All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolthe jersey shorethe club loungeasbury parklong branchbeautiful lobbythe general managerwedding guestsbreakfast buffetking roommonmouth mallearly checkcoffee makernew jerseykatbeddingrefrigerator
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a huge hotel and the rooms could use a new look. The bathroom had a mildew problem - which is a challenge with the kind of tile and grout that was used when it was built. They try their best but it's a battle with the old style of tub enclosure. .The sixth floor is the Club Floor - it includes a nice breakfast buffet as well as an evening light meal. Both are done very well and with gracious staff. This aspect makes the Sheraton a fine destination. The room was a good size and the furnishings were old but adequate and the TV was new. Arrival was the worst part. The entrance is hard to find - it's on a side road and Staybridge has a bigger sign at the same entrance. The parking lot was filled because there were weddings and parties going on. When I couldn't find a space in the lot I came back in and asked for advice. The lady at the desk said that I should park in a side lot. But those were full as well. So I drove around some more and found a lot beyond the front lot, next to Staybridge Suites. I went back and dropped my luggage off and then parked. No one in the front of the hotel was interested in helping me figure this out or offering to watch the luggage as they were busy - it was like I walked in on a party. I suspect weekdays are better. The bedding was fine and the heat made no noise and the hallway noises were suppressed by the thick doors so sleeping was no problem, which is the main reason for being there.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the Club Floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesson_learned
byouchah, Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. We're glad you chose to stay with us. The entrance can be a challenge to find and unfortunately we are limited in what we can do to remedy that due to zoning laws. Our sixth floor club level is an amenity we are proud to offer, we're happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. We hope to welcome you back to the Jersey Shore in the near future. If I can assist you with anything further, don't hesitate to contact me at byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I have attended a conference at this hotel twice a year for the last several years, but this is the first time I stayed overnight. I had a nice big room with two double beds, free wi-fi, and Starbucks coffee for the coffee maker. The A/C worked great, and it had a big screen digital TV. THe conference rate was very reasonable at $119 and included a continental breakfast. This place is obviously geared to the business traveler, but was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Each floor has a meeting room right opposite the elevators. If you go to bed early, you way want to get a room a ways down the hall as these rooms are used in the evenings sometimes.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
byouchah, Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments on your stay with us, we appreciate your feedback. Hosting your group is so enjoyable for us. Everyone is so very friendly and the staff looks forward to your next event. We hope you'll be staying with us again.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed here to attend a wedding in Long Branch, a nearby town. We were able to get an early check-in, which was nice. The employees at the reception desk seemed a little distracted, but therre were people checking in for four other weddings, so they were very busy. I was okay with that, except that the same girl checked me out in the morning, when it wasn't so busy, and she wasn't any friendlier. The woman tending bar, where we went for a quick drink while waiting for the shuttle to the wedding, was very pleasant and friendly. Our room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. WE were treated to a breakfast buffet in the morning that was good.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
byouchah, Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Thank for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. I have shared your comments with our staff and management. They will be re-enforcing service level expectations. We want all of our guests to receive top of the line service at every touch point in the hotel. If your plans bring you back to the Jersey Shore, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Room had no towels. Sheets looked like they were not changed. Could not sleep. Noisy wedding drunks at 3:30AM. Staff was responsive to requests. One good point. $140 for 2 double beds. Not great value.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
byouchah, Sales & Internet Marketing Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I'm pleased to hear that our staff treated you well. Please feel free to contact me directly at byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com to discuss your stay further.

Sales & Internet Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2011

I cannot believe how unclean these rooms are. The housekeeping needs a serious overhaul. After we checked in, we had an hour to spare before heading to a wedding. As we sat chatting, I then noticed the dust......along the edges of the ENTIRE room's rug, under the lamps on the night stands, on the pedestal of the table, under the bed, on the a/c vents. The bathroom was mostly clean except for the many greasy fingerprints and smudges on the make-up mirror! Really???? Who the heck cleans these rooms? (The hotel is in need of renovation, but it can still be kept clean!)

I went to the front desk, told them, and they immediately asked if I wanted another room or housekeeping. I decided to look at the other room first. Sadly, it was exactly the same. They said they would send housekeeping....I said --forget it. I mean, I had no faith in that, and we were leaving shortly. Thankfully, the bed was comfortable and the shower head was decent. We paid a "discounted group rate" total of $189. Pathetic. Absolute poor quality, especially for the Sheraton brand.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JerseyGirl99_11

I'm sorry to hear we didn't exceed your expectations. Please contact me directly at byouchah@sheratoneatontown.com to discuss your stay.