“Just What I Expected”

Crowne Plaza Edison
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Edison
“Just What I Expected”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This property is clean, well maintained, provides excellent parking. Rooms are larger than average and I found everything in working condition. I found the wait staff in the hotel restaurant to be very friendly and attentive -- the property must be very well managed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank for taking the time to write such a positive review about Crowne Plaza Edison. Our staff and management at Crowne Plaza Edison are trying everyday to stay in the Top 25 of all Crowne Plaza's in the US.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel lobby was poorly setup as an obstacle course for you and your luggage to the elevator. The room was large but full of old furniture and not well decorated. There seemed to be plumbing issues because the water kept coming back up in the sink and the toilet. Once again, the Crowne Plaza hotels in NJ are not up to the typical standards of this higher end brand. OH! And I brought a cockroach home with me in my luggage. Disgusting.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are sorry you do not like the lobby furniture.The whole hotel and lobby too, was renovated in the Fall of 2010. The furniture, while new can be described as more traditional and classic in design vs. the new hip and modern furniture.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I showed up to the hotel late after a four hour delayed flight to find they had incorrectly changed my reservation from the 3rd to the 13th. I was planning on staying for two weeks on business. On the next day, I found out they canceled my two week reservation and "weren't sure" if they had a room.
The room they did give me was above the ballroom with techno thumping all night.
The room was dusty and I killed two spiders.
Coffee and Shampoo were never replaced.
Staff is rude and unfriendly and always arguing with each other.
Elevator was broke but no signs put up.
The room service was fast, but SMALL portions and way overpriced. Food was mediocre.
The gym doesn't have a treadmill.
I went to a different hotel because 5 days was more than I could handle. When I checked out the staff was rude and talking under their breath. Don't stay here. It doesn't make you feel at home or comfortable. The only good thing was the HBO.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor. It's above the ballrooms and you'll hear techno thumpin...
1 Thank BusinessTraveler720
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
First let me thank you for taking the time out of your busy travel schedule to write a review. It is only thru positive or other feedback that we can continue to grow as a managment team. Second, from all of the management and staff, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered. Please feel free to contact Greg Harlan, General Manager at gharlan@menlohotels.com or his direct dial phone number at 732-692-1216 to review your issues in more depth. By doing so it will allow us the opportunity to work with the appropriate departments and individuals to resolve any issues for the future.
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was here in May and I had a great experience. I was upgraded to the Executive Floor and enjoyed the lounge, a comfortable room and bed. Last visit, I would have given it a '5.' This time it was different. I was upgraded (which is always appreciated), but the Lounge was closed. No big deal. But, the bed was fairly saggy compared to last time and compared to the Danbury Crowne Plaza where I may have slept in the most comfortable bed ever. I enjoyed a very good room service meal - well cooked, delivered quickly. However, when I ordered a $4.50 side salad I expected more than five forkfuls. My largest frustration came with media. The WiFi was extremely slow, making it challenging to work. And, the television, while a flat screen was very small for an Executive Room, it did not swivel, so I could not move it to face the desk (Hey, I like to watch the Emmys!), and it was not in HD, so everything was extremely fuzzy. So, while the room and hotel was, overall, fine, it was disappointing in many of the "little" ways.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Majorgal
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry we didn't live up to your expectations. It is only thru our guests valued feedback we can continue to grow as a premier hotel. I will bring your concerns to our Chef re: the salad and to our hotel ownership about the TV size being 32 inches and lacking Hi Definition.
new jersey
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff was courteous and Matthew and George were especially helpful. There was always someone willing to help and make sure we had everything we needed. My boyfriend and I are definitely planning to stay again and would recommend the Crowne Plaza to anyone looking for a place to vacation. They didn't have a pool, but we enjoyed our stay immensely! The location is great and the price is really good :)

Room Tip: The King room was very nice and hopefully we will have a chance to experience their Presidential or...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for takling the time to write about your stay at Crowne Plaza Edison. I will communicate this to Matthew and George during our staff meeting. I'm sure they will be thrilled you remembered them!
Shoham, Israel
Reviewed August 16, 2012

After my United Airlines flight from Newark to Tel Aviv was delayed for more than 10 hours and after the hotel to which I had been given a voucher was over booked and after a harrowing experience of being shuttled around from hotel to hotel in the middle of the night I and several fellow passengers ended up at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Edison with a couple of hours to crash. We arrived well after midnight and had to be back at the airport at 4 a.m. The room seemed great (I wish I could have actually enjoyed it) but the reason I'm writing this is to mention Mr. Greg Harlan, the general manager of the hotel, who when he realized that we had no way to get back to the airport on time, drove us himself at 3:30 in the morning! After having been mistreated by the airline and lied to by the original hotel it was truly a pleasure to meet such a kind, caring, considerate person as Mr. Harlan who had absolutely no obligation to go out of his way like this. Thanks Greg! Regards from Israel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nina H
Wendi4701, Manager at Crowne Plaza Edison, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is always tough being a distressed passenger as many hotels within a short distance of the airport tend to fill up quickly. We are glad though that you made it to Crowne Plaza Edison safely, if only for a few hours. That evening, Greg stayed at the property handling incoming distressed passengers all night long and when it was necessary to start returning guests back, so early, he took the responsibility and just did it until the regular shuttle drivers started coming in for work. Hopefully your next trip back will be less eventful.
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

we where very please by this hotel.First of all we needed extra towels so we phoned the front desk,the maid was at our door with towels within 5 minutes then we needed help with the safe,again we had somebody helping us within 5 minutes.The room was very clean,the bed very comfortable and the breafast that was included was very good.We would go back anytime.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I will share your comments with all our staff.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield
Red Roof Inn Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#8 of 15 in Edison
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Been to Crowne Plaza Edison? Share your experiences!