“Worse Hotel Experience EVER”
Review of Crystal Inn

Crystal Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“Worse Hotel Experience EVER”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My fiance' and I stayed here last weekend for our anniversary. Like the other review below, our first imppression upon walking into our room was a heavy odor of what smelled like cat urine. Around midnight and until 6 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING the neighbor guests were partying outside our room drinking, yelling, rapping, listening to music, etc. We literally did not get one bit of sleep our entire stay that night. We tried using the room phone to complain about the noise and the phone didnt work so we had to use our cell phone to call. The woman at the front desk said she would "take care of it" to which she didnt even bother. When we checked out the woman at the front desk didnt even ask us how our stay was just said "thanks" when we handed her the key. It was ,needless to say, the worse anniversary we've ever had and we would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank akeelyd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 22, 2012

absolutely horrible!!
I spoke to the so called manager after we left to inform them how upset I was. She informed me that she would have to check up on all of my complaints and would get back to me...needless to say she never called back.
-broken vending machine in "lobby"
-pool COMPLETELY under construction
-bathtub smelt like URINE
-broken lock
-DIRTY SHEETS UPON ARRIVAL
-broken lamp and power outlets

the list goes on and on....
PLEASE DONT GO HERE EVEN IF IT IS ALL YOU CAN AFFORD, JUST WRONG

Room Tip: Dont choose a room here
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank echo f
sandipjpatel, Manager at Crystal Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us here at the Crystal Inn. Unfortunately the pool was under construction and due to bad weather and too much rain is was not complete by Memorial Day which is our standard pool opening. The pool is completely redone, refinished and open now and looks better than ever today.

The vending machine did break and has been removed and candy and snacks are available from the front desk area.

Since May 2012 we have installed new carpets in virtually all of our rooms.

I am surprised to hear that you found dirty sheets upon your arrival and apologize for that.

Travelers are raving about these Eatontown hotels

Glenmont, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My family of 5 including me, stayed here the night before the NJ marathon. This place was old and didn't have anything nice. I picked up two dead bugs off the floor. The carpet was ripped and so were the bed sheets. The lamp shade had a crack in it. It was an old Motel. There was a car parked in the space near our hotel room which looked like it had gotten robbed. It had 3 flat tires, a cracked window and no license plate. It should not have been parked here. The only nice thing about our stay was that the people at the front desk were very nice and accommodating to us. They gave us a late check out which worked out nicely with the marathon. The place was VERY inexpensive as it should be for what it offered. I wouldn't recommend staying here except for a situation like mine, which was one night just to have a place to sleep before the marathon.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms which my marathon race partners had seemed a bit nicer.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MySonDoesTheRating
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Crystal Inn the night before the NJ Marathon, when we opened our door, we entered into the bathroom, very odd(made for some good laughs). The room stank of smoke.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank BRoss0310
sandipjpatel, Manager at Crystal Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
I am sorry your room smelled of smoke, we do have non-smoking rooms available and it should not have smelled bad.

Our downstairs rooms have two doors, one door leads to the parking lot and the front door opens out to our courtyard area with pool, gazebos and bbqs. The back parking lot door for most rooms opens into a tiled area outside of the bathroom...but we do have a few handicap accessible rooms where the back door opens into the bathroom due to the bathrooms being larger to accommodate handicap guests. However if you deadbolt the back door the keycard will not work and the door will not open so you can avoid an embarrassing situation.
Cottekill, New York
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The people at the Crystal Inn were wonderful. They couldn't have been more attentive. This is not a luxury motel. That said, it fit the bill, clean, economical and free of problems. Mallory, at the front desk is as nice as they come and Yvonne was great too. They all went out of their way to make our stay great

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I'm pretty sure that all of the people that have left comments here are workers of this MOTEL(not a hotel as it says). My girlfriend and I wanted to go to New York City for New Years Eve, and due to our last minute decision to come, we decided it would be best to look for a hotel in New Jersey for ease to find a room and take the train into NYC. We hit bad weather in Canada, and called the hotel to cancel the reservation we made, and he(the manager) very rudely just told us that we would still be charged the night even though we would not be there. I understand if he needs the room, but there was absolutely nobody there the next day, except some people trying to stay off the streets for another night (not speculation, they bought their room and the daughter said "Yay we have a place to sleep for another night!").

We arrived and the attendant who wasn't very friendly, took our credit card and ID and photocopied them. I've stayed at a motel before, and many hotels and have never seen that. I found it quite sketchy. So we decided to just bite the bullet and stay there because we needed to start heading into NYC. So we got our room keys and they didn't work, got them fixed twice, and then got into our room. The blanket was ripped like it had been chewed through, and the door looked like it could be opened by a stiff wind even with the lock on it, there were holes in the walls, it stunk, and the bathroom was disgusting.

We were told that we would have to wait until 4 PM to talk to the manager to get a refund of our money for the night we had just paid for. Not wanting to bother with the manager who we had already experienced as being rude, we decided to go to the Courtyard Marriot Hotel nearby that has never failed us before.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank liveharmony
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This most recent trip was my third time staying here and for good reason. I've never encountered any issues with cleanliness or bugs, but perhaps people bring it with them. Nonetheless, this is a great place not only for the price, but lots of things to explore within driving distance.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank

Been to Crystal Inn? Share your experiences!