“There are no signs for this place, but if there were they'd say "Turn Back Now!"”
Review of The Crab House - CLOSED

The Crab House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

First, it was more aligned with an Appleby's that the upscale restaurant I was expecting. It was very difficult to find because it is tucked away in the back of a strip mall with no signs and impossible to see from the road. The small lot was filled to capacity on a Saturday night--so it would be a busy night.

I guess to cut costs they had one bartender on for the entire bar. Which made it tough to get a drink or a check without losing your patience.

Then they had two servers for the dining area. So while I say the service was beyond awful-- our waitress was doing the best job she could.

Our appetizers arrived after a very long wait. Anything that was hot came with that "I've been standing on the counter for 15 minutes" film. The waitress forgot to put in my day's appetizer. So his came 5-10 minutes after our appetizer plates were taken. The entrees came at an even slower pace. With a similar film and cold. Two in our party ordered steaks medium that came out dry, leathery and burned. What was the point of sending anything back? It was hopeless.

My mom did send back a leathery freezer burned lobster tail and then a dish of raw oysters. Neither are things I would have ordered from this restaurant. I got a cold and inedible grilled seafood platter. (37.00)

It was a birthday dinner for me so we had more patience that usual because we err enjoying the company. But the food was a punishment (as was the bill..)

There are a million great places in the area DO NOT go here!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This mostly seafood restaurant is really delicious, however with the word "crab" in the name there should be crab legs of every variety. We thought it quite odd that crab legs could only be ordered in the bar area. Why aren't they served in the dining room where patrons can enjoy in comfort?

Reviewed February 3, 2013

A tad pricey but the food and service was very good. The 2 trays of clams on the halfshell were delicious. I'm not big on seafood so I had fish and chips and it was excellent. My wife had crab, avacado and mango and told me it was great.
All that and a beautiful view.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We go to this place fairly regularly and it rarely disappoints. The seafood is very fresh and the portions are decent. There are several different areas you can sit with different views, but it's got a view of the city that is wonderful and for boatwatching, it can't be beat. It's in a shopping center, but a bit removed from the stores and on the water. The crab dip is amazing although there's never enough bread and also the mussels.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

service was ok, food was good. Great appetizers. We go regularly with a bunch of women. we love the atmosphere,laid back no one rushes you. service is good.