til about 3 am yelling, laughing, banging, screaming and I am assuming drinking.. you would think they would have slep late due to being up til 3 am but NO they were up bright and early at 6 am banging around and slamming the door. This is the only time I got SOME sleep as we cheked out at 8 am. I will NEVER tell anyone to stay here not even for ONE NIGHT! I would rather pay extra and stay in a clean & safe HOTEL! My girls were scared all night and could not rest either as the door latch and NOTHING to latch on to. This was our first trip to NJ & NY and if we ever do come back I promise you we wont be staying here!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Tapestrys30

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area.

1) Maintenance staff was notified of the broken bed and door latch in the room assigned to you and authorized to fix them. They were also instructed to see to a proper covering for the window in the bathroom.

2) Management received additional training in their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests and keep noise levels at proper levels.

Reviewed June 10, 2010

This is by FAR the worst places Ive ever stayed at... If it wasnt late n hopeless to look anymore in that area, Id had left right away.
One thing for sure, will never ever return n will be very cautious about any days inn in the future.
Dirty, smelly, ugly, unsafe... Cant find anything positive to say...
Stay away....

1  Thank Brad19406

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area.

1) Cleaning staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Security staff was made aware of your complaint that you felt unsafe.

I hope that the next time you stay in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Edison. I think you will be very pleased.

Reviewed January 3, 2010

Stayed in this hotel while visiting family in NJ. Room wasn't clean at all, cigarette holes everywhere on the covers and bedsheets. Carpet was very dirty, looked like it had never been cleaned. Noise was awful ! Place from hell!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Canadian97

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area. I hope you had a wonderful time visiting with your family.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Management received additional training concerning their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember their responsibility to treat their fellow guests respectfully and keep the noise level down.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness which they are required to keep as our employees.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 15 in Edison
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Been to Global Inn? Share your experiences!