“Another fabulous Lunch”

Harold's New York Deli Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 277 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is not my first review of Harolds, and hopefully wont be the last, but I wanted to write again because the food and service get better and better, if that was possible. This time we ordered a pastrami, turkey and corn beef club sandwich. I cannot tell you how delicious it was. The meat is so fresh, the rye bread is delicious, the service is fabulous - what more is there to say? My cousins got 2 milkshakes, and they got to-go cups, as they were still drinking their shakes when we were done our meals. We were with a lot of relatives, and we ordered blintzes, potato knish, kasha, a vegetable-burger, and beef ribs. Just can't say how great everything was. Can't wait to get back there.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Harold's is located in the Edison Hotel. If you are really, really in need of food, this is the place to go, but bring your credit card. If you have at least 4 people, please agree to share the same meal(family style) then the price is reasonably. The sandwiches have more meat in them then most stores. I split a hero and still could eat it all. It's an experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were 7 cousins looking for somewhere for lunch and no one knew the area so we found Harold's online and off we went having no idea what we were in for. Finding Harold's is the first challenge. It's really nowhere—near a few large hotels and convention center surrounded by little else. It's in a large parking lot behind the hotels on a divided highway. We drove back and forth a few times before figuring out how to get to the entrance (Exit for Rahway Center). Next challenge is dealing with portions. Our waitress provided very helpful guidance. Four of us shared one large pastrami sandwich and there was still plenty to take home. Clearly Harold's reputation has grown from "overdoing" everything but the food is good and the overflowing plates lead to a lot of laughter. There are too few Jewish delis left so it was a treat to find this one.

Wouldn't do this often as the excess would bother my social conscience. The excess does seem a bit much but it was fun.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The amount of food you get is insane! You MUST plan on 2-4 people sharing a sandwich. If you even want to think about dessert, then only order 1 for the table.
PS. Have your camera handy so you can take photos. It's the only people will understand what you're talking about!!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

It is hysterical to read some of the negative reviews of this place. The service is great, the food is great. Come here, order your food, enjoy it, don't be a pain in the @$$, take your leftovers home and enjoy them for the next couple days! I will travel over an hour and a half to come to Harolds any day, anytime. I love this place. I love Harolds old fashioned Jewish staples. They make so many Jewish soul food dishes that hit the spot perfectly. I LOVE this place and will recommend it to anyone.