“Awful restaurant, basic hotel”

Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Windsor
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awful restaurant, basic hotel”
Reviewed December 26, 2010

We stayed here during a snow storm. The hotel is your basic Holiday Inn and the restaurant was awful. Yeah it was pretty busy due to the storm but it took an hour for our food to arrive and it was awful. How do you screw up tuna? They ended up setting up an overpriced buffet that I am glad we missed, it cost as much as both our dinners combined. The rooms were ok, our tv would channel channels on it's own every 30 mins and we asked for something from the front desk and never got it.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Athena732

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We went to a wedding at the Windsor Ballroom at this hotel, and everything about it from start to finish was great. The food, service , and atmosphere was sophisticated and
well executed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
CT - USA
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I am surprized that a hotel this good is available for such a low price. If it wasn't for the Holiday Inn plastic cups in the room you'd think you were in a Doubletree.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom2002a
Fairfield County, CT
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I took a large group of students to the hotel and they accommodated our group quite well. The hotel staff was organized, friendly and well prepared for our arrival. We occupied 40 rooms. The rooms were clean, modern and spacious. The beds were comfortable and each bed was topped with towels made into an elephant. It was a nice surprise for the students. Good breakfast! Nice bathroom vanity. I would stay here again if I had to come back to the Princeton area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 31, 2010

My family and I stayed here to go to Six Flags, considering there are not many other options in the area Holiday Inn is the best choice. The only problem I had was the bathroom reaped of urine (it smelled like a public restroom), which bothered me since I am a very clean person. Luckily we only stayed one night, other than that everything was just okay,

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TLMorris98
Queens, NY
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Very limited options in hotels near by Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor in NJ. The reviews on this hotel were impressive so I decided to stay here with my family. The hotel doesn't seems to old, the entrance is welcoming and the staff were ok, they gave you a smile so I guess there were not rude. I was told the day before that they don't accept early check-in but I had to stop by the hotel to get my park tickets so when I arrived around 12pm, the guy at the front desk checked me in which was surprising. I was in room 247 which was on the second floor but all the way at the end of the hotel, to my surprise there was no elevators near my room so if I wanted to go to the front desk it was an exhausting walk. The room itself was just like a normal basic 2 queen room, didn't seem outdated, it was in good conditions. The coffee maker was in the bathroom, the curtains had mold in it and there was no mini fridge or microwave. The free breakfast was ok, the juice tasted like tap water, eggs were good with potato, they also had bagels, and other pastries. The waiter was a little rude, they took forever to get coffee and juice. Overall on a hotel of this category I would give it a 5 out 10. I would say I don't recommended but again your options are limited around this area. I guess if this is the best that you can stay on, I really don't want to visit the other hotels around this area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Freddy R
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2010

East Windsor is quite far from Camden, especially at 3:00am. But that's far we had to drive before we found any hotels with rooms left on a Friday night in prom-graduation-wedding season. The Holiday Inn we lucked across was much nicer than we were looking for or deserved at that hour of the night, but at a great price. The king room we got was cool, comfortable and large--and there was a jacuzzi in the bathroom. The bed was amazingly plush, and with the shades drawn, we were able to sleep past 11:00--very not typical--and miss breakfast. I only got to glance at the other facilities--fitness center, outdoor pool, large ballroom--but they looked beautiful. The service was friendly and fast. I kind of wish I had had a reason to stay longer, and to be able to spend some more time here--it was amazing for a night's sleep, but I bet an extended stay would have been wonderful as well!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Radisson Hotel Freehold
#1 of 2 in Freehold
Courtyard Cranbury South Brunswick
Ramada Plaza Conference Center Cranbury South Brunswick

Been to Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area? Share your experiences!