“Large Spacious rooms and room amenities!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Edison

Crowne Plaza Edison
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Austin, TX
“Large Spacious rooms and room amenities!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here on the recommendation of my client and was pleasantly surprised at the room assigned - it was HUGE, comfortable, and well laid out. The bathroom amenities (shampoo, soaps, etc.) were luxe, and in the main room, there was more than enough space to lay out suitcase, laptop bag, etc.

Bed was comfy, chairs were nice, and there were enough plugs to let everything charge easily (no crawling behind nightstands or under desks to access plugs.)

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I noticed the next morning that there was a newspaper outside of every other room, which is why the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hi Mary,

Very glad you enjoyed your stay with the hotel! Our new bathroom amenities package has indeed received positive reviews from the guests; our standard guest rooms are 408 square feet.

Thank you for staying with us and posting your recommendation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable but everything else was... just average. The front desk staff were confused by questions about local restaurants and things to do in the area. The wedding party next door however, must have enjoyed their room as they were loud and annoying until 4am.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Greetings Tim,

We are disappointed that we were not able to deliver an excellent experience during your stay. We are working diligently to improve our front desk's service quality, and we hope you will return again to see the difference. As to the noise from the your next door neighbor, we do have security at the hotel on weekend nights. If you do decide to return again, please feel free to call the front desk, and our security will address the noise complaint.

Thank you for the review and hope to see you again.
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Average rooms, lacking customer service - restaurant on site...ehhhh, probably the same review as the hotel..average...and lacking. Good location, close to major highways. I dunno, Crown Plazas, in the past few years overall seem to be lacking. They are certainly not top star establishments and focus on appearances rather than customer service. Staff needs more training and need to appear they are busy, even when not. Also very unprofessional, laughing and goofing around in lobby as well as talking on cells.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for an insightful feedback.

Agree with you 100% customer service should be hotel's focal point as we are diligently providing continuous training with our staff to exceed our guests' expectations.

We hope you will give us another try in the future to see the difference.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my second long-term stay at this property. I stayed in early December 2012 for a two-week period and again at the end of April 2013, for 10-days. This hotel is as perfect for the business traveler as it is for couples or families. On both visits, I noticed airline crews and many business people in the hotel restaurant. The hotel changes somewhat on the weekend, as they often host weddings or formal dances during the weekend. I checked in late on a Friday when the dance was finishing up. There were a lot of high school/early college age guests in the lobby at the time of my check-in. I was assured that quiet would be enforced at 11pm. The hotel rooms are so well constructed that I doubt I would have been disturbed even if the partying continued into the wee hours. In the 24 nights I have spent in the hotel, I was never disturbed by noise coming from another room, the hallway, or the street outside. The rooms are large and well kept, with comfortable beds, pillows, and quality linens.

I appreciate the free secure WIFI. They also have at least two business centers that I visited (in the lobby and on the fifth floor) where I could use their computer and printer. I signed up for their (free) Priority Club back in December, which entitled me to complimentary breakfast and happy hour each day. They offer a full breakfast buffet (eggs, bacon/sausage, bagels, toast, muffins, fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries, etc.), but it took me a while to figure out I could also ask for a menu. They sometimes have pancakes or French toast on the buffet, but I could order items like that from the menu, prepared fresh on any day I pleased.

They have a small fitness center, with which I have an issue. They have cleaning wipes in a dispenser on the wall. These wipes are dried out and useless. I mentioned this to the front desk manager when I checked out this month, so they could correct this problem. Hopefully, they will at least place a bottle of spray cleaner in the fitness center so that guests can wipe the sweat off the cardio machines. I was happy to see a water cooler in the fitness center, as well as the ubiquitous TV.

The hotel is conveniently located on busy Route 27. I was able to easily drive to nearby towns of Highland Park, Metuchen, and New Brunswick. Shopping near the hotel is convenient -- there is a Costco and a WalMart about a mile from the hotel. I recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there if I am in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the "quiet zone" of the hotel. This wing of the hotel has a sign posted...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank martigold
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for a very detailed review of our services. Feedback on what we do well and what can improve upon are equally helpful. Glad to hear you had joined Priority Club (soon to be renamed IHG Rewards Club), you will enjoy similar benefits in all IHG chain hotels such as the Intercontinental, Hotel Indigo, and Holiday Inn. Apologies on the inconvenience caused by the cleaning wipes, we will most certainly address it.

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza and we hope to see you again soon!
Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Old hotel with lousy service. Room is large however old and lack of maintenance. Service at front desk and restaurant was not good. Overall it was not up to crowne plaza standard. Just one night stay and would not come back for sure.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We are extremely apologetic that we had not reached your expectations during your stay. I will address your concerns at our staff meeting and re-stress the importance of giving genuine friendly service.

I understand you may not choose our hotel again, but please consider us again on your next trip and we will try our best to deliver a Crowne Plaza experience.
Welland, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel appears to be in decent shape but lacks the customer service attitude and warmth generally but there is always the odd exceptions! Average appointed room that we were assigned on the third floor. A rather busy place during the three days we stayed...I do believe it is because of its convenient location for most amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with King bed since the double beds are small.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Mr. & Mrs. Tsang,

We are glad to hear that you found the location of our hotel convenient, but are sorry that our staff were not able to provide a warm delivery during your stay. Customer service is of absolute priority to our team and I will most certainly relay your message to the team.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you will give us another try to let us impress you.
New Bedford, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel April 3-6,2013 for a billiards expo that was at the convention center. When we arrived the front desk staff was very friendly, and the room was very spacious, neat and clean. We had no problem with housekeeping until the last day. We had to be at the convention center for 9 am so we planned on returning to check out by noon. We got back to the hotel to retrieve our luggage at 11:40. Just enough time to grab our things and get back to the tournament. When we got to our room, the laundry and trash were in the hall outside of the door, where there was clearly a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. To make matters worse, our room key did not work. I had to go to the front desk, and they couldn't understand why the key did not work. They re-isued me a key. When I got up to the room all of our things were moved off of the bed and restroom. There were three of us in the room, and now all of our belongings were grouped together! When we tried asking the maid what time check out was and why our things were touched she could only reply 3 oclock. We said check out is noon, and there was a do not disturb sign on the door. She repeated 3 oclock. Needless to say what should have taken us fifteen minutes to pack, turned into an hour. We ended up missing a very important match at the tournament. I just think housekeeping should know what a "do not disturb" sign means if they are working there! Imagine if we were in the room and they decided to enter....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your compliments on the hotel. We are extremely sorry about the housekeeping incident and will investigate the matter and provide appropriate reinforcement to the housekeeping team. We appreciate you bringing the issue to our attention and hope that we will have the chance to serve you again.