“Not to be missed!”

Harold's New York Deli Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 267 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Usa
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The portions are HUGE...be prepared to share or to take away a sizable portion. It is a unique experience not to be missed if you are in the area.

Visited November 2012

Metuchen, New Jersey
“My mouth is watering to go back for more”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place is fantastic, especially if you like Jewish-style corned beef or pastrami. The sandwiches are so huge that you'll be able to share one. The pickle and other relishes bar is a help yourself deal, but save room (if you can) for desert. It is not only delicious, but HUGE. Order one dessert and share it. The servers are used to this and you'll probably go home with a doggie bag. And if you like sour pickles, this is the place to have them. Expensive. But well worth the food and experience.

Visited September 2012
NY
“Large portions but still good deal”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Been coming here for the past decade for pastrami, roast beef, or corned beef, always with the au jous.

The portions are really big. With my experience, the XL 2meat combo is more than enough for 6 adults with some leftover. The bread/muffins/pickles are all unlimited. It now costs $42 but for me still a good deal to stuff / adults.

I always bring visiting friends and family here just for the wow factor and to prevent them from going to the tourist trap called Carnegie Deli in midtown.

Flemington, New Jersey
“Get Ready for a Mamouth Experience!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The first word that comes to mind when thinking of Harold's is MAMOUTH! This is not a restaurant. This is an experience! If you have never gone, you probably won't believe me when I tell you how big the portions are. You can't imagine. You have to experience it. My sister first took me there a few years ago and my husband and I have been going ever since. Here are some tips. Consult with your friends before going because you will want to share your sandwich. I split one sandwich between 3 friends. You pick your meat then head to the pickle/bread bar. There they have different types of pickles, a delicious healthy coleslaw type salad and breads. You fill one plate with bread for sharing and one plate with your choice of salads. When your sandwich is brought to your table you will know what I am talking about. Oh, how I wish I could see your faces when you first experience this! And oh, the dessert cakes are about 9-12 inches high! No kidding. I have never gotten past my main course but I keep telling myself that one day I am going there just to try one of those desserts. The cookies alone would fill up a normal dinner plate! Go. Go. Go. You won't be disappointed. But remember - go ready to eat! Oh and it's not free standing. It's in the back of a hotel. Just enter the parking lot by the Harold's sign and go around to the back. Mangia!!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Theresa M
Big Lake, Minnesota
“Never been to a place like this...”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was once again drawn to this restaurant by the Tripadvisor reviews. In spite of reading the reviews, I didn't realize what I was getting into. My friend and I split a two meat sandwich, plus a cheese cake and almost went into a food coma. The sandwich and dessert could have easily served three hungry people. A sandwich starts around $24 but I have never ever seen anything like it. You will be amazed at the size of the portions, but you will be equally amazed at the quality of the product they serve. The pickle bar is a nice touch, plenty of different types of pickles to try, the house salad was delicious. Service was attentive. I don't get to this area very often, but if I do I will visit again. Come hungry and leave with leftovers. You really need to check this place out.

• Visited January 2013