“Good place for New Jersey biz trip”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Edgewater
Reviewed January 23, 2014

You can have a quick shopping and have a quick bite. just around the hotel corner.
Easy to get to Manhattan through Lincoln Tunnel or George Washington Bridge.
It doesn't have a good restaurant for dinner. Too many family travelers.

Room Tip: Ask them for river side view. You can enjoy the Manhattan's night view all night!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Paduas, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Chaery;

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our hotel does not have a restaurant on property however; we do offer a daily complimentary Suite Start breakfast buffet as well as a complimentary Welcome Home Reception dinner Monday through Thursday evenings in our Lodge. Our guests also have the option of utilizing our complimentary shuttle service to dine out at nearby restaurants. We cater to many guests whether on business or family travel and we try our best to ensure their comfort.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to be your first choice when traveling into the area again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Easy access to NJ and NYC. In the immediate area there are many choices for dining and shopping. We love Fleming's Steakhouse which is within walking distance. The hotel was very new and clean. I look forward to our next stay, which will be soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Paduas, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear David S;

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time at our property! I’m so glad that you enjoyed your time here, and we can’t wait to have you visit us again!

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was very please with the room it was very clean nice area and the staff was friendly we slept like babies the bed was very comfortable and very quiet we were like babies sleeping and being pamper this was a beautiful experience we needed especially since my husband is sick and we had just moved I recommend this get away to be experienced

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Paduas, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

I am glad to hear that you felt right at home with us at the Homewood Suites-Edgewater! I have to agree with you that our beds are comfortable; I have stayed at the hotel many times and the mattress and pillows were a treat!!!!!! On behalf of my entire team we send well wishes to your husband and hope he feels better soon. If I can be of assistance for a future visit, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am coming to the end of my round the world trip so wanted to end it in style hence booking NYC. I found this hotel online and after reading the glowing reviews on here, we couldn't wait to stay! However, as my mum is flying in with my brother from London, she had a few questions. I have emailed the hotels main reception and the manager Sandy directly but to no avail.

Slightly disappointing to not even get a reply or out of office. We are therefore now having to consider other options.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Miss_K2008,

Our goal at the Homewood Suites Edgewater is to ensure guest satisfaction and I am sad to hear of your disappointment. I can assure you that all guest inquiries are important to me and my team and we strive to ensure that all emails are answered in a timely matter which you may notice from previous reviews.

I am especially concerned because I have not had any emails come across our inbox requesting assistance with the specifications you have noted. I welcome you to reach out to me via email at sandy.padua@hilton.com and provide me with your contact information so that I can reach out to you to further discuss your needs.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a studio wich had a lovely view of Manhattan .
The staff were verry courteous except for one slightly overweight receptionist who had an attitude.other staff were lovely and added value to the hotel. Breakfast was a disappointment for vegetarians. The service of breakfast was efficient. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Arjunbajaj;

Thank you for your honest review- I want to personally apologize on behalf of the team member that was not courteous to you. Such inappropriate conduct is not a direct reflection of the way we handle our valued guests. I can assure you that will not be an issue moving forward for it is our mission to provide the best in customer service. We work extremely hard in the Food and Beverage area and we are always looking for suggestions for improvement. I would love to hear feedback from you on what you did not care for and/or what you would have preferred to see. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Please feel free to reach out to me before your next stay so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Sincerely;
Sandy Padua-General Manager

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We have to say that this hotel is the BEST in EDGEWATER, NJ!!! We visited the hotel before and it was so great that we had to return. We were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday and the staff made accommodations to let me decorate the room beforehand which made our stay that much more special. Thank you!

I want to personally thank the GM Paduas and Diana at the front desk for ALL of their help!!

WE WILL DEFINITELY VISIT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

Room Tip: All you have to do is ask the front desk about a room with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lolocaliz;

Happy Belated Birthday to your boyfriend and thanks for choosing us to share in the celebration. We were happy to be a part of it and appreciate the wonderful feedback. We look forward to your next visit!

See you soon!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I frequently stay at this homewood suites in edgewater NJ, and have to say, hands down, the friendliest most helpful staff of any hotel I have frequented. The price is right, the views of Manhatten are great, the accommodations are always clean, fresh, and everything is in working order. If you have business in northern NJ or Manhatten, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Robert M.,

It was a great pleasure reading your complimenting feedback on your stay. It's always helpful when our guest take time to let us know about their stay so as we continue to strive for "Service Excellence". Thanks for the favorable comments and we are looking forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Sandy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewater
Courtyard Edgewater NYC Area
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 4 in Edgewater
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area? Share your experiences!