All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolthe jersey shorethe club loungeasbury parklong branchbeautiful lobbythe general managerwedding guestsbreakfast buffetking roommonmouth mallearly checkcoffee makernew jerseykatbeddingrefrigerator
Reviewed November 17, 2005

I was shocked that my husband's business actually booked us at this hotel!The bedside table and writing table was scratched all over(looks as if a wild dog was let loose in the room), waterspots on the ceiling, hair in the bathroom and in the bed, dirty patches on the toilet and waterspots on the stainless steel fixtures in the bathroom, worn-through bedskirts and bedlinen, no ironed pillowcases and linen, one page left on the notepad, penscratches all over the information welcome folder, dirty marks on the walls and broken scratched door and dirty towel, dirty bath......on request at the frontdesk to change the linen and see to the room, the person concerned threw the duvetcover and pillows on the dirty carpet whilst changing the beds, we did take pictures and will present it to the company. I flew back the next day and was not willing to stay another day in such a room. (My husband had no choice since the company booked him there.) On inviting the frontdesk staff to the room to inspect the condition, with a not really caring attitude and a reply of 'the manager will contact you tomorrow' and 'we are fully booked', we are still waiting....we were offered 10%discount or a free breakfast, for the life of me!, we declined the offer, this is about a clean room and management handling a really unhappy guest!

10  Thank goodaccomdation
Reviewed July 31, 2005

My wife and I spent a night at this hotel on July 28th. The room was comfortable, clean and up-to-date. High-speed internet was included and we were upgraded to the Executive Floor. BTW, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank iral5
Reviewed June 5, 2005

Didn't have our room, or the 50 people waiting with me. Breakfast took 50 minutes to get food, our neighbors table who ordered at the same time took 10. And do not try the "signature" apple martini, they are permade with the cheapest vodka and apple martini mix; absolutely horrible.
Never again will I stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2005
6  Thank Odyssey31693
Reviewed April 3, 2005

We have stayed at the Sheraton a number of times for business, only because there was nowhere else to stay. The first time it was ok, but the last few times it really has gone down hill. They always seem to give us the room on the first floor that hasn't been renovated yet. The heat/ac is extremely loud. The last two times we were there which was 6 months apart the jacuzzi wasn't working (which is the only reason we would have returned). There are drunks that hang out in the lobby because the bar is right there. The service stinks, the staff is not helpful at all. They did not care about our troubles. Do yourself a favor and stay at Staybridge which is right next to the Sheraton, its newer and the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank kjzader
Reviewed February 23, 2005

This is a very good hotel. I've stayed here many times when I couldn't get into my regular beachfront motel in Long Branch and they always treated me well. The reviewer who had a problem one night wasn't fair to pan this place like she did.

Anyone who travels a lot knows that things happen all the time even in the best places..The bar is nice here and I would recommend this place to anyone anytime.

Theodore Verde