All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolthe jersey shorethe club loungeasbury parklong branchbeautiful lobbythe general managerwedding guestsbreakfast buffetking roommonmouth mallearly checkcoffee makernew jerseykatbeddingrefrigerator
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton in Eatontown New Jersey while visiting family the 11th through the 17 th of August. The staff at the hotel were overly friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Wen i needed a cab or shuttle services, they were right there to assist me which made everything pretty stress free. there are a lot of amenities near the hotel, convenience stores, restaurants, Six Flags Great Adventure is not too far away, and the train station at Longbranch is only 10 minutes away which makes it easy to get into New York City so that made this property a real gem. I am from the southern US and feeling welcome is a big part of repeat business. I will definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ron L
byouchah, Corporate Director Internet Marketing at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Ron L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are all so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as well as time at the Jersey Shore. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Check in staff unsatisfactory computer problems and failure to follow through on commitments. Breakfast buffet poor quality and indifferent service. Coffee urn left on table ala IHOP. Had to ask for water and service after 15 minutes. Great room and beautiful pool.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Bacc35,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am going to share them with the appropriate department heads so they may address any issues. Please accept our apologies. Your experience is atypical of the high level of service we strive to provide. We hope you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

If you are like most people traveling from the Middle East, i.e. Dubai, Kuwait, etc, where are the money has provided for all the conveniences are a phone call away, you back to the states, you do not expect the Royal treatment or the style and customer service that is so common overseas in not only the Middle East, but in Europe, the Med and North Africa. Well let me tell you, I have only been to Eatontown twice, both on business. This time reminded me of the last. It was just a great experience staying at the Sheraton. The staff is really what makes it, the willingness to assist you, the knowledge of the area, from the youngest to the older staff members, they are all helpful. All nationalities and so diversified, the staff represents itself as a team, as one. I am very impressed with the room service, laundry, hotel shuttle service, and the restaurant at lunch is great. The hotel is older and not perfect, but the staff and the service they provide over shadows any imperfection that is exposed. The bedding and cleanliness is top shelf. I cannot say enough about how impressed I am about the staff and support. The experience there was something special. I could have not asked for a better place to stay. Thank you all for the excellent service and a wonderful visit. Everyone makes you feel like your at home in a hotel! Many, many thanks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jewhitt1

Dear Jewhitt1,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We appreciate your time and words. I have shared your comments with everyone on the hospitality team and they are so hapy to hear you were pleased with your experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Although I've never used a 3rd party site to book a room I could not afford to stay anywhere but a sleazy motel down the shore right now. This has been a yard year for my family, after a year in red tape got the green light for loan to rebuild or relocate (our home was destroyed by hurricane Irene and we had no flood insurance), chose to buy new home, 3 weeks prior to move in the house was burned down. Since it was arson it takes the insurance company a long time to pay a penny.

With two mortgages and having to replace all that we lost saying money is tight is like saying there was a little bit of rain. I had no way to take my two young girls to the beach for a couple of days without going somewhere that I would be afraid to touch the sheets so I used a third party booking site, they don't let you say how many people, they only guarantee room for two people.

Although I had to take the gamble in order to get a room we could afford and also not be afraid of I called the front desk when I learned which hotel. The front desk is amazing, I hope I don't get anyone in trouble by posting this but they just gave two little girls hope again. My girls watched as all their holiday gifts (I wouldn't let them take any out of boxes) along with many of their things, the work they'd done in the house, my 9 year old spent hours doing yard work, pulling staples out of floor, and painting her own room.

I had my girls as engaged as possible since the storm took what was our home in a flash flood, our land locked home. They had lost so much, the insurance delay has only made it worse as we have so little right now. Thank you to the people at the hotel desk who made sure we have two beds.

THANK YOU FOR LETTING TWO LITTLE GIRLS BE LITTLE GIRLS EVEN IF ONLY FOR A FEW NIGHTS, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO OUR FAMILY, WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR ACT OF KINDNESS.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly if you have any concerns
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kim L

Dear Kim L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are very pleased to be able to assist in giving your family a vacation this summer. We are all too familiar with the chaos a natural disaster can create. I hope enjoyed the respite at the Jersey Shore. We hope to welcome you back. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Staff is great, lobby and bar are very nice, rooms, ah not so much. This is a popular hotel and generally full on weekends due to weddings and parties. The problem is, it's really showing its age.
I understand a major renovation is planned for this November. Hopefully that will make a big improvement.

First the good. The rooms are fairly spacious and the beds are wonderful. The bar is nice and friendly. The exercise room is modern and in very good condition. The front desk staff is always very friendly and responsive.

Now the bad. Most of the room windows are fogged over because the thermopane seals are shot. I had a 5th floor room (not top floor) with a water stain on the ceiling. When there was a heavy rain, a leak developed there again. Another room I stayed in had a thick layer of dust built up on the bathroom vent (how housekeeping couldn't see it is beyond me). There's a buildup of dust between the edge of the carpet and the carpeted baseboards throughout the halls and in the rooms. Again, how do they not notice this?

Hopfeully the renovation will bring this property back up to par.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor (6th) during the extreme heat of the summer. The AC couldn't keep up and the room couldn't cool down. Their "green program" will give you extra SPG points for each day you skip housekeeping. You can pick up some major points this way.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
byouchah, Corporate Director Internet Marketing at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear JRMChicago,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I have shared your comments both good and bad with the appropriate departments so any issues can be addressed. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back soon.