“excellent hotel,bad experience with easytobook”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Edgewater
Reviewed March 14, 2014

excellent place,great staf,i had a prooblem with easytobook ,i booked a suite and when i arrived they gave a regular room and i had to cancel my booking with easy to book and pay directly to the hotel,and still waiting for easy to book to pay me back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Gamal A

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel various times; I have to say that the hotel has done a great job on their recent renovation. Rooms are great. Even service has improved with all the employees we encountered. We were given great recommendations for restaurants and shopping in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was renovated in 2013 after it was flooded by Hurricane Sandy. The staff was nice, the rooms were nice - the rest of the building is renovated as well, but it's a weird configuration and there is no elevator. The location is good as the bus to NYC is across the street. Many rooms have beautiful views of the Hudson River, NYC, St. John the Divine church and Grant's tomb. But there is also a abandoned ferry boat that has been there for 20 years, and must be full of rats. There is a lot of shopping and restaurants all around, so if you need to pick up something - that is easy enough. All in all, it is a good value and good budget option but it felt strange and I think I'll go somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy K
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great service at check in. I had a problem finding my ID and eyeglass lens had fallen out. The receptionist fixed my lens for me (I couldn't see) and then patiently waited while I found my drivers license which had fallen out into my suitcase. It sounds like no big deal but it was. Her attitude was pure customer service and I was very pleased.

The room was big, comfortable and with a breathtaking view of Manhattan. The room comfort became a big deal the next day when it was snowing and impossible to go out in the evening. I was able to get a dinner at the Trader Joe's across the parking lot and hole up comfortably for the night.

Breakfast service was fine, exactly as expected, but with a bright, pleasant young guy working the room who greeted each guest, offered advice on driving in the snow and made everyone feel welcome.

My business was in NJ and I needed a car. This made this hotel the best option. It was comfortable, clean, with an amazing view and a great staff. Good job overall.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the skyline. If you can't, there is an outdoor patio on the river whic...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel is a great budget option if you'd like to some money while traveling to the n.y.c. area but it could use some improvements. Management and hotel desk employees were nice enough and gave us directions to get around the area. We felt that the grounds over all could use some improvement. The landscaping and parking lot are a bit dumpy looking and are surrounded by abandoned buildings and an abandoned boat. Very strange and kind of sketchy. Also a couple of suggestions for management. Don't rent out the room next to the housekeeping units because it's way too noisy. We heard the washers and dryers all night long and the plumping made a squeaking noise that woke us up at 5 A.M.!!! The noise was unrelenting and we could not get back to sleep. Also The house keeping staff are also not the most respectful. You can hear them talking loudly, playing music and slamming doors all morning long. The hotel also has a problem with stray cats hanging around the premises. We saw a couple of them run into a hole that went under the building!! Gross.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kkmott87
SHANTI S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Hello,

SHANTI SANTIAGO
GM
COMFORT INN
201-943-3131

Reviewed September 27, 2013

While visiting family in the New York New Jersey area, we made reservations at the facility because of it's location which is off the Hudson and not far from family. We arrived late in the evening and I was surprised to see all the stairs inside and out and no ADA access. There's no elevator for this two story facility either.

The room was spacious (rectangular) with up to date cable service but the room itself reminded me of the old infrastructure of this area. Paint peeling in the bathroom area and uneven floors throughout. It might be that way because of flooding as there is a floor drain in the bathroom. The room was acceptable for a nights stay.

Breakfast area was clean and neat with several options of cereal, eggs, toast and a breakfast meat such as sausage or bacon.

As parking is limited in this area I appreciated the free parking; the staff was pleasant. My overall disappointment was the stairs. i don't need ADA facilities but it makes it easier to maneuver bags on ramps verses stairs any day. If you utilize a wheel chair or steps cause you issues, this location would not be on my list.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor; there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Beautiful view of the New York City Skyline. Rooms very clean and the staff was very warm and friendly. Rooms are all completely renovated with refrigerator and microwave. I definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jean g
SHANTI S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Jean,

SHANTI SANTIAGO
GM
COMFORT INN
201-943-3131

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewater
Upper West Side
Upper West Side
Royal Park Hotel
Royal Park Hotel
#384 of 470 in New York City

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!