“Good business hotel in the heart of New Jersey”

Crowne Plaza Edison
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Good business hotel in the heart of New Jersey”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at Edison, NJ for a business trip and found the hotel to be perfect for business travelers on medium budget. The rooms are compact but have all that's needed for basic stay. Service was decent and the breakfast was good.. The bar in the ground floor has good collection of beers and have good quality vegetarian food as well.. All in all a good experience..

Room Tip: Vegetarian food options are available..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Greetings Punit,

thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Edison. We are proud to be one of the very few suburban hotels that offer a manned omelette station Tuesday-Friday mornings. Our chef has also studied internationally and masters a wide variety of cuisines.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay here, hope to see you again!

jlin@menlohotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Middletown, New York, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed there a night or two every week for the past 4 or 5 weeks for business. I always enjoy staying at this hotel because the rooms are clean and spacious. The customer service is always excellent, my first night there was a credit card issue and the evening supervisor Beverly help clear it up very nicely. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello again Denise,

thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I have passed on your message to Beverly and she was smiling from cheek to cheek. Enjoy the rest of your stay this week!

Boston, MA
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights while in town for a lacrosse tournament at Rutgers. The property is not within walking distance of anything. It's in a commercial area. We checked in late and the night manager was very professional and service oriented. However, can't say that or the rest of the team. Seven requests and assurances later- and a conversation with the GM- finally got us the cot we had requested when we made the reservation and had been assured numerous times it was on its way up to the room- at 11pm the second night. Not the best experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Lori,

No excuses for the length of time it took the staff to place an additional cot into your guest room. We were not prepared for the number of requests for cots due to the tournament, and that was an oversight on our part. We will look to purchase more cots so this issue will not happen a second time.

There is a diner and a couple of laid-back eateries within half a mile of the restaurant. If you do choose to return again you can request for our shuttle to take you to nearby destinations such as the Menlo Park Mall, where there is the Rainforest Cafe, a popular restaurant for kids.

Again, not acceptable it took an excessive amount of time to honor your request, if you shall return again please feel free to contact me and I will oversee your reservation.

South River, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed in the Presidential Suite on the night before and after my wedding. When I tried to check in, I was told there was no credit card on file for the suite although I had arranged this many months prior with the sales rep, Eva. Apparently, she was on vacation and they had no paperwork on file to verify. Obviously, someone didn't do their job. On the day of my wedding, I rec'd a call from Maria at the front desk saying that they would "shut everything off" if they didn't get a credit card to charge. I had to run down and try to diffuse the situation. This kind of customer service is reprehensible. On top of that, the room itself was disappointing since the water from the shower head was shooting up into the ceiling, the shower floor was moldy and the toilet didn't work properly. Enough said.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erika K
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Erika,

We discussed your situation at our managers' meeting yesterday and are investigating the details for how the event transpired. Furthermore, we have sent engineering department to examine/repair the bathroom which fell below your expectations.

PS. Glad to hear from the front desk your wedding was a success, and a belated congratulations!

Maryland
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We typically stay with family, so this time we only needed to book a hotel for an overnight stay in the Edison area of New Jersey. My husband took a chance and used and online discount booking service and you don't know where you going to be booked, until it's done. There we stood in our living room with fingers crossed and the return option clicked, because who knew where we were going to be sent...then it showed Crowne Plaza. We both breathed a sigh of relief, as I looked it up online and read some reviews from the faithful TripAdvisor.

As we pulled onto the parking lot, we both realized that it was familiar because friends of ours had their reception here a few years ago. The front desk attendant was pleasant and informed us that they upgraded our room, but I don't know what the difference is - oh well I'll take it. Hmm, haven't figured out what constitutes as the"upgraded room" yet. There's a comfortable king bed, flat screen tv, mini fridge (mini wet bar area minus the alcohol), couch, etc. It's so nice that I decided the family overnighter can wait for next visit. I called the online booking service we used and booked for our remaining time here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frecklechick
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for extending your stay at the Crowne Plaza Edison and we are glad that your mystery hotel booking adventure ended with a good result!

With the exception of our Junior and Presidential Suites, our upgraded rooms are on the 5th floor. The 5th floor is a "quiet zone" with delayed housekeeping hours. These rooms have some additional room features such as granite bathroom floors. Additional amenities include bathrobe, extra bathroom commodity, with complimentary slippers and soda coming soon. The 5th floor also has access to its own business center and concierge lounge that serves complimentary wine/beer/finger food Monday-Thursday 3pm-8pm.

We hope you will return on your next visit to Edison!
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are nice and large. A bonus is the friendly Manager, George Kovacs. We always have a pleasant stay here when we want to visit family in the area. They have a shuttle and can take you to the train station to NY.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FrequentHotel
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your encouragement to the hotel!

I will let George know you appreciated his service, I am sure he will be excited. We do have one of the largest guest rooms in the area at 425 square feet per room!

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I sent an email to Guest Relations at Crown Plaza detailing my disappointing experience at the Edison hotel. I received an automatic email back saying they would respond to my email within 5 days. 12 days later I received a response that said my email was forwarded to the manager at the Edison hotel and I would receive a response from him within 48 hours. It has now been 6 days and I have not heard a word. I have sent yet another email to the original response indicating this and have yet to hear back. Despite the claim of Crowne Plaza that their customers are of the upmost importance, they must not really believe that, or their customer service would not be so poor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greetings CADTraveller,

Thank you for voicing your concern with the hotel as we are always looking for ways to improve. We believe your issue had been resolved a few weeks ago and we are sorry of the inconvenience that it had caused you.

We hope you will forgive us and return for another stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield
Red Roof Inn Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#8 of 15 in Edison
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Been to Crowne Plaza Edison? Share your experiences!