“Super comfortable bed”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Wilmington DE
“Super comfortable bed”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Overall this is a nice hotel. The bed, linens, pillows were all just so comfy it was a pleasure to slide into bed. Front desk staff were all pleasant. We were not offered cookies and when I asked about it the next day I was advised they had run out because of all the kids at the hotel. Not sure what that was about. But at that point they had only 1 cookie to offer, but gave us cookies later when we asked again. We did not visit the restaurant but did order room service which was good. The pool is a typical small hotel pool, but was clean and pleasant. I did not use the exercise room, but did take a look and it looked like it was sufficient and maintained. There was some sort of water main break in the county which we had heard something about on Friday evening while we were out. But mid morning Saturday, we were slipped a letter under our door that advised us not to drink from or use the tap from the sink. They also posted signs not to use the ice machines. Naturally I had already been drinking the water, brushing teeth, etc. I inquired at the front desk about the safety of bathing with the water as well as if they planned to offer us bottled water. They explained this was a precautionary measure and they really did not know the implications of using the water. As well, they did not offer any bottled water. Later that day, they did in fact offer bottled drinking water. It was a strange situation, obviously not the fault of the hotel's, but they were a bit late in their notification/response of the issue to their visitors (we learned residents were notified on Friday afternoon by automated phone calls). By the time they told us, and did not offer bottled water, there was no bottled water to be found on the shelves of the stores.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Maui, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2012

During my stay at the Double Tree at Tinton Falls I had a great experience with the front desk help. Especially Kyle Bullock working the late night shift. Even during the middle of the night he went out of his way to ensure I had a great stay. Thanks again! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maui_dude07
Boston, MA
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We booked this at 10:00 p.m. and checked in at 10:30 p.m. Front desk man was not very pleasant, I was aware that it was 10:30 p.m. at night - but could have been a little more personable.. Room was clean and large - we had two queen beds which was a plus, Used the laundry room, which the machine I loaded my clothes in and add the detergent was not working - so had to move my daughter to the next machine... They did send a maintenance man to fix - he was very helpful and gave me my money back.

We went down for the breakfast buffet and i inquired if they had any items on that were Gluten Free, the server at first was not very helpful, but I explained that all I wanted to do was to see the box for any ingredients that could contain gluten. She eventually showed us the box and we were able to enjoy the buffet

We had a great stay! Thank you!

Room Tip: select a room away from elevator - it will be worth the walk
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

My famiIy and I stayed at the DoubleTree for one night in August, which was spectacular. The hotel was very clean and had a young vibe to it. The employees were very nice and welcoming. The location is great because it is 7 minutes from Long Branch which has tons of stores and places to eat along with the great beach. When you get to the hotel ask for the cookies at the front desk. Oh my they are splendid! They are free and are 100% delicious! The rooms in the hotel were very clean and the beds were really comfy. Overall, the DoubleTree was fantastic and very pleasing for my family and I.

• Stayed August 2012
Portland, OR
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hotel itself as far as rooms go are fine.
I found the staff to not be good and would not recommend a large group to stay here.
I did not have a great experience with the front desk staff at check in (very late in the evening) or the morning staff at check out. Feel they need to do some training with the front desk on many things. Mostly just to how make you feel welcome for spending your money in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I spent 1 night at this hotel and were very pleased. The room was nice, the pool was clean and the gym had a nice selection. The doors slammed quite loudly and when other hotel guests return to their rooms, we awoke several times. We did not have time to use the restaurant or bar.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel while visiting NJ a week ago. I stayed with my niece and nephew, who thought that staying at a hotel with a pool was about as great as it gets. Cookie at check-in, and a smile to go with it... Nicole is the definition of customer service. Clean room. Towels delivered promptly when requested. (Room service even brought up plates so that the kids could eat the pizza I had delivered!)

Conveniently located to everything I wanted to do, and a reasonable drive to visit my family in Toms River, this hotel TOTALLY OUTCLASSES any option in between Tinton Falls and Toms River.

All that being said.......there were two minor issues. 1)The outdoor pool wasn't skimmed. I took the kids to the pool and had to skim it myself. I understand that the weather wasn't sunny so they probably thought that no one would be using it.......... but if you have a pool.... and it's the Summer... keep it clean. 2) I asked for a room away from the elevator because I'm a light sleeper. I was 2 doors down from the elevator, next to the ice machine room. Needless to say, I heard every single person on our floor come off the elevator. The kids slept soundly, but I wish I had been well rested to enjoy my time with them more. Could I have asked to be moved? Sure. But it wasn't worth packing and lugging myself and 2 kids to a new room. Next time I will bring earplugs.

I would absolutely stay here next time I'm in town. A+ service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown? Share your experiences!