“Standard Renovated Old Sheraton”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
“Standard Renovated Old Sheraton”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is your standard renovated Sheraton offering in an old building with recent renovations. The renovations are nice the room is up to date with nice large LCD TV, great bed and pillows, Free Wi-fi and free breakfast buffet (no meat only eggs, potatoes and continental - fairly blah). The building as I said is old so you still have the low popcorn ceiling and old bathroom setup and the hallway wallpaper is pretty horrendous. My tub never drained so I showered in ankle deep water although that was probably just my room (who knows). The bar is nice and the staff is courteous and professional throughout the facility. Workout room is also standard per Sheratons recent renovations with 3 treadmills, 3 exer-cycles and 3 elliptical machines plus dumbbells and one bench. All machines are state of the art and new and the room itself is very modern and nice. The location is pretty lacking as there's nothing close by except for Monmouth mall which is a pretty great mall but beyond that dont expect much. If you're looking for a business stay and the location works for you this is better than decent. If you're looking for a vacation or romantic stay look elsewhere, the surroundings alone would kill the whole vibe.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear ricknieto,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We also appreciate you being our guest. The engineering team could have quickly addressed any issues with the tub. We ask that our guests inform the front desk agents and they will arrange to have a fix in place at a time that is convenient to you.

Sheraton Eatontown is located in a business park and convenient for our Sunday through Thursday corporate guests. A complimentary shuttle is available to all of the really fun places within 5 miles of our hotel. This includes the beaches in Long Branch, Pier Village, Monmouth Park and a number of other attractions and restaurants. Hopefully travels will bring you back to the Jersey Shore soon and we hope you will stay with us. Feel free to contact me if you'd like any info on what to do/see while you are here.

byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have spent the last month here at the Sheraton Eatontown as a result of the recent storm damage to our home, so we have gotten to know the place well.

Our room was spacious and comfortable, and the maids keep it clean for us everyday. The free paper and the free week-day breakfast (not just a continental breakfast) were both appreciated.

We spend a lot of time in the hotel as we have also moved our work location here because of the storm damage. The free wireless internet in our room and around the hotel has been very helpful. We did not use the computers and printers which were available, but noticed that a number of guests did, and they seemed to work well.

I have enjoyed using the exercise room each day, and we have eaten many of our meals in the two dining areas. All with satisfactory results.

The staff is cheerful and helpful, which we greatly appreciate as we settle into our "new normal"!

We are very please with the hotel, which is a good statement after all of the time we've spent here.

We will miss many of the staff which we have come to know, better than we ever expected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Joe G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We really appreciate it. I have shared it with the hotel team. The circumstances that have brought your family to ours are unfortunate but everyone in the hotel has enjoyed getting to know you all. It is unusual to say this, but we hope you will be leaving us soon for your new home. You are welcome back anytime and hopefully for a more pleasant reason.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I work for Fema in our Billeting Dept. to place our employees in this property which was/is a task in itself. I had/have the pleasure of working with Samantha Johnson; she has bent over backwards and has done all she can for us. In addition to Samantha, she has a great staff working with here!! They are Adrian and Melanie who stand in for her every step of the way!!! Also, I take my hat off to the chef and his staff because they actually changed the breakfast time just for us!! Thank you all for working with us; I know it has not been an easy ride....hang in there with us!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Sherri N,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I have shared your comments with the entire team on property. You and your team have been a pleasure to work with. We look forward to accommodating your colleagues and continuing to work with you throughout the disaster recovery. If we can assist you in any way further, don't hesitate to reach out.

Malibu, California
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After reading many of the previous reviews, I entered my room with great caution, inspecting everything to make sure there wasn't a problem that would make me want to change rooms. Everything looked ok and I had a very comfortable 3-day stay.

The walls are thin and I could hear a normal conversation in the next room at one point, but other than that I didn't hear anything. The wifi worked great. The bed was very comfortable.

The free breakfast buffet had everything you would expect (eggs and potatoes included but didn't see meat, which you can order as a side off the menu). The added advantage with the breakfast over a Hampton or other places is you are eating in a real restaurant with tablecloths and very nice servers who will bring your coffee and juice to your table, or take your order for anything additional that you want off the regular menu. With big glass walls around the restaurant area, I enjoyed looking at the colorful fall leaves. The buffet does end at 9, not 10 like most places, so that is something to remember. That is a breakfast-only cafe; I didn't eat in the other restaurant/bar.

Yes, it's old, and must be on a list somewhere for a future makeover - which is why I can only give it a 4, not a 5 - but it still felt like a Sheraton to me and at a good priceline rate, I thought it was a good value. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear msmalibu,

It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Due to Hurricane Sandy and the devastating effect it has had on the Jersey Shore, plans for our renovation are currently on hold. We are focusing on accommodating the disaster recovery teams and our fellow residents displaced from their homes. Once the need in the area subsides, we will move forward.

We hope when your travels bring you back to the Jersey Shore, you'll stay with us. We appreciate your business.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is a tired hotel from the moment you enter but it is functional and to be honest I quite liked it. The prices reflect the expectation and we stayed in the club rooms which were ok. It's not a 5 star hotel Sheraton and is barely 4 stars but we had 2 good nights sleep so for me it was nice. The restaurant was poor so we went out and found better. Tried to use the Spa and fancied a swim so set off and was horrified to see none of it clean...from the towels left everywhere around the swimming pool...to changing rooms that smelt and were disgusting....if I my kids had wanted a swim I would have gone ballistic but instead thought I would let you share in some pictures. Management at this hotel needs to be fired as this just not right and I bet this is the normal at this hotel so maybe I let one of their inspectors know so that will happen. Sorry for anybody with kids that had this experience.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Blasterchris
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Blasterchris,

I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay. Your feedback is appreciated has been shared with the appropriate managers to address. It can only help us improve in the future.

Our indoor pool is one of the hotel features that our guests enjoy most so it sees a high volume of use at random periods throughout the day. Our team works hard to keep the pool area clean and stocked. It appears we were a little behind on the date of your stay but this is atypical.

If you have any feedback you'd like to share with me personally you can reach me at byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com.

Carmel Valley, California
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel has some of the best customer service I have experienced. It is a nice hotel, a bit older, but nice. However, I cant believe how excellent I was treated as a platinum spg member. They really made me feel like my loyalty was important.

My nephew was getting married and I booked two nights in a suite. One with cash - one with points. My request for my platinum upgrade was to simply stay in the suite both nights. They did me one better. They honored my request and then knocked my room rate down to the wedding party rate! This was half price! I was simply speechless.

I also got personal service from DAN the shuttle driver. Twice. I was helping my daughter the flower girl get ready and everyone ended up leaving for the wedding venue without me. Dan saved me and got me to the wedding on time! He had already driven out to the wedding venue and drove me right back out. Thanks Dan! We also couldnt get into our room the first time we tried because the lock on the door wouldnt work. Dan walked back and forth to the front desk to get me new keys so I didnt have to carry all my bags around. Dan is the kind man.

I would definitely return. My only negative comment is the carpet could use an upgrade.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracy H
byouchah, Corporate Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Defender09,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on the hotel. We really appreciate it and are pleased that you had a wonderful stay. I printed out your review and gave Dan a copy. Reading your words made his day. We hope if travels bring you back to the Jersey Shore you'll stay with us again.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2012

starting with front desk adrian lorreta kim michael kate so willing to help maintance man mechanic neil in the bar greg and in rest.susan liz all willing to make your stay terrific loved the service room service quick pool and hot tub perfect fun at karioke on the weekend

Room Tip: the suite or club floor