“Rude and nasty”

Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Windsor
Reviewed June 27, 2010

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Nothing I asked for could I get and the man at the front blamed everything on the woman that was working earlier. Towels are hard as a rock, no toliet paper, room was not clean and the restruant/bar attached was nasty and the owner rude and anything. I would not go there again nor would i tell you too ..please dont book here run , run as fast as you can.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank travlerswife

Reviewed June 19, 2010

We were in the area for a family event and many in our family were staying elsewhere. We were lucky to get a room on the busy Sat. night, even with an advance reservation. The room was adequate and represented a good value given that our family members didn't get continental breakfast at their location and they were paying $15-20 more for their rooms.

The breakfast area was somewhat chaotic and I had to ask the front desk to get someone to refill the orange juice - so an earlier review was accurate in describing that the breakfast was staffed by someone who was doing double duty on other tasks. But the selection was good and even on a crowded Sunday morning - space was adequate.

Wifi - slow connection.

Wouldn't recommend for a long stay - but ok for our needs.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2010

This Days Inn is great if you’re looking for a nice hotel off the Turnpike but don’t have a huge budget.  I stayed here for two weeks for work, and the staff made me feel at home.  You can tell as soon as you get there that they care about the hotel – the parking lot is free of trash and the grounds are kept up very well.  Even the housekeepers smile and say hello.  If I needed directions or extra towels, someone always helped me right away.  Being away from home for two weeks could have been a terrible experience, but it was a million times better because I knew I was coming back to a clean, comfortable room every night.  I’d tell anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My husband , two children (boy 12, girl 8) and I went to Great Adventures for the weekend and decided to spend the night in Jersey to avoid NJTurnpike traffic towards NYC after an exhausting day at the park. I booked this hotel only because of its proximity to the park and the price-well we got exactly what we paid for. For starters if you or any members of your party are over 6ft tall be prepared to kiss the ceilings. My husband who is 6'4 felt soaring against the 7ft ceilings, the 1 concierge at the Days Inn was overwhelmed with the duties of checking in clients,answering the phones and addressing the needs of existing guests. We waited a long time to be checked in, for fresh towels, we waited an even longer time for milk,orange juice and muffins to be replenished at the buffet breakfast and we waited an eternity for the dining area to be cleaned. (apparently there was 1 cleaning lady on staff and she shuttles from cleaning rooms to the main lobby and dining area as needed) In short the service was POOR, and the accommodations were shabby to say the least. For a family looking for a quick SHUT EYE with no regard to quality - this might be the spot for them. However, if your looking for comfort and service keep surfing the web and spend your hard earned dollar wisely. We should have!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank loulou925
Reviewed April 1, 2010

A very good Days Inn. Nice staff, breakfast above average. Recently renewed.
Very good option.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn to visit Six Flags Great Adventure with my kids, and we had so much fun that we're coming back in October for Fright Fest. The hotel is right off the Turnpike, but not too noisy. There are no hotels right next to Six Flags, but the Days Inn is only 15-20 minutes away. I don't think there are any hotels closer... at least not for the same value. The front desk staff was very nice. Beverly in particular was very warm and helpful during out stay. The rooms were clean and fresh, and the kids loved the pool. We ate at the Greek restaurant in the hotel, which was a really nice surprise - it wasn't at all the usual substandard greasy food I'm used to in hotels. If you've had less than stellar stays at other Days Inns as I have, don't be scared! This is one of the good ones.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank morocco701
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I recently stayed at the Days Inn East Windsor for one night. The hotel was overall pretty good.

Positives:
-(excellent)Continental breakfast. It included donuts, muffins, cereal, fruit, bagels, and juices and
-Overall Clean room
-Good bathroom.

Negatives:
-Front desk was very rude at check in. Got friendlier though.
-Small room.
-Rooms are very dark.
-Not the most comfortable bed in the world.
-Comforter looked worn and dirty.
-WiFi did not work.

This is not a place where you come and say "lets go spend our vacation at this hotel." Its really just a place where you should crash for a night or two. Its OK, but not the best. If your going to Six Flags for a day, I highly recommend you stay closer. It was very difficult to find this coming from Six Flags.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Radisson Hotel Freehold
#1 of 2 in Freehold
Ramada Plaza Conference Center Cranbury South Brunswick
Staybridge Suites Cranbury

Been to Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown? Share your experiences!