“Nice view with terrase on the hudson river, but need 25' bus to go NY downtown” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Edgewater
Flowery Branch, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We booked this hotel because it was among the cheapest we could find around NY on a week end but still it was well above 100.
The hotel rooms are usual for this hotel class as well the breakfeast. But what a view if you take your bereakfast on the terrase behind the hotel. It is just on the Hudson river and you won't find any charming from this hotel that this moment with the morning sun on NY buildings and the vuew of an hold boat giving an old timer atmosphere.
Be aware that you need 25 to 30' to go downtown to Porth Authority bus station with bus 158. It cost $4,25 one way which needs to be budgeted when travelling in family.
Doesn' get better stars because of the overall price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JlGdu37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I enjoyed staying at the hotel my children just adored the housekeeping supervisor April. She always had a smile on her face every time we saw her. She helped us out tremendously on where to go and how to get to our destinations as well as our room. Front desk staff were good as well, Diana (the front desk clerk) was the only one who was rude and just loved to cut you off as you spoke. The rooms were pretty good for a comfort inn never expected that..Breakfast was amazing big plus. Would love to stay again on our next visit. Our kids keep asking for your supervisor, We think they have a crush.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Rented this room for a mini weekend getaway around the Edgewater/Hoboken areas, thought I would up the romantic factor by spending a little bit more for a "junior suite" with "spa tub" and balcony with view of the Hudson River. When we walked into the room, it was just OK at first, nothing impressive and definitely not appropriate for the price (regular hotel room with unimpressive balcony, parts of which are old and falling apart, and definitely no privacy, spa tub was for one). The word "suite" is definitely misleading here. But we can live with all of this -- we were just crashing here after our date night around one of our favorite areas in NJ.

But then...

We were woken up at around 8:30am by loud vacuums/conversation from housekeeping just outside our door. We laid around for a while and couldn't believe how much noise they were making so early. Fine, whatever. We had brunch reservations at 11:00 so we got up to get ready a little bit early. It was nearly impossible to shower as the water kept alternating extreme hot then cold then normal then boiling hot again. This was so painful and uncomfortable that we could only wash off when the normal temperature water was on, but when the hot or cold came, move away from the stream. Totally inconvenient and uncomfortable experience. The last straw was when we noticed ants coming in through the balcony door, and two or three (that we could see) crawling around in the bed sheets. Totally unacceptable.

We rarely complain about anything and are very easy going, but we needed to alert the front desk staff to these multiple issues. While the single staff member at the front desk was very friendly and apologetic for our room conditions, she was also very busy (taking phone calls, speaking to a line of guests) so we felt that our complaints fell on deaf ears. Hopefully she remembered to let someone know about what we experienced in order to prevent it for the next guests. After the stay that we had, I can say with pretty sound confidence that it won't be us.

Room Tip: Couples - do not pick a junior suite. The "spa tub" only fits one and puts out alternating...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LaurS2014

Travelers are raving about these Edgewater hotels

Waterford, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Recommended by my local business associate I had the pleasure of staying at this fine Hotel located along the Hudson River with an excellent view of the New York City Skyline. I arrived later in the day so I did not have a chance to enjoy the full benefits of this locale which include a walk along the Hudson River on the adjoining Promenade as well as an outside deck overlooking the NYC skyline. I did enjoy a very spacious second floor room with ALL the amenities one would expect from an upper level Comfort Inn. Bed was very comfortable and shower was extremely soothing. Hot breakfast in AM made this worth my trip. Only downside was that this was pricier than I had hoped but I was offered a AAA discount which saved me 10 percent. I would stay here again. Tichiganblues

Room Tip: Second floor rooms offer a better view of the New York City skyline...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tichiganblues
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel mainly for its price as its quite cheap comparing with any other hotel in NJ or NYC,the rooms are spacious,advice: ask for river front view has a balcony.bathrooms need to be renovated but the entire hotel has been renovated,big comfy beds,simple breakfast,free coffee 24/7...the location is close to many stores,cinemas,tjmax etc...close to port imperial to take ferry to NYC..i rented a car which together with the hotel made my stay cheap and comfortable to
Move around (enterprise cars has the cheapest cars for rent)
Staff was extremley helpful!
Also rooms come with empty frigfe and microwave incase u want to eat in the room!
From everything i would say wonderful view and cheap prices for its location!

• Stayed April 2014
Taunton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Staff were very helpful and the room we had was very nice, it was recently updated. The price is very reasonable and includes breakfast. The only negative thing I would have to say is that the walls are thin between the rooms, and unfortunately for us we had four college age night clubbing guys next to us and they came in at 3AM and were up until 5AM laughing and joking around with each other, and guess who didn't sleep that night. I survived because our stay was only for one night, but I'd definitely stay here again. I'd just bring ear plugs next time just in case. If you get a family or older couple next to you you'd been fine, just bad luck for us.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Scamp2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at Comfort Inn, EdgeWater from 25th March to 05th April 2014. On check-in, they blocked some amount from my card for the first week. On the weekend, they blocked the remaining amount for the second week. When I was checking out, they mentioned that they will charge only the laundry and shuttle expenses to my card and that the bill for my stay has already been charged to the card. However, to my surprise, I see that they charged for the entire duration again on the card because they had the card details. They released the amount blocked for the second week, however did not release the amount blocked for the first week, it amounts to approx. 1000 USD. Even after contacting the hotel through e-mail - no response to e-mails and through phone, they have not sorted it out. They assured that they will sort it out and the excess amount blocked will be released, it is not yet released till date - about 20 days now.

Please keep a tab on your card usage by the hotel and do not provide card details, rather swipe the card in front of you.

I am in loss of 1000 USD as of today.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Arul C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewater
Upper West Side
#3 of 6 in Fort Lee
3.5 of 5 stars 288 reviews
Upper West Side
Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway
Days Inn Hotel New York City-Bro...
#398 of 479 in New York City
3.0 of 5 stars 1,684 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!