“Great accommodations - very laxed security - please read whole review.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Ewing, New Jersey
“Great accommodations - very laxed security - please read whole review.”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I must say that the Hotel Manager, Ernie, worked very well with my wife and my son's new in-laws with setting up arrangements for his wedding stay. We traveled to the wedding site from the hotel. Reserved 52 rooms and the sunday morning breakfast program set up by Ernie was excellent. I also received a phone call on monday from the managers office that they found one of the envelopes, containing a check from a wedding guest while cleaning a room (we are not sure how that envelope got to the room t was found in, since it was not even on the same floor they stayed). However, the worst part of the whole weekend is that my son's wedding gift from his new wife (a 1000.00 Movado watch) somehow disappeared from his room while we were all at breakfast (he left it on the night stand next to the bed while he was at the breakfast). So, to end a great weekend, we were very disappointed that the watch somehow dissappeared from a locked room and could not be found (the room was cleaned while he was at breakfast). Scary. For this reason, I could not recommend this place for anyone to stay, because of the loss a very expensive item. That's what I mean about the laxed security.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
new york, ny
Reviewed June 17, 2010

When I found out I had to stay at a Holiday Inn, I was dreading it because I figured it would be really terrible. I have to say, I was so pleasantly surprised by this place. It is INCREDIBLY nice and does not even remotely resemble a Holiday Inn! Talk about a hidden gem... I am surprised that the other reviews are not better! The hotel was beautifully decorated, everything was brand new and the inside looked like a $300/night boutique hotel somewhere. They even had towel animals with sunglasses on them on our beds, which I thought was cute - like you would find on a cruise or something! I have stayed at the nearby Courtyard many times and I can tell you that it does not hold a candle to this place. I will definitely be back when I have to stay in the area. The employees were also really nice, especially a younger man working at the front desk last night. He was very helpful. Overall, someone is doing a great job running this place and decorating it!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
JerseyGirl166, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
We are so, so glad that we put an unexpected smile on your face during your stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your enthusiasm and let us know that we hit the mark. Our entire team will continue to work hard to ensure that every guest's stay is as wonderful as yours, and to ensure that your next stay is even better.
tinton falls
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Our company held it's annual awards banquet here in addition to two (2) business meetings. The food and service were outstanding. The catering staff was very professional and accomodating. Their attention to detail, helped make this night a great success. We look forward to holding our future events here, and would recommend this facility for anyone's banquet needs.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
San Clemente, CA
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This is just a basic hotel. It's clean and it seems as though they have updated some things in the room such as the tv. The staff seems nice but very busy trying to check in guests, answer phones etc. There is often only one person alone at the front desk. Others have noted that you can hear doors slamming etc. which is true but it's still not bad but the beds were awful. My husband and I were both waking with aching backs. Not great beds at all. Other than that, if you get a deal it's clean and close to highway.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Fayetteville
Reviewed November 26, 2009

I travel for work on a weekly basis and have stayed in numerous hotel chains all over the country. This Holiday Inn consistently remains one of my favourite places to stay. The personnel are always professionsl, caring, and friendly. The housekeeping, restaurant and front desk personnel are particularly accomodating and always go out of their way to make me feel welcome. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for accomodations in the area I strongly feel that you will be as impressed as I am and will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Stayed here for a night. The hotel is spik and span. Looks brand new. Spacious room and bathroom. Very clean. Breakfast was great - the best I have had in any best-western. The staff are nice and friendly.

There was a problem with the air-conditioner - it was too loud and woke us up more than once in the night.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
sbaby, dc
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Our stay was terrific!!! The Holiday Inn staff provided me with professional and warmth from the very first phone call. They accommodated our group of 30 plus in every way possible. Thanks to (Margot)-Sales Manager and her staff for having everything in place for our arrival.

First of all, when we arrived the pictures on the website that described the rooms and the lobby were identical. So that scored big with our group, and the fact that the rooms were also very spacious. So presentation is everything..........

Second, (Myrtle)-Assistant Manager and her front end staff received our group with smiles, professonalism, and most of all a sense of ugency because we had been on a bus for a number of hours from Virginia. Check-in time was a smooth transition and these ladies were able to handle our bus load right along with the other guests checking out.

Third, the location of the hotel was excellent because it is so convenient to the highways, malls, and major food establishments. Plus the lounge was a big hit, because we had
access to it so we could just go down and unwind with friends before we would decide to retire to our rooms.

There were several different events going in the hotel which allowed my group to meet some very nice and interesting people fo whom we woud have never met anywhere else. We witnessed beautiful weddings, a a couple of family reunions during our 3 days and 2 nghts trip. So again, our group thanks the Holiday Inn and its staff for taking care of each and every one of us while we were residing at this trendy, upbeat, happening, full service hotel.

Thanks Stephanie & Pamela!!!!

• Stayed October 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Neptune

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown? Share your experiences!