“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of SushiO

SushiO
Ranked #35 of 281 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We visit Sushi-O once a week. This restaurant offers fresh, lots of variety, and its byob. The staff is so outgoing and welcoming. It is great for families, couples and/or friends. From the decor to the service and to the great food this place is amazing. We always try different rolls and appetizers and they never dissappoint. The prices are pretty comparable to other sushi restaurants. I have recommended this place to others and some are willing to make a 40 minute drive to eat at Sushi-O. It really is a great place.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Not only is the food the best around. The staff and ambiance is amazing. I dont always eat sushi but when I do irs Sushi-o

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went to SushiO last Sunday (9/14/13) after I saw a friend post pictures of their food in IG. I have always been interested in going, but never had the opportunity. I am very happy that we ate dinner there last Sunday.

The ambience was great. We always go to U-Yee for sushi, and U-Yee's decor is outdated to say the least. SushiO had good decor, the place was clean and it did not smell like through out. The waitstaff was very helpful and attentive as well.

We ordered standard rolls (I am not a fan of crazy rolls with everything but the kitchensink thrown in it), sweet potato, shirmp tempura, california, salmon, and tuna. The sushi was excellent. Let's put this into perspective, we are in a strip mall in Edison, NJ. I for one do not expect mind blowing tuna that one can find in Japan, maybe even high end restaurants in NYC. I was looking for good quality, great tasting sushi at an affordable price, and SushiO definitely satisfied those criteria.

I can definitely see myself coming back again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We go every few weeks for our sushi-fix! The sushi is fresh, they have an extensive menu to choose from and even on busy nights, you're never waiting too long for your order. The service is friendly and they all help out clearing tables. The place itself is a bit small, but there's a decent amount of tables, you can make reservations and there's a sushi bar to sit at if you'd like.
Don't forget to BYOB if you'd like!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Location is easy to overlook, but it comes as a pleasant surprise once you are inside. This place is tiny, but very cozy with nice contemporary design, quiet music and very inviting atmosphere. Service is great and very customer friendly. As for the food - we went for rolls only, and we were not disappointed. I am a huge sushi lover and have been pretty much to every sushi place in the area, but this little place beats most of them. Fresh, innovative, and just enough of everything - rice, fish, veggies. We ordered kids teriyaki chicken and shrimp for our very picky 8 years old, and she ate almost all of it. Prices are very reasonable, we spent a fraction of a price other places would charge for similar rolls.

Been to SushiO? Share your experiences!