“Never Again!!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Windsor
New York City, New York
“Never Again!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My husband , two children (boy 12, girl 8) and I went to Great Adventures for the weekend and decided to spend the night in Jersey to avoid NJTurnpike traffic towards NYC after an exhausting day at the park. I booked this hotel only because of its proximity to the park and the price-well we got exactly what we paid for. For starters if you or any members of your party are over 6ft tall be prepared to kiss the ceilings. My husband who is 6'4 felt soaring against the 7ft ceilings, the 1 concierge at the Days Inn was overwhelmed with the duties of checking in clients,answering the phones and addressing the needs of existing guests. We waited a long time to be checked in, for fresh towels, we waited an even longer time for milk,orange juice and muffins to be replenished at the buffet breakfast and we waited an eternity for the dining area to be cleaned. (apparently there was 1 cleaning lady on staff and she shuttles from cleaning rooms to the main lobby and dining area as needed) In short the service was POOR, and the accommodations were shabby to say the least. For a family looking for a quick SHUT EYE with no regard to quality - this might be the spot for them. However, if your looking for comfort and service keep surfing the web and spend your hard earned dollar wisely. We should have!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank loulou925

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Florianopolis, SC
Reviewed April 1, 2010

A very good Days Inn. Nice staff, breakfast above average. Recently renewed.
Very good option.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Staten Island
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn to visit Six Flags Great Adventure with my kids, and we had so much fun that we're coming back in October for Fright Fest. The hotel is right off the Turnpike, but not too noisy. There are no hotels right next to Six Flags, but the Days Inn is only 15-20 minutes away. I don't think there are any hotels closer... at least not for the same value. The front desk staff was very nice. Beverly in particular was very warm and helpful during out stay. The rooms were clean and fresh, and the kids loved the pool. We ate at the Greek restaurant in the hotel, which was a really nice surprise - it wasn't at all the usual substandard greasy food I'm used to in hotels. If you've had less than stellar stays at other Days Inns as I have, don't be scared! This is one of the good ones.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank morocco701
Long Island,NY
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I recently stayed at the Days Inn East Windsor for one night. The hotel was overall pretty good.

Positives:
-(excellent)Continental breakfast. It included donuts, muffins, cereal, fruit, bagels, and juices and
-Overall Clean room
-Good bathroom.

Negatives:
-Front desk was very rude at check in. Got friendlier though.
-Small room.
-Rooms are very dark.
-Not the most comfortable bed in the world.
-Comforter looked worn and dirty.
-WiFi did not work.

This is not a place where you come and say "lets go spend our vacation at this hotel." Its really just a place where you should crash for a night or two. Its OK, but not the best. If your going to Six Flags for a day, I highly recommend you stay closer. It was very difficult to find this coming from Six Flags.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank tpich
Bayern
Reviewed July 3, 2009

+ very friendly staff
+ very clean and comfortable
+ great breakfast
+ Pool and free Internet access at the lobby
+ easy to find
- AICs produce permanent hum
- you can hear every word from the floor

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Hampton, GA
Reviewed January 12, 2009

We stayed here while on a trip for a funeral. The price was right and room was spacious. and recently renovated and very clean.. The front desk staff were all very nice and accomodating. We did have a bit of a problem with the WIFI internet in the room, and even in the lobby They seemed to be working on it the entire time we were there. . If this is important to you, I would not suggest Days Inn as I also had a problems in another we stayed in in NC. The breakfast was nice for the price. I know this has nothing to do with the motel but there was lots of door slamming to be heard from the hallways. Very close to the turnpike which makes traveling easier. This location was the best value in the area

• Stayed January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
Reviewed May 12, 2008

All was ok with this hotel until after check out - I had requested the AAA rate and had booked direct with the hotel over the phone. Unfortunately, I didn't double-check the rate on check in and didn't notice their error until after my stay (the morning after). I'm still trying to resolve the issue and am putting a dispute in place with my credit card company in the meantime.

The general manager on duty was extremely aggressive and I thought very rude when she slammed the phone down on me mid conversation!

One other comment, and it's not sour grapes - honest! The hotel smelled. At first I thought it was cigarette smoke, then changed my mind when I saw some rooms were being painted. However, when I switched the vent on in the bathroom, it still smelled of smoke. So, was it smoke or was it paint? I'm not contacting them again - I may get the general manager !!

Stayed May 2008

Ramada Plaza Conference Center Cranbury South Brunswick
Ramada Toms River
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River

Been to Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown? Share your experiences!