This is a nice alternate location for New York City tourists; although you are not in the middle of the action, you are close by, with great views and good service. This hotel is on a very busy street (River Road) and is part of a shopping mall with interesting stores and restaurants. It is convenient to Fort Lee, Teterboro Airport, and environs.
Arrival is a bit tricky if you are driving: you have to go up the driveway, circle through the mall, and come around the other side. Once you've mastered the approach it's easy, and parking in the enclosed garage or mall is free.
Lots of PROS to report here: Check-in was very easy and professional. The king-size bed was extremely comfortable, with excellent linens & pillows. Great views up and down the Hudson River. Nicely furnished suites, with near-fully functional and equipped kitchen, hide-a-bed couch and table grouping, 32-inch standard (4X3) flatscreen TV, an elaborate clock-radio, two telephones- one cordless, iron & board, faux granite bath, separate sink & vanity area, excellent curtains, and a ton of free food opportunities. Their free breakfast, as with the Hampton chain, is excellent, and not to be missed. There was a pleasant gym area, with sauna and large jacuzzi, properly maintained, (although no place to put your towel and stuff except on the floor). Jacuzzi hours were very uncertain: there were three different set of hours posted in different places.
A few CONS: the shower leaked steadily onto the floor, so the bathmat was critical. Door tracks need recaulking. TV reception was quite poor, and the menus somewhat incomprehensible (although there is a player for VHS, DVD and CD, which is handy). It took us almost our entire stay to realize there were two different TV remote controls, and we had the wrong one! Duh. Some instructions would be nice. The rug was quite stained in several areas, and a bulb was burned out in the vanity area. You may think some lights are actually broken at first, but they are simply VERY slow-to-warm-up energy saver bulbs. A little weird, but good for midnight bathroom visits I guess. Another issues is windows wich open fully on upper floors, with no safety guards of any kind. Even the screen was missing from one of ours, and you could see it on the lobby roof below. Might be a serious concern with children.
Rates float around $175-195 (double) for the studio suite. Check Triple-A rates if you can. I was able to get a Saturday one-night stay for $165, ("weekend rate"), which disappeared from the site right after I booked it.
Overall, this is a clean and pleasant place to stay in this area, and an excellent value compared to New York City prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Edgewater-NYC Area is ideally situated on the western banks of the Hudson River, providing spectacular views of and convenient access to Manhattan. Visit our hotel and enjoy full breakfast each morning, evening dinner & drinks, complimentary high-speed internet access, & free on-site parking. Whatever the reason for your visit, relax and keep in shape at our fitness center & sauna. Explore many Edgewater area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Edgewater Hotel Edgewater
- Homewood Suites Edgewater
- Hilton Edgewater
- Homewood Edgewater
- Edgewater Homewood Suites
- Edgewater Hilton