“Platinum means nothing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Windsor
Washington DC
“Platinum means nothing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

As a Platinum member at time of checkin 'you didn't mentioned my Platinum status, you started personal conversation that and asked me to spin the wheel and gave me a popcorn for PC bonus on checkin. I didn't get a room upgrade and told me that you didnt' have any suites but when I logged in to your sites through priorityclub.com you had suites avaliable. Offred me a room with an empty parking lot view.

The hotel itself is fine, Breakfast was good. It was more the attitude towards Priority Club,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AlphaMyth
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Amyth,

Thank you for being one of our Platinum members and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am sorry to hear that the service you received was unacceptable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our best to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Arrived on a saturday and had we received the last rooms available. Got a very nice, but small room. The staff were polite and serviceminded, but not that warm. Only stayed for a night, but it suits me. Breakfast was as expected. Was a cozy bar there as well, so yes you can check in here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AlteEngel
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Hi AlteEngel,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn of East Windsor on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again!
fairhope
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a very nice place to stay, the customer service is outstanding, they assisted me in so many ways, very helpful and very polite and proffessional. I would reccomend this place to stay for anyone, who wishes to have a very clean room, comfortable bed, very nice TV, and very nice employees. They have a very nice restraunt, nice room service, everything that anyone would want, and a very safe enviroment. I send my thanks to the staff, that works here. Thank you

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank michael c
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear michael c,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for a great review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed everything about your stay. We always love to hear that we are keeping our guests happy when they come to stay with us.

The entire staff thanks you for a fantastic review and we hope you chose to stay with us again in the future!
Belmar, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during the hurricane sandy because I was forced to evacuate and received the worst customer service ever. There was power outage which is understandably not their fault but regardless the staff showed no concern whatsoever. We were on the 2nd floor and we tripped continously on the steps walking up to our room because they couldn't even provide a flash light in the hallways and staircase. We stayed in a suite and the sofabed was all ripped and very dirty. The carpets were old and there were visible stains. We had no heat, hot water and electricity for five whole days at this hotel and we still got charged the full amount! When power was eventually restored, the only thing that changed was we received fresh towels. We tried twice to speak to the manager and was also told he's not available but will get back to us as soon as possible which he never did. The staff were unapologetic about anything, they didn't seem to care. The day we were checking out , I asked for a baggage cart and was told it's somewhere around the hotel and I need to look for it myself! During the power outage, the staff will sit in the lounge chairs , wrap themselves up with blanket and watch us as we struggled to force open the automatic doors to get into the hotel without offering any help!. I was told we would be getting a non smoking room which was priority on my request but other occupants in my wing of the hotel smoked continuously. I notified the front desk and the guy said I'm sorry and was quiet offering no options, I had to hang up the phone. One other day , i was harrased by a bunch of rough looking guys sitting and smoking in the hallway on the floor in front of their room talking loud and using profanities, they said hi lady , we've been waiting for you and started laughing, i walked past them quickly and since then never left my room without my other half!
Even after staying there for five agonizing days because we had no where else to go, we decided to stay there for five more days and informed the desk. The guy at the desk said it was ok only to be told 2 days later that our room was sold to someon else! At this point I lost my mind and told them I would call the cops so a few minutes, we got a call back saying we can stay. So so five whole days, room wasn't cleaned, no heat, no hot water, no electricity, no phones and zero customers service and we got charged full amount! This is the worst hotel in the world and never would I stay here and advice anyone else to. I have wrote a formal complaint to their head office and cc'd BBB.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Toyin B
Dear Toyin B,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us after Hurricane Sandy.

As you mentioned, we were without power for several days following Hurricane Sandy. Unfortunately, we do not have a backup generator for the hotel, but we did have a small gas powered generator that provided light in the lobby and for guests to be able to charge any of their devices. We also used this generator for the kitchen to cook pasta and vegetables for lunch and dinner, and we put out hot coffee and tea with muffins and Danishes for breakfast every day.

We were also able to provide our guests that stayed at the hotel with flashlights once the emergency lights went out that first night.

Again, we are extremely sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel prides itself on its level of customer service, cleanliness, and overall quality of product it provides to our guests. We hope you give us at the Holiday Inn East Windsor another opportunity to show you its level of hospitality when we are not experiencing a state of emergency.

From the Holiday Inn East Windsor
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

A very nice Holiday Inn, almost seemingly in the middle of no-where, but not! Check in simple and friendly and a great recommendation for local restaurants. The hotel is large, with an open feel and very clean with a delightful staff. Bar service was excellent and they offered a buffet style breakfast that was average. Smoking rooms available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hi EuroTexan,

I would like to thank you for your great review of the Holiday Inn East Windsor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you stay with us again in the future.

Thank you again!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Pleasently surprised at the quality of the rooms for a Holiday Inn. We stayed here in conjuction with a wedding for 3 nights and decided to extend our stay for another two nights rather than try another hotel, so we just drove a little further and took the bus into NYC. The greeting by the front desk immediately made you feel welcomed. When we decided to extend our stay they just gave us the same group rate we had for the wedding. Saved a bunch of $ rather than stay in midtown Manhattan, we just took the bus into NYC. No hassles from staff, they really made you seem like a welcomed guest. Right off the NJ Turnpike so ask for a room facing the parking lot rather than the highway. Oh, and the wedding reception was excellent and the food was outstanding from the cocktail hour to the dessert bar!

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side away from the Turnpike are quieter