All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolthe jersey shorethe club loungeasbury parklong branchbeautiful lobbythe general managerwedding guestsbreakfast buffetking roommonmouth mallearly checkcoffee makernew jerseykatbeddingrefrigerator
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

The rooms have recently been renovated and are very comfortable. I travel quite a bit for work and see a lot of hotel rooms - these rooms a a good size, clean and have the amenities I look for - coffee maker, mini fridge, complimentary water and comfortable bedding. We were here for a family wedding and the hotel staff was wonderful!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank YOMONOKO
Jenny H, Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and all the amenities we offer. We greatly appreciate your review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2017

My wife, son and I stayed here for for two nights for a wedding in the area because this was the hotel picked out by the bride, who is my niece. We had two rooms booked. We were put in the section of the hotel that apparently did not have renovations completed. It appears everyone who attended the wedding from out of town was put in this section.

Our room was nothing special, and it was dated and definitely needed some work. The doors need paint, and the some of the rooms lacked basic amenities. Our room had a refrigerator, but my son's room did not. The bathroom was nice, and the shower was very good. The king bed appeared to be two twin beds put next to each other, and if you sat at the very end of the bed, the other end of the mattresses would lift! The hotel did not have any vending machines. We were told this was because of the renovations. So I went to the lounge to get a ginger ale. One glass= $3.00.

The lounge closed at 10:30 on a Thursday night, which I understand because it was a week night. The bartender told us that the lounge would be open the next night until 1:30 AM (Saturday). When everyone came back to the hotel from the wedding around 11:30, we tried to meet up in the lounge, but it was already closed.

The next morning, the grooms parents hosted breakfast for everyone who attended the wedding. The breakfast was in the Café, not JR's lounge as we were told, and the food and service were not very good. Many of the guests in our party had to search out the wait staff for water and other services, and the "hot" food was anything but hot. Very disappointed.

I think the worst thing about this stay is what happened to my niece and her new husband. They booked a suite at the hotel to stay after the wedding. They too, were put in the old section. She told me that their room was very cold, and the thermostat appeared to not be working. They could not get the room warmer, and unfortunately, could not use the hot tub and other amenities because of the cold. They had planned on staying another night, but were so upset they just checked out the next day.

I'm not sure why they were not given a newly renovated room. There was a college football team from out of town staying at our hotel, and they apparently had nicer rooms then everyone who came from out of town for the wedding.

I was extremely disappointed in the Sheraton, especially for the price we paid. I have paid less money at other hotels where the facility and service at those hotels put the Sheraton to shame. I would not recommend this hotel until they fully update the hotel and train their staff in providing better customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated section
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
5  Thank John N
Jenny H, Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are very disappointed to hear that you did not completely enjoy your stay, and we would like to take this opportunity to respond to your concerns. When the bride contracted her room block, she did not book renovated rooms. The groups you mentioned did, which is why they had priority over the newly renovated rooms. Unfortunately, we have no notes in our logs regarding the complaints you noted. We would have been happy to assist in any way possible to make your stay better. Also, we have it noted that the bar stayed open to its normal time of 2 AM on Saturday. Again, we sincerely apologize you were not completely satisfied with your stay, but we hope you choose to stay with us when the renovations are complete, as we know we will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

The rooms have been recently renovated with nice flat screen tv's and amazing bed sheets that I slept on. The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating to any questions that I had. Overall I had a great experience staying here and would definitely come here again if the time permits.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo

Thank you! We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

My experience checking in has been amazing. I had the pleasure of working with the two receptionists at the front desk, Essence and Ashley, who ensured all of my needs were met. They made the process of checking in painless and represented the Sheraton with high esteem. I will definitely recommend staying here just of the checking in process alone.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Alexa, knows what she’s doing. Great attitude, very eager to help, & overall just a great person. She made my stay very enjoyable& had no issues bringing me more blankets and pillows! Awesome hotel, comfortable beds.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business