I had to take two stars off because of noise pollution.
One for the lack of door mechanisms that prevented other guests from allowing their doors to slam shut from wide open and another because the elevator sounded like the gates of hell opening with an excruciating, metal on metal grinding.
I think that the hhonors preference setting for "high floor, away from the elevators" is broken, or maybe there are too many diamond members in circulation. Yet another stay where I was as close as possible to the elevators - in-fact, my bedroom wall adjoined the shaft (oo-err!)
The dining area isn't very large and seemed to be fully occupied each evening, so I didn't bother with it.
Shuttle service was great - highly convenient lift to/from the ferry at port imperial
Great view of the city on the east facing side
Convenient location at the promenade, walking distance to several good (enough) places to eat.
*Actual* high speed internet (for a change) - I think I saw speeds around 400-500 K/sec over wireless.
The noise from the elevators and the noise from the slamming guest suite doors
Large screen TVs in low definition, am I acting spoiled? - It just seems a huge waste to run SDTV on a 46"+ screen, it might as well be 27"
Check-in seemed slow and convoluted - having to provide my driver's license and credit card (which is on file already at hhonors and used to make the booking as it has for the last eight years) - then, just as I thought I was done with the procedure, I then had to put my bags back down again to find the rental car keys for the tag number and then sent back outside in the rain to hang a paper notice on my rearview mirror under threat of the car not being there by next morning otherwise.
To be fair, maintenance were in this morning, repairing the elevator, I guess things happen, but for the first few nights I had thought that the sounds of hell were coming from some outdoor rooftop ducting, so I hadn't asked to move - though that's what the hhonors preferences are supposed to be for.
Also, somehow my reservation was made for a smoking room (possibly the booking agent) - again, my hhonors preferences not only state non-smoking, but that smoking (or lack thereof) is the most important thing to me.
Without noise issues and lack of good sleep consequences, this would have been a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Edgewater-NYC Area is ideally situated on the western banks of the Hudson River, providing spectacular views of and convenient access to Manhattan. Visit our hotel and enjoy full breakfast each morning, evening dinner & drinks, complimentary high-speed internet access, & free on-site parking. Whatever the reason for your visit, relax and keep in shape at our fitness center & sauna. Explore many Edgewater area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Edgewater Hotel Edgewater
- Homewood Suites Edgewater
- Hilton Edgewater
- Homewood Edgewater
- Edgewater Homewood Suites
- Edgewater Hilton