“Another Great New Jersey”
Review of Menlo Park Diner

Menlo Park Diner
Ranked #27 of 281 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a typical New Jersey Diner, wonderful food 24 hours a day. What really draws you to this place is that is it's bright chrome exterior, and at night it glows with neon. What a great old throw back and good food also.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Not many left like this one. From the moment you walk in, you think you've gone back in time. We go out of our way to eat here. The menu has everything you'd expect for breakfast-lunch-dinner, and don't forget the pastry case up front. Great service, reasonable princes, terrific food, and no chance you'll go away hungry. When we go east (we're from the Southwest) I try out Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches everywhere we go. The Menlo Park Diner has the best one I've found in years of visiting family in northern NJ. This place is hard not to like--it's one of the tops on our list.

1  Thank MontagnardNM
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were visiting from the south and ate here twice during our stay...wow...this is what we are missing in SC...great food and service....go with a hearty appetite because the portions are huge and the price is very reasonable...Matzo ball soup and split pea soup is out of this world. Open 24 hours and you can get anything you want at any time....wish I could take this place home with me. The menus have a huge selection of what you want ...very clean and the "coofeee" was great and I don't usually drink it but the waitress suggested it since it was late at night.
The only thing if you are not used to the Jersey attitude you might get put off with the hurry up attitude but it in no way puts a damper on the whole experience.....love this place

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Used our GPS to find something not far off of the NJ Turnpike traveling South to Philadelphia. Found the diner and it was satisfying. Place was very crowded at 12 noon on a Sat. We ordered the challah french toast. I had mine with bacon (they gave me about 7 strips!). My husband had his with fresh strawberries and bananna. Coffee and portions plentiful, average prices. Nothing out of the ordinary but a pleasant experience. Service was good.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is exactly what 99% of NJ diners are like. The seating, wait staff, menu, and food quality are exactly what you would expect from a diner in NJ. The pancakes, eggs, and hash browns are all solid choices. Prices are reasonable.

Been to Menlo Park Diner? Share your experiences!