“Wow what a beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
dublin, ireland
“Wow what a beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

I stayed here mid February for 2 nights with my husband and brother and sister we got the 2 king bed room suite with living room with sleeper couch and small kitchen it was great for cooking meals also had a small dining table with 4 chairs..... The hotel was very clean the cleanest I have ever stayed in the rooms were big and spacious the living room was great and having the sleeper couch was a bonus. The staff were very helpful they were upgrading the tv during our stay too lcd tvs i think it was 37 inches in the living room and 32 inches in the bedroom. Breakfast was nice and the offer a meal on tuesday wednesday and thursday they also have a laundry room and it was free to use came in very handy and free high speed internet I plan to use this hotel on future trips.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank irisheyes123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

We have stayed here for 4 separate weeks in the past 5 months...This hotel is great! All the rooms are very comfortable and each have full kitchen facilities....There are hot cookies in the lobby every night....They have a great hot breakfast buffet every morning and will give you a bag to take with you if you want to take a snack for later---i.e. fruit, yogurt,muffins,etc...There are even soft drinks provided at breakfast(not usually the case for breakfast)....They have a hot meal on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings so you don't have to go out to dinner or cook in if you don't want to...We have eaten several different evening meals there and they were all good,....These are provided at NO extra cost to you....The desk clerks are very friendly and helpful....There are washing machines and dryers at the hotel that are free to use....The fitness center is not the best but with everything else, we definately can overlook it.....All in all it is like home away from home and we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jltrent
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

Stayed Friday and Saturday night with wife and two small children.
Checked in and when we went to our room heard noises. I knocked on the door and a young lady answered. She said she checked in about 45 minutes ago. I leave my wife and kids in the hallway and go downstairs. Front desk apologizes and rescans the card key.

I was then given another room on another floor. Other than that guffaw it was a pleasant visit. Rooms were clean and service was friendly. Sign in the bathroom says room service on the weekend only if you arrange by Friday before 5. I decided not to call but on Saturday they cleaned our room anyway, which was an unexpected surprise.

Hotel is only about 5 years old so everything fairly new. DVD rental machine was broken but had no out of order sign, don't think they knew. Free breakfast was pretty good. Laundry is free as well. Wireless worked without a hitch. If I'm in this area next time I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Redeemer
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

I stayed here for a night over Memorial Day weekend. Granted it is a busy weekend, but accordingly service and atmosphere went way downhill. We were initially offered a room with a horrendous stale odor, and asked the front desk if we could change. It turned out it was a smoking room despite our clear reservation request for nonsmoking. Instead of simply offering us a different nonsmoking room, the manager initially seemed resistant to switch us and seemed to blame us for not reading the fine print on our online deal through Hotwire, which said the hotel could basically give us any leftover room they wanted. Fortunately, they came to their senses and went ahead and switched us to a nonsmoking room. My hypothetical guess was they were anticipating walk ins or late arriving guests this busy weekend and wanted as many nonsmoking rooms available for them to fill their hotel, so they tried to pull a fast one on us. Blaming the customer was a tacky move on their part.

The room itself was ok, a useful layout with a fully appointed kitchenette. The single bed was a double size bed (again, a sign that they were just dumping the last room on us) instead of the usual king or queen size. The bathroom sink area was carpeted instead of the usual tile. It was clean, albeit somewhat plain and homelike in terms of decor. Not that modern or stylish.

The hotel has a high ceilinged atrium in the middle where they serve free breakfast. Again with the crowds and families this weekend, this atrium amplified any noises, so by 6:30-7 AM we were unable to sleep any more, since it literally sounded like you were in the middle of bustling shopping mall if your room was in the hallway corridor open to the atrium as ours was.

The breakfast itself was nice in terms of variety, including a waffle station and hot food selections, but it was impossible to even access the food until the crowds died down near the end of breakfast time. It was a total zoo.

Maybe on a different weekend this wouldn't have been a ridiculous experience, although many Jersey Shore summer weekends usually are busy anyway. But overall, if you're seeking peace, quietude, comfort and good service, go elsewhere. If you just want a clean functional place for your noisy family to stay, this is probably OK. And stay away from Hotwire deals for this place; our price wasn't even that cheap and we got treated like second class citizens.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

The Staybridge may now be my new #1 brand of hotel. This place rocks. I had a Queen bed suite; I gotta say, for a suite, it's pretty small. That may have been the only downfall. I don't think you're gonna fit more than 2-3, comfortably in one of these suites. Other than that though, the place is sweet! The lobby is HUGE and tastefully decorated w. contemporary accents; black granite, mahogany wood, and a very nice trophy case to highlight all of their accolades. The lounge/eating area is ginormous; one of the biggest of any place I've stayed in. Not only do they serve a complimentary breakfast, but we got a nice evening meal as well (on a Tues night): taco/nachos bar. They have a little refrig case w. a good selection of beer (bottles) that are Happy Hour/half-price ($1.50) during the evening meal (2 hours). I've never been able to check into a hotel, grab a beer from the same place, and go happily relaxing to my room! Betw the beer and evening food served, there's no reason to leave the place (unless of course you're going to the Jersey Shore)!
I could easily see why this was #1 (of 3) in Eatontown. Heck, add Tinton Falls to this list as well since it is the same town and has even more hotels. It's right next to the Sheraton and costs $14 less per night. In all fairness to the Sheraton (and Residence Inn in TF), I have never stayed at either. Don't want to!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2009

My check-in was horrible. Justin and a female employee (don't know her name), proceeded to tell me that my credit card was 'no good' and I couldn't check in w/out a valid card. My card is just fine, it was their ineptness that was the problem since they didn't realize that the room charge went through, not once, but twice (2nd charge later removed). Between the two of them, they put my card through at least a half dozen times before they even noticed their mistake. There were other guests at the desk while this was occurring and I was absolutely humiliated, plus, neither employee ever apologized.
Also, Justin believes it's permissible to call a guest "Sweetie" - unbelievable.

And, this hotel needs a heating system overhaul. I always request a top floor, but was told that the hotel was having heating problems on the 4th and 5th floor, so I was given a 2nd floor room. It was cold on that floor as well.

Yes, the room was clean and the breakfast was decent, but it doesn't make up for the front desk staff and how cold it was.

• Liked — Clean room
  • Disliked — Front desk staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank strega2008
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2008

This was my 2nd stay at the Staybridge (see review from Dec 07) and it is still as excellent as ever. The food, the cleanliness, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is great. They even have an evening buffet now on Tues, Wed, Thurs nights.

The only thing that put me off a bit was the check in process. It was not warm or very welcoming this time around and I was given no information on breakfast times or that there was even a new evening buffet offered 3 times a week. It was just bing bang boom, here is your key. I didn't even get directions to the elevator. And it was the Guest Service Manager who checked me in !!!! I felt like I was interrupting her.

I worked for Inter Continental Hotels for 10 years and worked the front desk as a manager.... I know the requirements on what you say and do to check in a guest.....and apart from giving me the key... she failed on everything else.

Check out..now that was right on the money and perfect!

Can't wait to go back next year

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — Check In
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
#3 of 4 in Eatontown
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown? Share your experiences!