“Better than average burger”

Bobby's Burger Palace
Ranked #12 of 59 Restaurants in Eatontown
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was curious to try this place out. The decor is retro 70's LA coffee shop and I would prefer to have waitstaff take orders but I was pleased with my blue cheese burger. It was the first time in a long time that a burger came out as I ordered it, exactly medium rare, juicy and topped with good quality blue cheese and two extra large slices of crispy bacon. I found the fries a bit greasy and oddly stumpy and the dipping sauce insipid. Prices are high but the quality is better than typical fast food. Burgers for two, two beverages and one order of fries clocked in at over twenty dollars, but it was a good burger.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was surprised to see that this place was nothing more than a glorified "gourmet" fast food restaurant. Was expecting a bit more from Mr. Flay (as I have eaten at many of his restaurants in Las Vegas, AC, etc.) The decor is unique; probably fun for kids. But it really isn't any better, higher quality than many bars, brasseries, at which I have eaten.

By the content of many other reviews, I guess I am the only one to feel this way. But for $30, all my husband and I had was 2 burger, fries, onion rings, and 1 SHARED soda. I guess we (the diners) are supposed to be THRILLED that this restaurant is associated witha gourmet chef. But, as my husband put it, Bobby Flay should have been cooking the food AND handing out autographs for these outrageous prices.

Hey, kids actually get a fair deal here: around $6 for burger, fries, and drink. But adults, ah, that;'s where things get expensive.

I really find this place to be a rip-off. And I truly beleive that if you go to a local steakhouse, you would get just as good a burger and fries. $5 milkshake - are you kdding me? And I have to stand in line like McDonald's or Burger King and order my food? Easy maybe, but worth the price? ABSOLUTELY NOT! There is no table service here or anything; you still have to go up to the machine to get your own drinks, like at all other fast food places.

The flavors might be unique for people who never go out to eat. But Red Robin's (which even includes all you can eat fries!) and my local bar around the corner serve the exact same bleu cheese/bacon combo as what's on Bobby's Burger Palace menu. The only difference is my local bar gives me a much bigger burger, served on a hard Kaiser roll; and that makes all the difference in the world. MUCH MUCH better than Bobby's Burger Palace version of Bleu Cheese/bacon burger served on a sesame seed roll.

Again, maybe fun for kids; but that's about it. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Love, love, love the burgers. Delicious every time I go. Worth the price. Fries are just OK. Try the milkshakes - they are delicious. Service is quick and the restaurant is very clean.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Quick service, uncomplicated menu and good quality burgers. I had the Bobby Blue burger, daughter had the crunch burger and teenage son ended up having two Palace Classics! We split an order of fries, which was enough for three. I would have liked to try the onion rings. Loved all the sauces including the dipping sauce for the fries. Fries were extra crisp and not at all greasy. Medium burgers were very juicy and flavorful. My daughter's medium well was a tad overcooked and somewhat dry. I should have let her get medium. She did, however, eat the whole thing, which is rare for her. I think the prices are fair. The burgers are not huge and there is certainly some mark-up for the Bobby Flay name, but it does add some novelty to the dining experience. I was quite full with my burger and the fries, but my teenage son needed two burgers to get full. Still a reasonably priced and enjoyable meal

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Great place if craving a good burger. This place is great! I love the different combinations of burgers you can get at this place! Gets a little expensive! $5 for a milkshake but good!