“Quintessential Jersey diner experience”
Review of Menlo Park Diner

Menlo Park Diner
Ranked #33 of 275 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neshanic Station, New Jersey
“Quintessential Jersey diner experience”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I went here last week after not having been in about 5 years and was not disappointed. The place has not changed much -- if at all. It's a very typical Jersey diner. It has quintessential old-style decor, a humongous menu, friendly staff, a large eating area, bakery treats to choose from, and great deals. I went with a large group -- 12 people -- and we were seated promptly with friendly, great service from people who didn't seem annoyed at all that we were a large group with mostly just lunch/sandwich orders.

The food is good, typical, large portioned, and includes some great deals. Many of us opted for the lunch specials, which include your soda, salad or soup, bread, meal, and dessert -- all for $9-12. Great deal. I had the gyro platter and it was very good. In general, everyone was pleased with their meals and enamored with the huge portions. I think every single one of us took some portion of the meal home. The only complaint was that the desserts (the free ones that came with the specials) were a bit underwhelming. People had ice cream, brownies, and cookies, and no one was thrilled with them. But seriously, it was a very good deal and we were all pleased. Wee'll go back.

• Visited June 2014

Little Ferry, New Jersey
“Love the style”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I love the styling of this diner, the retro feel on the outside is continued inside. Menu is standard diner food. Waitress was polite and food came quick, tasty and filling (onion rings were cold but still tasty!)
I put money in the jukebox but after 1 of my 3 plays it stopped and just stole my money. Also had a game of mrs PAC man in the lobby. Nice place

Cumming, Georgia
“Great Diner Food”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Believe it or not, I have been going to the Menlo Park Diner for over 40 years. In the early 70's i lived around the corner and the food was great.

40 years later the diner is clean, the staff is friendly and the food is perfect diner food. Amazing selections, great desserts and cakes, just what you want from a roadside diner.

Located just outside the Menlo Park Shopping center on Rt 1, any time I am in the area, the Menlo Park Diner is a necessity.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bialy30041
Pennsylvania
“Good, basic food. A little pricey”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had brunch and dinner here while in the area for a work project. Close to the site our first venture and the only place open the other night (finished around midnight). Portions are a little overwhelming, but everything tasted good except for the mixed vegetables which were cold and had a "freezer" taste. My gyro had sour cream and not traditional taziki sauce (a disappointment). Lots of options.. Both times, we had attentive and personable servers. We thought the prices a little high. Decor is the usual chrome and mirrors, ala art deco. Pleasant enough. The dessert case had some amazing selections but we passed them by.

• Visited May 2014
Edison, New Jersey
“Good Food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is always fresh and if you ever have a problem the manager on site always takes care of it. All the food is freshly prepared and they have specials every week.

Visited January 2014

Been to Menlo Park Diner? Share your experiences!