“excellent!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“excellent!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

since i use priceline for hotel stays, i cannot choose what hotel i want to stay in. when my bid went through and i saw i got this hotel, i wasn't sure what to think. what a nice surprise! our stay was just about perfect. the room was big (loved having the kitchen and living area), clean and the staff was very nice. the breakfast buffet is awesome with a nice variety of foods. although we didn't eat at the dinner buffet, it looked good. the laundry room was very convenient. the only thing i didn't like was this is a smoking hotel and even though our room was non smoking, the elevator and hallways have a smoky smell.

Room Tip: request a non smoking room/floor if you don't smoke
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank local_diner929

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Peekskill, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2013

As a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children), we look for a place that is going to fit our needs. Location is great! Not too far from local beaches and other attractions. Last year we stayed at a branch hotel down the street, which was good too, but Staybridge was wonderful for us. It had the space, the kitchenette (which is a money saver), is equipped with dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, coffee maker, nice sized refrigerator, counter top, sink w/garbage disposal, dishwasher, counter space to eat. We stayed in a one bedroom; double beds and a pull out sofa, we could have stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, but we like to save on some areas and spend on others. The 2 bedroom suites have a dining table, and have bathrooms in each room. The staff, I could not say enough good things about them. They were accommodating and went the extra mile for us. Continental breakfast is your usual, eggs, bacon/ssg/hash, potato, breads, oatmeal, etc. They did give a complimentary dinner 2 nights, Tues & Wed evenings. One night was Quesadillas and the next burgers and such. It is a family hotel so it was fun to have these meals. When thinking of any cons about this hotel, it makes it hard to write them down because we fell in love with this place, but, we still feel that everyone, including Staybridge, should know, (per my husband)The pool is suppose to be heated, and although I could feel the heated water coming into the pool, the water was still a little chilly. I addressed it to the front desk and so did others as well and they said the pool was at 80 degrees. I think maybe the water going in was 80 degrees and maybe that's what is being tested? Not sure, because the pool did not feel heated at all. Maybe there is a way to up the temp of the water? Not sure, but it was still nice to go swimming. The only issue that I myself had with the hotel was the noisy toilet. Getting up to use the bathroom when the kids are sleeping (in the bedroom where the bathroom is located) was a pain because I did not want to wake them up. Other than that, we love this hotel and recommend it to everyone, especially family! Thank you to the staff for being so nice and wonderful!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just stayed at Staybridge while visiting the Jersey shore. It was fantastic. It's impossible for me to find even the smallest of faults with this hotel. Check-in was quick; the person at the desk was extremely pleasant. We were given a bag with water and trail mix as a welcome. The hotel was spotless, new, bright and cheery. There were 3 adults staying in the room. The spacious living room with doors to the bedroom that gave some privacy were very much appreciated. Having two TVs was an unexpected plus. Loved that the sink was separate from the shower/toilet so more than one person could get ready at a time. There was a nice full kitchen. We were grateful to have a refrigerator and microwave. Had we stayed longer, I'm sure we would have used the kitchen for light cooking. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and varied, eggs, homefries, waffles, oatmeal, plenty of fresh fruit, cereals, breads, pastries, drinks. It was served in a beautiful, large, sunny room with floor to ceiling windows next to the pool. We were there on a summer weekend and didn't have a problem getting a table. We did not use the business center or fitness room so can't comment on that. The area around the hotel (which by the way is next to the Sheraton where we stayed a couple of years ago and found it depressing) has a lot of restaurants, stores and mall. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Recently stayed here for 3 nights. Room was smaller than I expected for a "suite", but it was clean. The AC worked perfectly, shower was great and the pool was very clean. I did not run into any issues at all. In fact, the entire hotel is pet friendly and it worked out for us because we were able to bring our dog.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here with two of my kids for three nights (6/30-7/3). It would really be hard to find any fault with this place. I booked a standard suite with no choice of beds, but they upgraded me to a one bedroom suite with 2 doubles to accommodate me and my kids. This was a unit with a small kitchen and living room area, along with a separate bedroom with two double beds and a bath. It was clean and the bedding and draperies were fairly new. The living room furniture was a little worn, but the kitchen applicances and cabinets appeared almost brand new. The dishes and pots and pans (Revere brand) looked liked they had never been used. There was a 37 inch flat screen in the living room and in the bedroom with a wide selection of HD channels. We really liked having the kitchen, as well as access to the gas grills on the patio. These were nice newer Weber grills. I grilled steaks two of the nights we were there and made some side dishes in the kitchen. Saved some time and money here, leaving more to spend when we continued our trip to NYC. We took advantage of the pool and free laundry facilities also.

