All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolthe jersey shorethe club loungeasbury parklong branchbeautiful lobbythe general managerwedding guestsbreakfast buffetking roommonmouth mallearly checkcoffee makernew jerseykatbeddingrefrigerator
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I enjoyed the stay here.i stayed 3 rd floor.the room is very clean and neat.
food was very nice but costly.swimming pool was nice.there was no shopping place near by.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. While checking in, the girl did not get my credit card information down correct, and called to harass me in the room to come down to give it to her right. Went up to our room to find two double beds, not the king we had reserved. The same girl at the desk was completely unhelpful and rude about it, and I am fairly certain that she lied that there were 'absolutely no king rooms available' considering it was a tues/weds night and the hotel was fairly empty. So we were stuck with the two beds. The coffee pot in the room did not work, the room was not equipt with a mini fridge or microwave so we were totally dependent on their food service. The maid knocked at 8am to clean the room, I told her to come back in 5mins, she didnt. Went went to the pool came back around 10am, she knocked again while we were changing, asked her to wait one minute, she left again. We came back into the hotel around 3pm to find our room had still not been cleaned, had to call and complain, finally by 5pm it was cleaned. I had left a note asking for extra soap and lotion, got 1 extra lotion but no extra soap. The pool was nice but closed due to rain outside (its a half indoor pool), the hottub was a lukewarm-tub that bubbled for a minute and then stopped, the power of the whole hotel went out for over an hour which left us sitting and bored. All in all it was just onething after another that made us miserable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MadameKF
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The great thing about this place would be the shuttle service. They'll take you anywhere within a 5 mi radius - extra if you're nice to the driver. Almost every night we go to Red Bank, Longbanch, Jersey shore, etc. It means I don't have to rent a car!

Food at JR's is fantastic. Apparently, the chef was just changed over - whoever that is, he/she is doing amazing. Crab cakes, pork chops, lobster bisque are some of our favorites!

The bad: Hotel has definitely seen better days. VERY outdated, but we heard rumors of renovation on the top floor. Our first room smelled of mildrew and I even saw mold on the shower curtain. Asked to be moved immediately. Both the old and new room struggles with LOUD air conditioning. Put it this way: our tv volume is on level 8 when air is off d its on level 31 when air is on. Makes its hard to watch tv always having to adjust the volume. It can wake you up in the middle of the night as well. Free internet is nice - though it has its moments. Sometimes, its painfully slow. Dial up slow. My husband and I both have a laptop and we both experienced this issue. We were here for 2 weeks on business, so internet is important. TV is also lacking - very limited channels.

We'd still stay here though b/c of the great food and the shuttle service. But beware of the little quirks!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank luvlilies
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We often attend the excellent theatre presentations on the campus of Monmouth University and find overnighting at the Sheraton Eatontown preferable to the late night drive to our home near Atlantic City. From the "Welcome back" we get from the desk clerk, Victoria this time ( other times Adrian), we feel like we are family. The rooms are always great and we usually dine before the show. In variably our waitress is Chris who likewise recalls us from past visits. This time she introduced to Chef Sean. Given all this personalized like family treatment and the proximity to the campus and to our favorite church in the area, the hotel has always been the best. This time we were introduced to their new club lounge with the glorious views to the outside and wonderful fireplace with flat screen tv inside. There are cosy gathering spaces and a nice happy hour buffet and complimentary breakfast . We were surprised at the attractiveness of the room itself but not with the friendliness of Angelina who was in charge that night. They all seem to be that way. The best got better.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank noblegl
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I stayed here in January 2010 for a wedding. One night I stayed in a double and the second I stayed in a King Room. The standard double room was adequate but could have used an updating as the wallpaper was peeling in a few places. The King room had been renovated recently and was exceptional. The beds were comfortable in both rooms and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. Both rooms were roomy and adequate for a comfortable night's stay.

The location is excellent if you are a business traveler working on Industrial Way. I live in the area and can recommend a few other hotels that are closer to the shoreline than the Sheraton. Friday and Saturday night offers guests in the bar/lounge karaoke, and the breakfast on the weekend is terrific.

Overall it was a pleasant stay with a very accommodating staff to help make you feel at home.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business