“A true bargain, clean and a very friendly environment”

Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Windsor
punta cana dominican republic
“A true bargain, clean and a very friendly environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

I ended up in this hotel because my previous hotel canceled my reservation.
The best thing that happen to us. I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about it.
I called them on the phone to make the reservation the girl was very friendly.
I room rate was unbelievable afforable for us. My previous hotel was charging me $232 and nothing free. This hotel gave me a room for 4 with continental breakfast for $137.
What a bargain I thought. When we got there they were very friendly. I have 2 small boys and my mom. The place was very clean. The room were renovated and everything look very clean. I pay attention to cleanliness because I have small children. They have a good size pool but I didn't bother. It look nice and clean. I was coming from six flag and I just wanted a place to stay for the night so I could be close enough to six flag to go back on the next day. It about 20-25 minutes to six flag. The hotel is located very close to the turnpike. The hotel is right off exit 8 of the turnpike. The breakfast was unbelievable. You had so much choices to chose from. It is a continental breakfast. I am a more ariser so I go breakfast for everyone and took it to the room. There are plenty of seating places right on the 1st. floor. I really can go on and on about how great this hotel is for the price, friendly staff, cleanliness and close to six flag. I am planning on going this weekend because I hold season tickets from six flag. I am so happy things workout for me for the better. This will be my hotel of choice when ever I go to six flag.
Keep in mind where can you find a place that give you something free these day.... and the price is just right... with all thoses asset, clean, renovated, friendly -and free breakfast....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for one night after going to Six Flags. One thing that surprised me was the towel animal (swan) on my bed when I went into the room - not something you expect from a days in. The room was clean but nothing special. I didn't go to the pool. There was a restaurant in the lobby but we didn't go into it. There were some vending machines - there was not a single selection of plain chocolate anything - if there was chocolate it had nuts in it. the breakfast was nothing special, The muffins etc were a typical choice, but the coffee was absolutely terrible. They had a machine that used instant coffee to make your cup of joe. I had to drive to a nearby store to get a decent cup of coffee.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
central ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

My husband and I planned a last minute trip to Great Adventure. We live about 4hrs away so we just stopped when we got tired and were planning on driving to the park the next morning. Days Inn looked ok from the outside and we figured it would be reasonably priced. It was a bit pricey, the girl at the front desk lacked any personality and when we got to our room in was so small and smelled of mold and mildew really badly I had a hard time getting to sleep. Cleanliness was average and the breakfast the next morning was average. It was a quiet night so that was a plus. Other than that I wish we had stayed at the Holiday Inn next door... I am sure it would have been worth the price!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
JerseyGirl166, Manager at Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
We apologize for any inconvenience during your last visit in September 2010. Currently (July 19, 2011), our Days Inn hotel team includes talented new managers and staff, and we’ve raised the bar for quality and care higher than ever. To ensure cleanliness in our rooms, every one of our hotel department managers checks 5 hotel rooms per week throughout the property. Any score below 90% results in automatic disciplinary action. We also offer our guests a Stay and Play package that adds value and includes discount tickets to Six Flags Great Adventure. Our affiliate hotels, including the Holiday Inn located across the street and the Radisson Hotel in Freehold, offer these packages as well. We invite you to re-visit our facility, and wish you happy travels in the future.
Woodhaven, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

We found the best deal for a Six Flags package at this hotel. We've stayed at Days Inn hotels before - this was one of the best by far. The rooms are nothing fancy, but they're comfortable and sparkling clean. The front desk manager was really nice and helpful, and the housekeeper brought us extra pillows. The bagels in the free breakfast buffet were never stale. There's also a good selection of other breakfast fare.

Location is right off the turnpike, but not noisy. This is a good, reliable pick for families who want to save money without giving up cleanliness and service. My kids want to come back when the waterpark is open and try the pool.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn in East Windsor, NJ on 4/9/11. Upon checking out I left my watch and ring on the desk in the room. When I called later that evening to request someone retrieve it from the room I was told that no items were found. I specifically left my watch and ring on the work desk in the corner of the room next to the window. I stayed in room #118 on April 9th, 2011. The watch alone has a retail value of over $600 and I find it hard to believe that it just disappeared. I called the hotel five different times over the last three days and the manager has not once called me back. I am disgusted at the service and disrespect of the staff and manager on site. This hotel is supposed to be honest and trustworthy, but apparently is full of crooks and dishonest employees. The watch was a Wittnauer (10d02) and it is not the price that is my concern, but the sentimental value it held as it was a gift. I will never again in my life stay at a Days Inn or an affiliated hotel. I have filed a case/claim with customer support (#2671445).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
JerseyGirl166, Manager at Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
We at the Days Inn East Windsor are truly sorry for your loss. We take all reported concerns very seriously, but our managers and staff did everything they could to be of assistance. Our records indicate that you called the hotel front desk on 4/12 to report your loss. Our Executive Housekeeper conducted a search, and we reported back to you right away that no missing items had been found. We have no indication that you asked to speak with a manager, or that you called back at a future time.

Subsequently, after we discovered that you had filed a claim with customer support, our Front Desk Manager reached out to you and left voicemail messages over the course of several days. When the manager reached you, we offered to open a police investigation, but you said that this wasn't necessary. We sincerely hope that you'll return to the Days Inn in the future, and that you next stay will be a positive experience.

Travelers are raving about these East Windsor hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

This is one of maybe two reviews I've ever done in my life. But I HAD to write about the superb job done by one employee in particular at the Days Inn during the dangerous blizzard Dec. 26th. I believe her name is Tameeka (please forgive me if I got it wrong). I was in a line of about 20 people who barely made it off the highway. She was a one woman band and served each customer with calm, respect and friendliness. The line went quickly and smoothly and made everyone feel well taken care of. She was focused and determined to do what she could for these battered travellers. Brava!
Also..a second shoutout to Jason the manager. He was ready with shovel in the early morning to dig out multiple cars from the driveway.
What an incredible staff! Thank you very much!
T. Palasz New York, NY

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

As most people in the eastern United States are aware, December 26th came with a massive snow storm. My 23 year old daughter who is deaf-blind, her guide dog (Jax), and I were attempting to drive from Baltimore to Morristown, NJ when the storm overtook us. We were crawling up the NJ Turnpike when we needed to find shelter. Our rear-wheel drive Mercedes was no match for the elements. Nightmarish details aside, getting stuck at the entrance at night, needing to help my daughter and dog get into the hotel, and digging out my abandoned car the next day, Jason Peoples the GM of the hotel and his entire staff showed enormous compassion and unlimited patience when confronted with a hoard of frightened and stuck travelers. Their willingness to help and warm and reassuring attitude certainly was great comfort to my family and me, and I'm sure other guests. In addition, the prices charged were clearly not inflated to exploit the emergency situation.
Not to demean the Days Inn in any way, but I have stayed at many Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons that could take a lesson in customer service taken to its highest pinnacle from Mr. Peoples. I don't know how old (young?) Jason is, but for a guy his age he is a consummate professional and the Wyndham Hotel Group should feel fortunate to have him on their team! My deepest thanks to Jason and the rest of the staff who were so very wonderful to us and all the guests that night. True Christmas spirit.
Oh by the way, Mr. Peoples refused any form of financial remuneration for the assistance which clearly was above and beyond the call of duty.

• Stayed December 2010
Radisson Hotel Freehold
#1 of 2 in Freehold
Staybridge Suites Cranbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton

Been to Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown? Share your experiences!