“This hotel is filled with liars! Beware!”

Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
New York
“This hotel is filled with liars! Beware!”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Stayed here this past weekend for my daughters wedding. The hotels sales staff is full of liars. If wedding invites weren't sent out, we would have not used this hotel. In total, we probably had about 50 rooms booked so we were a pretty big group.

Now, the sales staff are complete liars. We had to deal with 3 different coordinations since they kept quitting or getting fired I presume. The terms kept changing and the new one wouldn't honor what the previous one said. On numerous occasions, I asked to speak with the hotel general manager but none of them would even tell me their name!

Overall, the wedding was great except for this issue. We had no problems with the rooms/food, the only issue is the staff of liars! I am writing an email to Starwood HQ with all the promises and who promised what.

Therefore, for any convention, wedding, or tour group, DO NOT STAY HERE. If you must, make sure you get everything in writing.

• Stayed April 2011
crivello, Director of Sales at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Good Afternoon,

I am truly sorry that your experience with our sales department was not a positive one. As in many business situations, employees do leave their current employement for better opportunities therefore when dealing or contracting with a business it is always a good idea to have a contract for the goods promised you.
Again, accept my apologies on behalf of the management and staff of the Sheraton Eatontown and we hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Stayed with my wife on our anniversary had a great time thank you staff

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Garfield, New Jersey
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I had a great time with friends here last summer, so I booked a night’s getaway hoping for a romantic evening of drinks and dinner, then a workout and swim the next morning. Unfortunately, there was a large group at the hotel which intruded on every aspect of our stay, and management seemed unable or unwilling to do anything about it.
The group was very visible and intimidating. They were all dressed in black, and the men wore long black coats and gigantic fur hats inside the hotel. Many were chanting in the lobby and the hallways. There were dozens of unsupervised children in the lobby and hallways throughout our stay. At one point we saw six people standing behind the front desk, with a uniformed security guard in the lobby, and they all just stood there while the kids ran around, pounded on the piano, and sliding down the large lobby stairway. We were very nervous wondering why a security guard was necessary.
The hallways outside the rooms smelled of food, as if people were cooking inside. Women and children were eating off of paper plates set up on boxes in the hallways. There were notices for this group taped on walls and doors all over the hotel . Very tacky. Construction paper was taped up on the windows of the lounge and the gym. I found out the pool, which I had been told was open at 6am, was closed until 9 for this group. Curiosity got the better of me. I wish it hadn’t. Men from this group were naked in the pool. Not swimming, but just walking into the pool for a minute then getting out, as if they were bathing.
We saw no reason to complain there. This group obviously had the run of the hotel. In all fairness, based on it's facilities and personnell, I would have rated this hotel 'excellent' after my last stay.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
crivello, Director of Sales at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Good Afternoon,
First of all, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We at the Sheraton Eatontown, pride ourselves on a very high level of customer service and your disappointment is very concerning to us. Unfortunately, as much as we would like to alert all of our customers to large groups staying at the hotel, it would not be possible nor would it be ethical to single out one group from another.
There were some instances that took place that we at the hotel were not aware of, and did handle it quickly once made aware. Sometimes when large groups stay at the hotel, they are not completely honest with their agenda.
Again, please accept our apologies and know that this was an isolated incident and not the norm.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future..
Regards,
Nancy Crivello
Director of Sales and Marketing

Travelers are raving about these Eatontown hotels

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I have stayed at this property on my to NJ, where I had a meeting the next morning. We could reach the city quite easily, although traffica was quite heavy. Not much time spent at the hotel, nut what I have seen was pretty OK. The rooms might need some refurbishing, but the overall atmosphere is OK.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
crivello, Director of Sales at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The rooms are scheduled for renovation shortly and hope that you return soon to experience them.
Regards,
Nancy Crivello
Director of Sales..
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This is my second stay at this property, my first being about 2-3 years ago. The rooms haven't changed, but I was on the SPG floor not the club floor. Check in was smooth and the front desk staff was awesome. Very friendly and very informative. The gentleman checked us in quickly yet managed to explain all the features of the hotel at the same time without making us stand there awkwardly. He was great. We stayed on floor 5 which was the SPG floor. I was a little disappointed I wasnt upgraded to the club floor as a usually am at other Sheraton properties however the hotel later that night looked full.
When entering the room I was impressed with the space of the room. The bathrooms are nothing to write home about and I found black hair in the sink. I am a blonde and my other half is almost bald. With that being said I cleaned it up myself and went about my day. We went shopping at the mall right down the street and had a dinner out. Coming back to the hotel about ten pm we went to JR's Lounge. It was truely a fun time and enjoyed seeing people singing karaoke.
That morning we had planned on going fishing out of Belmar for business purposes. I decided at 6am I was going to sleep in and let him run along. I asked him to ask the front desk for us to have 4 pm checkout as if its available and you are an SPG member you can usually get it. The front desk said no problem so I hung out in the room all day waiting for my boyfriend to return. 5 times, yes 5 times I was disturbed by housekeeping. By 2 pm I had to put the privacy on the door becuse she had just walked in the room after I told her twice I was checking out at 4. Doesnt the front desk communicate with housekeeping? As I finished packing at 345 PM and ready to leave housekeeping again knocked. I was furious and they just sort of hung outside my room. As I got in the elevator I heard laughing so who knows, My gripe with housekeeping also explained to me at that point why I had hair in my sink when entering the room. They just don't seem to care or know what customer service is. If you approve a certain checkout time leave that guest alone until that time. Its one thing to knock on the door once, but do not walk in after I told you I was checking out at 4. And then do not proceed to linger outside my door, its just plain rude!!!!!! Other than that I do like the hotel and the front desk staff. I would return but would put in a formal complaint if housekeeping didnt have manners again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We have stayed here a few times & every time we go back i'm impressed with the hotel. The food is good, breakfast is great - Hotel is very clean. Beds are super comfy & lots of pillows!

There is a great indoor/outdoor pool which loses sun early in afternoon by the way... but we do love it... the kids think it's great to be able to swim in & out

We will go back no doubt!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank gudystash
crivello, Director of Sales at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Thank you so much for great review. The management and staff here at the Sheraton Eatontown take great pride in our hotel. i am happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back.
Regards..
Ulster Park, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2010

The place is clean, has indoor outdoor pool.... 15 minute drive to shore points... great price too

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown

Been to Sheraton Eatontown Hotel? Share your experiences!