“Mahi Mahi fish sandwich very salty - Chef says because fish came in salty” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crab House

The Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 85 Restaurants in Edgewater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Piermont, New York
“Mahi Mahi fish sandwich very salty - Chef says because fish came in salty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Ate at the Crab House for lunch on Thursday July 12. Ordered the Crab Dip and the fish sandwich which I shared with my wife. The Crab Dip was okay nothing spectacular. The fish sandwich was Mahi Mahi and upon our first bite, we asked the fish be returned because it was very salty. The waitress brought us another sandwich and that one was salt free. Apparantly the Chef indicated that the fish came in to the restaurant very salty. What she didn't tell us that he probably salted it alot preparing it. Anyway, who ever heard of a fish being salty. They're caught in salt water. This is the second time we've been to this restaurant and both times we've had to return a dish for one reason or another. Won't be back.

• Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Port ST
“July 4th DISASTER”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went to the Crab House on July 4th and sat on the patio facing the Hudson. Beautiful view. We waited 35 minutes before someone acknowledged us. Granted, it was a busy day, but at least have a bus person bring us water. It was 90 degrees out! Then a waitress spills drinks all over two of us at the table, and they basically did nothing to compensated. The continued to stack indoor tables outside and overcrowd the area. The manager in this establishment was poor, and clearly stepping over the line in terms of safety. Food was ok. It took forever to get the food once we placed out order, and we had to ask our server many times over for the same thing. Because of the view, I would return to see if the service and food quality was any better on a non holiday.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NJ
“Slowest Service Ever! Will not return.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Made a reservation for 5 to have lunch at the Crab House. Though the place was not crowded at all, still had to wait to be seated, and once seated waited for our slow, yet friendly, waitress to come over to introduce herself, waited for her to come get our appsand drink orders, waited for water, waited for hard bread ... waited to be told we could not order the special she told us we could (almost 10 minutes after we thought our food was being made already). Once food arrived ... shrimp cocktail that didn't taste too fresh, fried calamari that was somewhat soggy, shrimp and pasta that was bland and really oily, steamed crab legs that were oversteamed, they bent instead of cracking ... NOT IMPRESSED. Lunch for 5 cost about $150, and at least 2 of us got sick shortly after. I don't think we'll be returning to the Crab house anytime soon.

1 Thank nickylove
ny
“Not what we had hoped for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have gone to the Crab House before and the quality of food was middling to good. My parents like the idea of the NYC skyline but there are better. Kids don't eat seafood but they have steaks and salads.

I have to reiterate what many have said about the service. Very pleasant server but clearly over her head. Didn't get bread or water till 30 minutes after we ordered despite several reminders. They were out of some specials and some steaks by 7pm on Sunday evening (and then said they had run out of bread as well). Seems that they need some better quantity planning. The server neglected to bring my wife's glass of wine and forgot my father's soup. The third reminder for the wine did result in its delivery to our table. Once we received the entrees we gave up on the soup.

Quality was OK. Nothing was cold but my father and I thought the fish over-cooked. My son was very disappointed about the steak not being available and the salads were uninspired. However, my wife who got the crab, avocado and mango stack was quite satisfied. Do not ask for anything unusual. I asked for potatoes instead of the orzo and got the potatos 20 minutes after the meal at the same time as the check (at this point the service was such a joke we actually timed the potato delivery).

There are better places with better service and similar views of the city. i suggest you check around. Be very wary of going to the Crab House when it is 75% to 100% full.

Nanuet, New York
“Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I must agree with the other reviews that the service is slow. I had to remind the server of my New England Clam Chowder and my 2nd glass of wine I ordered. And it wasn't even crowded. Great views, food was very acceptable and yes a little pricey. Dinner for two was almost $200.00! Wifey was very impress. Oh, yeah be advised you must drive through the Mall parking lot to get there.

1 Thank BIGELKNOWS

Been to The Crab House? Share your experiences!