“Great hotel!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Edgewater
Reviewed November 2, 2013

great fitness center! Has everything you need. Great breakfast! When writing this review I am required to have a minimum of 200 characters however there is no "character counter" to monitor how many I currently have... Also I have just spent the last 4 screens answering the questions that THIS screen is asking... Why do I have to re-review your hotel?

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Paduas, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Colin:

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered when writing your review. I know how frustrating technology can get at times and really appreciate you taking the time to assist us by posting your review. Comments from our guests are very important to us and we are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return in the future.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here long term and it was an absolute pleasure. Honestly I think there is a competition between the staff as to who can provide the best service as they practically trip over themselves to be sure your stay is as perfect as it can be. The rooms are well appointed and very clean but don't be alarmed that the cleaning staff always seems to be smiling. If you're in the mood to stay close for shopping or dining you simply can't pick a better place with all the options surrounding the hotel. The parking is free and if you walk to the end of the shopping center you will find a small river walk that has benches and a little park area to enjoy during the day or night when you're not in the mood to be in the city but to simply view the Manhattan skyline.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rich G

Dear Rich;

Thanks for the great comments about our staff. We have a group of wonderful team members who know the meaning of hospitality. We pride ourselves in making every guest feel like they are at home. We appreciate all feedback from our guests.

Thanks again for the wonderful review and see you on your next visit!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel is super clean. The staff is very helpful. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which was always hot and delicious. The parking is complimentary as well which is a big plus. There is a shuttle that can take you to the ferry to get to NYC, I wish I knew about it. I really enjoyed my stay. There is a plaza on the other side of the hotel with many shops. I will definitely stay there again. This is my first time leaving a review, this hotel was excellent.

3  Thank Ricardo M
Paduas, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Ricardo;

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!! We value the input from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. If we can assist you with any future visits to Edgewater please contact us. Again thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed at this property couple of times for an extended stay. I loved it!! Especially this property is situated in nice located, easy commute to NYC and a big city shopping mall is few inches by and the rooms are very clean.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vtttt

Thank you for your review of your stay with us in January. I am very pleased to hear that you are a repeat guest and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our Trip Advisor community. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward "welcoming you home" on your next trip.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The homewood suites edgewater is a fantastic place to stay, its close to New York, just a short ferry or bus ride, and a lovely, quiet area. The staff are ultra helpful, and so very knowledgeable. The shuttle bus to the ferry is great too, and the food and conveniences are all superb. Highly recommeded, I want to stay again!

2  Thank Ste M

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback from our guests! Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you as our repeat guest in the very near future.

Warm Regards! Sandy Padua

Reviewed October 28, 2013

amazing staff, great location to use ferry to cross manhattan. Shuttle available to ferry. Clean rooms, clean hotel. Staff very helpful with questions, and being a hilton member made you feel very important. Would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard R
Paduas, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Richard,

Heartfelt thank you for sharing all your nice comments, I am pleased to hear that the accommodation and service were to your liking. We really appreciate your loyalty to our brand and I want to personally thank you for being a Hilton Honors member! The five star review was an added PLUS! We expect your future stay at our property will be a wonderful recall. Once again we do appreciate your stay and would love to have a pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip to our city.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were really impressed with the excellent (!!!) service, free access to the business centre, and the quality of the room. We requested a view of the city and, while I'm sure there were a few better options available, we could still see the skyline at night, which was nice. The free shuttle to the ferry worked out well when we wanted to go into NYC - a much better option than driving in ourselves, for sure! We were there to see a football game at MET stadium and the hotel staff recommended we park at the Homewood Suites hotel near the stadium (free) and take a shuttle service to the stadium. Saved us a $60 cab ride each way, so that advise was really appreciated. Unfortunately, the shops, located right next to the hotel, were all closed on Sunday, which we weren't expecting - something to be aware of if you plan to do some shopping in the area. Finally, the free breakfast was very good. I would definitely go here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting NYC.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer K

Dear Jennifer,

It was a pleasure to read about your stay at our property. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our Trip advisor community. I am sorry that you were unable to shop at the wonderful stores at our adjoining City Place complex. Our county (Bergen) happens to enforce the Blue Law which prohibits the local stores to conduct business on Sunday. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewater
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Edgewater
Manhattan
Edge Hotel
Edge Hotel
#39 of 468 in New York City

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area? Share your experiences!