“Great hotel, nice rooms and wonderful staff”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Edgewater
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I decided to get away but not too far and this hotel was great. Wonderful room on the water with fabulous city views. The room was large and very clean. Breakfast in the morning serves till 10:00am for late risers (like me) and was very plentiful with good choices. When I was a photo journalist I lived sometimes for weeks at a time in hotels all over the globe and I would put this right up there with some of the best 5 stars. I did not go into the city but there is a bus very close that takes you right into the city. I am glad I paid just a little more to have the balcony and view. The wifi worked perfectly and loads of channels on the TV including HBO. I did not hear a sound and the hotel was full, so nice and quiet. I like that they had a lot of choices for restaurants that deliver as the hotel does not have a restaurant. Ordered a small fridge and it was up and cold when I checked.
Oh...and the bed was so comfortable....will definitely go back...

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for the rooms with view and balcony
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank debnyc4477

Reviewed June 21, 2011

This hotel is in an odd location (off the main road in a mall by Trader Joe's) but for the price and proximity to manhattan it is quite a good value. Parking is free and a decent breakfast is included. Internet is free. It was quite close to the Upper West side where we went for a graduation.
There is a bus to NYC right outside and a ferry up the road. We did not end up using them however.
We were quite pleased with our choice.
The room was very nice with a new bathroom and a comfy bed.
It was a bit noisy at night.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LBucci
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Got it recommended by a relative as a cheap alternative to much more expensive hotels in Manhattan. We got a nice river view room.

Despite the clerk saw us coming with a stroller and two heavy suitcases, we got a second floor room and there was no elevator. This was disappointing to start.

The room in general needs a good maintenance, light bulbs not working, electric cables running over the walls and other details. The bathroom had no air extractor.

I would recommend as an alternative if you are coming with a car and plan to drive to Manhattan every day, but would probably stay somewhere else if I decide to stay in Edgewater again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I don't think this hotel is fantastic but it is extremely good value. We stayed for 9 nights, our room was large and bright. It was cleaned regularly.

The breakfast options were good.

We just wanted a place to crash every night. It's not a luxury hotel but you don't pay for that either.

It's an easy five minutes walk from the ferry which took 13 minutes to get to manhattan and it would take 10 minutes to get to times square.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed here last year, It was a so-so visit.... this year it was very different..price went up Quality went way down. there was a smell of cig. smoke on the second floor all the way walking to our no smoking room....
it was noisy during the night...woke up twice. had to call the desk three times before it came to a stop.
It isn't a cheap price hotel..but looks like one now.
It needs a up-date and a good cleaning. I don't mind paying for a good hotel...but it better be clean .....
check it out before you make reservations....

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vs1140
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Upon arrival our first impression was very good until we tried to get some sleep that night. The walls are paper thin and you can hear conversations, tv, etc in the neighbouring rooms like as if everyone was in your room. Public transportation to NYC is slow, unhelpful, difficult to use and expensive! Rooms are way overpriced for the quality - not good value at all!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Christopher was very helpful with questions about transportation to New York City and local restaurants. The breakfast was good, the access to the boardwalk to view the sights from New York City was a great plus. The only problem was no elevator. As always at a Comfort Inn, the pillows were great. We were traveling in a large family group and were treated very well. I would recommend this hotel, but wish they would get an elevator.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewater
Upper West Side
Upper West Side
Royal Park Hotel
Royal Park Hotel
#384 of 470 in New York City

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!