“Bigger then life deli”

Harold's New York Deli Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 281 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Wow
Imagine a 2' high corn beef sandwich made with outstanding New York style corn beef, the best pickle bar ever, fast and friendly service and you know you are at Harold's.
The sandwiches, of course, are made to share and then some.
Don't follow your GPS, I drove past it twice until I found the entrance.

1  Thank Gene L

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My friend and I were on our way to visit the Smithsonian in Washington, and had looked on line to plan a lunch stop, where we saw Harold's New York Deli and thought a quick stop for a deli sandwich would be better than the fast food available in a highway service area. What a surprise!
It was further from the highway than expected, and located in the Edison Hotel, but the thing we did not expect at all is that it is clearly designed to be a unique "destination" restaurant with a gimmick- gigantic serving sizes. The sandwiches come in two sizes- for $20-$30 or so you can feed three or four people, and for $35 to over $50 you can feed maybe six to eight! The deli style food may be exceptionally good, but since we wanted individual portions the only things on the menu were burgers or hot dogs (and it turned out we should have split one of those!). People around us were raving about the pastrami, corned beef, and blintzes, and if we are ever back in the area with a six or eight friends we would love to try them.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

A real Deli like the old days, except everything is bigger than you remember it to be. This may be the only restaurant anywhere where you cannot possibly eat alone -- and finish a sandwich. Fortunately, the free pickle bar also has free rye bread, so you can make four or five sandwiches from the one they serve you. My wife went with friends and had a BLT. The leftovers she brought home feed us both for two more meals. The quality of the food and the service are also excellent.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Those who know Harold's know the abundance of food that makes up each order. This is a must try for first timers. Look past the size of the portions (go ahead and share) and focus on the quality. All sandwiches are top notch. The pickle bar is awesome. The sides are a must. In looking at the menu, it is actually more diverse than I thought and other dinner dishes probably worth it if for some reason you don't want the eat the best corned beef, pastrami, turkey, brisket or salami you ever ate. I finished my corned beef sandwich and had no room for desert but others in my party raved about the ice cream. Biggest drawback-Huge piece of cake only worth it for the entertainment value of the size. There are certain times that bigger is not better.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Huge portions are the key, here -- sandwiches that could feed three people -- made it hard to order what you wanted, because who needs that much food? One potato pancake filled the plate -- a bit too thick, not my favorite preparation. Borscht was OK but not outstanding. Pickle bar was very good and included. Even the sodas are oversize. Take some friends and share, share, share.

1  Thank EagleEyeBoston