“Best Wedding Ceremony and Reception Ever”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Union Beach, New Jersey
“Best Wedding Ceremony and Reception Ever”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The overall experience was AWESOME! The outdoor ceremony was held in the gazebo with white chairs set up under white tent tops. The lawns were freshly mowed that morning and the flower beds on either side of the isle were in full bloom. Just beautiful! Everything was very elegant. The food was hot, delicious, and cooked to perfection with plenty of local fresh vegetables. The ambiance in the reception room was velvety romantic with well lit, soft glow lighting. The bartender kept the drinks flowing and there was never a wait. The servers were top notch and seamlessly attentive to every detail and any special requests. The Bride was absolutely gorgeous in the perfect Sheraton setting!

Room Tip: The large corner suite on the top floor for the Bridal Party overlooked the gazebo and outdoor pool...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
byouchah, Corporate Director Internet Marketing at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Kar K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I shared your comments with the staff. We are so pleased to hear you all had such a wonderful time and we were able to play a role in this special day. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is the only SPG property in the area and I think they know that.
The hotel long overdue to be updated. There are no room safes. We never get upgraded here.
SPG recently increased it's points from 3000 per night to 7000. It was a good value at 3000 and a horrible value at 7000.
The room is clean, the bed comfortable.

Room Tip: If eligible, the Club Room for breakfast was very good. They offered complimentary eggs, potatoes...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank drubano
Dear Drubano,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm not sure when the last time you stayed with us was, but our standard rooms have been redeemable for 7,000 points for several years. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Plainfield
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a 2 day conference. There was plenty of parking. The lobby was very nice, clean and modern. When I got off the elevator I was quite impressed until I looked down the hallway and saw the stained carpet. I was in room 510. The first thing that I noticed was that the air conditioning was very noisy to the point where we cut it off. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the TV was large and modern. The furnishings could be updated and the toilet seat was chipped to the point where the wood under the laminate was showing in several spots. The best part of our stay was Tom. Tom took us to the Mall in the shuttle. Tom knew everything, as far as where to eat, drink, beaches, etc. Tom was personable, had a sense of humor and gave myself, and my colleagues information on the hotel and informed us of how Hurricane Sandy affected the hotel. Tom returned to pick us up from the mall promptly and without us having to call. From what I understand, he should have been off duty 30 minutes before he picked us up but chose to sacrifice his time. Tom went the extra mile for us. Thanks Tom, from the “3 stooges”. All in all, I had a peaceful nights sleep. My company paid for the stay so I can't complain. I would prefer a more luxurious environment for a romantic evening but for business it suits my needs.

Dear Kim P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Tom is a wonderful team member and very much appreciates your compliments. It was his pleasure to be of assistance. We hope if travel brings you back to the area we will be welcoming you back.

Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I wanted to take the time to extend my appreciation for allowing our Association to use your facility. While preparing for this event, everyone proved to be an absolute pleasure to work with. We had Coordinators and Advocates attend a state-wide training and all were left with a positive impression with the facility, convenience and how pleasant the staff was.

Dear Nancy F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Everyone on staff is so pleased to hear about the positive experience your association had with us. Your business is very much appreciated. We hope to have you all back in the future.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 26, 2014

we reserved on line and then called the hotel to be sure our reservation was in order. the person on the phone assured us all was good. when we arrived at the hotel two days later, they informed us that the hotel is sold out and they do not have our reservation. upon further investigation,it appeared that our reservation was posted to the wrong date.....two months into the future.

front desk manager was rather rude, discourteous and impatient.

eventually, she magically "found' a room for us but did not want to honor the internet price...we 'discussed' a bit more and she eventually agreed to honor the internet price

room was quite stuffy because the vents are behind the curtains. lock on room door was malfunctioning. we spent the night with a fly buzzing around the room

the linen had stains.

not likely that we would want to return to this hotel

Room Tip: has very noisy in the hall until late at night..on the fourth floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cmonover
Dear cmonover,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear you experienced some issues during the reservation process. Rates vary day to day especially during the busy warm weather months. I have shared your comments to address any outstanding issues. We hope if travels bring you to the area again, you will give us another chance.

Denville, New Jersey
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed for the first time in your property for 2 nights this weekend. Angela at the front desk was very helpful in assisting me with an easy check-in and a few questions I had. On Saturday afternoon, the bartender was very friendly and accomodating. The food & service was top notch! Housekeeping was on point with my requests, and the room was very clean. Overall-- a great experience, and I would recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jspecia21,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and experience with us. Your comments have been shared with the staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Philadelphia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This Sheraton was clean and comfortable with few problems noted. A bedside lamp didn't work and the front desk failed to email my bill (until a phone call several days later) but most everything worked okay and the surroundings were quite pleasant, with nice views. My big disappointment was the club floor upgrade which I accepted at the time of registration. I doubt I would have spent the money had I known that drinks were not included. I've never experienced a cash bar in a club lounge before, but I will certainly ask next time I reserve at a Sheraton. Finding out that a glass of wine was $5 in the bar and $7 in the club lounge during the "happy hour" was a bummer. The lounge wine was higher quality, maybe, but I could have ordered it downstairs if I'd wanted. All in all, the lounge amenities really were not worth the extra price of the room.

1 Thank Snarth
Dear Snarth,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the club lounge. Complimentary beverages in the club lounge are more apt to be found at Sheraton Hotels in larger cities and are not a brand standard. Social Hour $5 special in JR's is meant to be a sampling, not a full glass of wine. It gives people the opportunity to try something new without having to purchase a full glass.

We hope if your travels bring you back to the area you will consider staying with us again.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown

Been to Sheraton Eatontown Hotel? Share your experiences!