“"One Night Stay"”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Ocean City, New Jersey
“"One Night Stay"”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay for a baseball tournament. The staff is what makes this hotel. Everyone working there was very nice and extreamly accomodating. The hotel is very large and the rooms are older but it is still very well maintained. The kids did use the pool and thought it was great. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is the breakfast buffett. It is a little pricey for what you actually get. The location of the hotel is good. Close to the main highways and there are a lot of places to eat and shop in area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Denise O
byouchah, Corporate Director Internet Marketing at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Denise O,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Getting to swim is always a treat. We look forward to welcoming you back. Best of luck in baseball tournaments in the future.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I selected this hotel because of it's rating and it was close to the location where I had 4 days of business meetings. The experience was a very negative one right from the start! I checked in and there was an error from what I had requested to what had actually been booked. It was not a tremendously big deal, but I was attempting to address it with the check-in receptionist. (Background info: I had booked my room via Priceline and called into the hotel to confirm my bed size a couple of days before arriving. The hotel transferred to me Sheraton reservations (which I had saved when & who I spoke with) and I was told that I would get a king sized bed.) I attempted to explain this to the receptionist, but her attitude was completely negative from the time I walked up & she kept blaming it on Priceline. Since I was by myself, it really wasn't a huge deal, but they way it was handled was completely inappropriate and unprofessional. I asked for the manager and Adrian Brackett came over. The receptionist explained the situation and he came at me with a brutally poor attitude, which escalated my frustration quickly. I attempted to explain the situation to Adrian Brackett, but he would only let me get a little bit out, before he said (over & over again) that it was not their problem and I needed to call Priceline. In my heightened level of frustration, I explained to him that I train customer service skills all over the country and he was doing a very poor job and handling the situation and finally, I just asked him to stop talking, because he had managed to take me from a level of mild frustration to extremely angry.

Two things were completely apparent to me: 1) Priceline customers are not treated as a 2nd class citizen here, it more like a 5th class citizen (If that even exists) 2) Adrian Brackett has NO idea of what quality customer service skills look like, nor could / did he utilize them. He either needs dramatic training or needs to be let go, before he does more damage to this hotels reputation.

Another frustration with the hotel was, 2 out of the 3 nights / days that when the room was cleaned / refreshed, they would take the towels used, but would not leave replacement ones. Ex. I had used 2 large towels and 1 small one and they would take the used ones, but left me with only what had been there already. I thought it was a fluke, but it happened 2 out of the days. The 1 day that they had replenished the towels, the replacements smelled like they had been washed in Chloraseptic or Listerine. They smelt terrible!

I did not dine at the hotel or use the conference rooms, so I cannot review them.

I did talk to one different receptionist throughout my stay and they were very pleasant, which is why I raised my rating to 2 stars, instead of 1.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Biz_Builder
Dear Biz_Builder,

Please accept our apology for not providing an outstanding guest experience for you. Your comments and feedback have been shared with our department heads to address any issues and training needs.

All of our guests are very important to us regardless of the booking engine. When rooms are not booked directly with the hotel through our web channels or property direct we lose some control of what's offered. In all cases we do try to be as accommodating as possible when availability allows. I'm sorry our team was unable to correct any issues. Your business is very important to us and we hope to welcome you back.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com

Travelers are raving about these Eatontown hotels

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I chose this Sheraton for an overnight business trip, based on its location and Sheraton’s reputation. As far as location, it is near many good restaurants and even has a well-reviewed restaurant, JR’s, on-site.

It was nearly dark when I arrived, so I can’t very too much as to its initial eye-appeal and I also departed rather early at low-light. I can say it was clearly marked and easy to see their sign from a block or more away. There is easy access into and out of the parking lot from or onto Route 35. There is a large parking lot in front near the main entrance.

This Sheraton has a beautiful lobby with a restaurant and a bar, but I did not use either--perhaps on another trip... The evening desk clerk was very pleasant and efficient. I was assigned a first floor room, facing the parking lot, but I had a very quiet and restful night’s sleep.

This is an older property and shows signs of its proximity to the salt air of the ocean, but other than these few nuisances, if was well maintained. If back in this area for business, I’d certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Even the first floor facing the parking lot was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
byouchah, Corporate Director Internet Marketing at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear WA2world,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your time and business. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The stay here was really nice. The staff was pleasing and were helpful. The bar/restaurant was the only thing I did not really like. The food was expensive and totally not worth it, breakfast was good though. The sheets were clean and the wake up call was on time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
byouchah, Corporate Director Internet Marketing at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Yeswanth E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience in JR's. It's very rare that we get a complaint in that department. I hope if you return, you will give us another try. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to welcome you back soon.

long island, ny
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel was great and the staff could not have been nicer (from check-in to maid service to room service, everyone was very friendly)! I would definitely return there and recommend it to any colleagues!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank frg0215
byouchah, Corporate Director Internet Marketing at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Frg0215,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed October 24, 2013

As a member of the Starwood family, I recognize extraordinary customer service and this property is a prime example of that. Melanie, the reservations coordinator, exemplified this by going above and beyond to help myself as well as my party. Melanie was very knowledgeable and everything you would expect from a remarkable, top notch Starwood employee. I will definitely visit this Sheraton again just because of her. For staff Brand Standards... I would give this property an A++ due to Melanie's wonderful service. The property itself is very clean and must have undergone a recent renovation due to the comfortable and inviting decor. Thank you Melanie! I'll be back, this Starwood gem exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank InHotTheBizz
Dear InTheHotelBizz,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are pleased to read you had a pleasant experience with Melanie and the rest of our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013

it was very clean and restful visit I would definitely go there again, the staff was very friendly great service, fast check in, the beds were very comfortable I hope to go back and visit that hotel really soon

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Abraham K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore

Been to Sheraton Eatontown Hotel? Share your experiences!