Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
$59
Hotels.com
$86
$70
Staybridge Suites Cranbury(Cranbury)(Great Value!)
$111
$129
Residence Inn
$124
$110
CrownePlaza.com
$101
Courtyard Cranbury South Brunswick(Cranbury)(Great Value!)
$125
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront desksix flagscocktail hourconference centerbanquet managerbuffet breakfastcomfortable staynj turnpikenew jerseystaff was very friendlybeds were comfortableroad tripweddingballroomwindsoreventsylvie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during the hurricane sandy because I was forced to evacuate and received the worst customer service ever. There was power outage which is understandably not their fault but regardless the staff showed no concern whatsoever. We were on the 2nd floor and we tripped continously on the steps walking up to our room because they couldn't even provide a flash light in the hallways and staircase. We stayed in a suite and the sofabed was all ripped and very dirty. The carpets were old and there were visible stains. We had no heat, hot water and electricity for five whole days at this hotel and we still got charged the full amount! When power was eventually restored, the only thing that changed was we received fresh towels. We tried twice to speak to the manager and was also told he's not available but will get back to us as soon as possible which he never did. The staff were unapologetic about anything, they didn't seem to care. The day we were checking out , I asked for a baggage cart and was told it's somewhere around the hotel and I need to look for it myself! During the power outage, the staff will sit in the lounge chairs , wrap themselves up with blanket and watch us as we struggled to force open the automatic doors to get into the hotel without offering any help!. I was told we would be getting a non smoking room which was priority on my request but other occupants in my wing of the hotel smoked continuously. I notified the front desk and the guy said I'm sorry and was quiet offering no options, I had to hang up the phone. One other day , i was harrased by a bunch of rough looking guys sitting and smoking in the hallway on the floor in front of their room talking loud and using profanities, they said hi lady , we've been waiting for you and started laughing, i walked past them quickly and since then never left my room without my other half!
Even after staying there for five agonizing days because we had no where else to go, we decided to stay there for five more days and informed the desk. The guy at the desk said it was ok only to be told 2 days later that our room was sold to someon else! At this point I lost my mind and told them I would call the cops so a few minutes, we got a call back saying we can stay. So so five whole days, room wasn't cleaned, no heat, no hot water, no electricity, no phones and zero customers service and we got charged full amount! This is the worst hotel in the world and never would I stay here and advice anyone else to. I have wrote a formal complaint to their head office and cc'd BBB.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Toyin B
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Toyin B,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us after Hurricane Sandy.

As you mentioned, we were without power for several days following Hurricane Sandy. Unfortunately, we do not have a backup generator for the hotel, but we did have a small gas powered generator that provided light in the lobby and for guests to be able to charge any of their devices. We also used this generator for the kitchen to cook pasta and vegetables for lunch and dinner, and we put out hot coffee and tea with muffins and Danishes for breakfast every day.

We were also able to provide our guests that stayed at the hotel with flashlights once the emergency lights went out that first night.

Again, we are extremely sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel prides itself on its level of customer service, cleanliness, and overall quality of product it provides to our guests. We hope you give us at the Holiday Inn East Windsor another opportunity to show you its level of hospitality when we are not experiencing a state of emergency.

From the Holiday Inn East Windsor

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A very nice Holiday Inn, almost seemingly in the middle of no-where, but not! Check in simple and friendly and a great recommendation for local restaurants. The hotel is large, with an open feel and very clean with a delightful staff. Bar service was excellent and they offered a buffet style breakfast that was average. Smoking rooms available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Hi EuroTexan,

I would like to thank you for your great review of the Holiday Inn East Windsor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you stay with us again in the future.

Thank you again!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Pleasently surprised at the quality of the rooms for a Holiday Inn. We stayed here in conjuction with a wedding for 3 nights and decided to extend our stay for another two nights rather than try another hotel, so we just drove a little further and took the bus into NYC. The greeting by the front desk immediately made you feel welcomed. When we decided to extend our stay they just gave us the same group rate we had for the wedding. Saved a bunch of $ rather than stay in midtown Manhattan, we just took the bus into NYC. No hassles from staff, they really made you seem like a welcomed guest. Right off the NJ Turnpike so ask for a room facing the parking lot rather than the highway. Oh, and the wedding reception was excellent and the food was outstanding from the cocktail hour to the dessert bar!

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side away from the Turnpike are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BearGuy60
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Hi BearGuy60,

All of us at the Holiday Inn East Windsor greatly appreciate your wonderful review!

We are so delighted you enjoyed the wedding and the reception, and we are happy that we could accommodate your needs for your extended stay.

Your positive comments are what we love to hear!

Thanks again from all of us at the Holiday Inn East Windsor!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

If I give a score of 0 to 10, I would give them a 10 for the restaurant. Bar is not my cup of tea, but they have the best food, I,ve ever had. The chefs done a excellent job serving the food the, front desk sever did a great job as well. Keep up the good work, and the chef deserve a great raise. The hotel is very good as well. Can't leave that out.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here three nights. Two nights for conference and liked it so much, added a third night. Room very comfortable, clean, and provided small refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV, choice of pillows, and nice large desk workspace. Bed very, very comfortable. Small downsides - checked in after the 3:00 posted time, and room was not yet ready. However, was upgraded to room on first floor, so it worked out well. Came back from conference mid-afternoon on second day and room had not yet been cleaned. Front desk, at my request, sent fresh towels. Housekeeping knocked on door about 45 minutes later, but at that point i just told them no. No restaurants within walking distance. With a car you are within minutes of a many places to eat, theaters, etc. Front desk was helpful with directions. Restaurant in hotel, but did not use it. Would stay there again. Right off Jersey turnpike at exit 8.

1  Thank Carl949