“Great Staff, Ok Rooms, Great Bed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Eatontown Hotel

and 1 more site!
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Richmond
“Great Staff, Ok Rooms, Great Bed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

As always the staff was great and went the extra mile even when I was checking in at 12:15am after a long business day. The room was a bit "tired" but the Sheraton Bed did not disappoint and I slept like a champ.

The Gym is quite nice at this location and the indoor/outdoor pool is a great touch as well. Didn't have a chance to get breakfast, or see the meeting rooms so I really can't comment on those.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
byouchah, Corporate Director Internet Marketing at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Johnemac72,

We are so glad to hear you had a great experience with our staff. It sure is hard to get out of a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed in the morning, glad to hear you slept like a champ. Your time and feedback are appreciated. We hope to welcome you back soon.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Deltona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here at the Sheraton for a wedding. It was an excellent hotel. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. There was a very nice lounge and restaurant next to the lobby. Our family had a great stay. Also the value for the money was excellent for such a beautiful hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CherylnMarty
Dear CherylnMarty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I have shared your comments with the staff. We are so glad to hear that you and your family had a great experience. If you return to the area, we hope you will stay with us again.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Rude employees. Terrible customer service. NEVER have an event here! I blocked a few rooms for my wedding here. They did not hand out the hotel bags correctly, ignored me when I asked about it, tried to give me someone else's hotel bag. I booked a suite for almost 300 bucks and it wasn't even that great. They didn't even acknowledge that it was my wedding night. Will never stay here or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank babylors
Dear Babylors,

Please accept our sincere apology again for difficulties you experienced while staying with us. We know that your wedding day is a life event and are sorry things were not not executed as smoothly as possible. We can have over ten wedding groups in house on a summer weekend and we usually handle gift bags flawlessly. I believe you have spoken to someone on our staff already but if you have any further concerns, don't hesitate to contact me.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com

Travelers are raving about these Eatontown hotels

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Im not sure how old this Sheraton is because in has a nice clean fresh feel. The only reason I even bring up age is for a positive observation and that brings me to what I didn't notice, at first. When I arrived I went right to my room and ordered room service. Most things on the menus were reasonably priced, the food arrived quickly and hot. The fries were even hot and crispy. While I was eating I thought, "this hotel must be empty because I haven't heard any noise from the hallway" not one door slam or people talking too loud in the hallway. I little while later I had to go down to get something from my car, as I walked past other rooms I could hear people being loud, I think it was some guys watching basketball but I could only hear it when I was right in front of the door. Back in my room I heard nothing. So what I'm getting to in my long winded way is that this hotel must be old enough that it was built when they were still building quality hotels with thick wall and doors. Most of the time you don't notice that your not hearing people walking over top of you or not making noise in the room next to you. The room was spotless and well maintained. The bedding was your standard Sheraton nice and great feather down pillows. The indoor pool looked really nice as did the dinning room and lounge. The staff was friendly and attentive and it was no problem getting a late checkout. More about the room, the curtains are thick and kept the morning light out and I love a hotel that lets you set the AC fan to on. I hate when the fan turns on and off all night. If your going to be in this area, this is your hotel. Lots of places to eat near by including Joes Crab Shack.

Room Tip: Rooms are large.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JAkles
byouchah, Corporate Director Internet Marketing at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear JAkles,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review. We appreciate your feedback and pleased to hear you had such a nice experience with us. Joe's Crab Shack is great and there are also some really great restaurants in nearby Long Branch. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Cedar Grove, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Some times you have to wonder about having a wedding at a hotel.....not if you have it here! From the minute you walked into the cocktail hour and until the last song was played, the service and food was perfect. The outside area at cocktail hour was also very nice. The manager never stopped to make sure everyone was taken care of. (Over 200 guests). My compliments to all!

Room Tip: Stayed next door at the Staybridge Suites which were excellent!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Wylee51,

Congratulations on such a happy occasion. We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for trusting us with your event and leaving your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stay at this hotel at least once a year and after i reviewed this time last year management replied that they were in the process of refurbishment, hence when I arrived on Monday evening was somewhat disappointed to be given a very dreary and grubby looking room on the 3rd floor- definitely not refurbished. This room had a connecting door, although I wasn't sure to where, as I was at the end of the corridor as far as guest rooms were concerned. Being tired, as i had just arrived from the uk, i settled down to bed very quickly, but the noise from the tv in next room was loud and kept me awake for some time, however i did not have the energy to do anything about it. The second night the noise persisted but even worse than the tv, I woke at 4 am to the sound of snoring coming from the next room at this point I decided I could no longer stay in this room the sound could even be heard through the walls and not just the connecting door. I packed and waited until it was light at which point I requested a room with no connecting door and was promptly given one on the 5th floor, a room which was better but still no sign of any refurbishment. This hotel is convenient for me for our offices but next time I will try one of the newer hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure there is no connecting door.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tobywasp,

Thank you for staying with us again and leaving your feedback. Due to the impact and number of displaced families from Superstorm Sandy, we postponed our planned update to the end of 2014. Your business is very important to us. Please reach out to me directly the next time plans bring you to the area and I will personally make your reservations. Please accept our apology for providing a less than exceptional guest experience for you. I hope you will give us another chance.

Ballston Spa, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Eatontown for the night after a friend's wedding. Overall the experience was good, and there were no issues with the staff - something I wanted to point out after reading some of the other reviews.

Due to heavy traffic we would not be able to check in before the wedding, so I called to make sure it wouldn't be an issue and front desk said it would not be. Checking in later that nigh was easy, though a bit slow. We had a delux king room on the fifth floor.

Room was very spacious with updated furniture and a large tv. Nice sitting area and large windows overlooked the pool. However, the bathroom could use some updating, though it was clean and as a taller person, I appreciated being able to stand under the shower (rather than in front of it).

Only real issue we found was the bed. Not sure it the mattress was old or just extra firm, but I found it uncomfortable and had some difficulty sleeping soundly.

Overall, it was a very good stay and we were impressed at the accommodations when basically all we needed as a comfortable place to spend the night before driving home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
byouchah, Corporate Director Internet Marketing at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear atm91,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We hope you had an enjoyable time at your friend's wedding. I'm not sure what could have been the issue with your bed and am sorry to hear you didn't have a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper experience. I will forward your comments to the management team so we can investigate and correct.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown

Been to Sheraton Eatontown Hotel? Share your experiences!