The breakfast in the morning was a little chotic, but there were decent choices for a free breakfast. I liked that they had salsa and hot sauce to make those funky hotel scrambled eggs taste better. I am not a fan of turkey bacon, but it was okay, as was the sausage. Kids liked the make your own waffles. The fresh fruit salad was there each morning, along with applies, pears and bananas and "to go" bags. We generally brought fruit back to the room and coffee was available all day and evening. I thought that the two story eating area with tall windows overlooking the pool was very classy and upscale for this kind of property. Many families ate dinner and lounged in this area throughout the evening. They also had a dry erase board with weather forecasts and local events listed.

We were only there for one of the evening receptions, which was just pizza and a salad bar, but it was pretty good and again a great savings for families. Some of the other evening receptions on the schedule listed chicken wings and salad, sliders, etc. They have a BBQ every Wednesday and I wish we had been there for the BBQ.

I booked this hotel with credit card points, but I think the rate would have been roughly $150/night. A pretty good value for this location. The location was good for visiting Great Adventure and the Jersey Shore. There is also a mall nearby. We ate at the Bobby Flay burger restaurant, which I highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PaulinSTL
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Pros:

- Immaculately clean and tidy. For an extended stay hotel I saw almost no wear and tear, which is common in hotels people 'live' out of. Very modern and updated as well. The decor didn't seem dated and was 'comfortable' feeling. Plenty of well lit parking. Nice outdoor sitting areas as well ... the pool was the only negative. It is weird that the pool is right next to huge windows of the breakfast/reception room so everyone can watch you swim.

- Great breakfast buffet. Again, I was not expecting the quality of the foods at breakfast. Healthy choices such as fresh fruit ... or things such as sausage patties and waffle maker for less healthy options. LOVED the fact they had grapefruit juice in the machine that actually tasted like grapefruit juice.

- Although I missed it, they have a manager's reception with BBQ or pasta a couple nights per week. Bonus.

- Food in the 'pantry' store was actually reasonably priced! I say this because at the Residence Inn by Marriot, they jack the food prices up BIG TIME! ($8 microwave mac n cheese, $4 soda, etc.) Here at Staybridge, I was amazed because prices were what they would be at a convenience stores. $3 for a Haagan Daas ice cream bar, $2 candy bar and $2 soda and $4 for frozen entree. Kudos to Staybridge for doing this for guests. Also, Platinum members get a $5 voucher for the store, which buys a lot, but unfortunately no booze.

- Staff was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay.

Cons:

- Bed was like sleeping on a board! So hard. It was also super short. I asked for a king but was 'upgraded' to a room with 2 beds. I am 6'3, so I am not short ... but my feet hung off the bed a good 8 inches. The bed was super short ... and super hard. It also seemed narrow like a kid's bed.

- The room was pretty small. I felt like it was split up so there wasn't much walkaround space. I was upgraded to a 'suite' but it was only a little bigger than a standard room in my opinion ... just split up more into a living area and sleep area. The kitchen area was pretty nice though.

- The breakfast room was crowded in the morning. Although there was plenty of room to sit, there wasn't much space around the 'buffet' so people were sliding into each other's way and having to sidestep around each other which is awkward when you are trying to hold a tray of food.

Overall:

This was MUCH better than I expected it to be for an IHG (Priority Club) owned property. I absolutely hate IHG and feel that this company which owns Holiday Inn hotels doesn't deserve my business anymore. I have pretty much gone cold turkey from being an IHG Platinum member to not staying in any IHG properties due to the lack of customer service I've encountered with the brand. But I got a point bonus to stay here and it was close to where I needed to be for business. I am glad I stayed here ... I stay here again for sure if I was in the area. Which says a lot. In fact, I would probably stay here over a Residence Inn by Marriott if it came down to it.

The rooms are comfortable ... although if you are looking for a hotel vibe, this has more of a 'cheesy college apartment' vibe. Popcorn ceilings, spackled walls, etc.

Room Tip: The two bed rooms have small beds
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LovinHotelLife
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Clean - good food - super staff
Easy location

A must stay.
Employees are a pleasure.

Quiet location - easy shopping

Have stayed many times - even extended stay.
Always consistent and
Good value

The locAtion is terrific - close to ocean - shopping - major hughways

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Wmf1221
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
#3 of 4 in Eatontown

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown? Share your experiences!